PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2008, 08:41 PM
HTC Soldier
Pocket PC: EVO 3-1/2G
Carrier: Sprinter Cell

xweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
So far my experience with the leaked 3.16 rom has been mostly pleasant. Here is the tally of what I have noticed/experienced...

Calls: Reception is good and clear. No dropped calls and others have made remarks to the clarity and loudness of the call. I have maintained Ev reception the entire time post-downloading and although I do not live in a Rev. A area, my device is still capable of obtaining this capability when available.

Messaging: The same.

Memory: I have noticed nominal memory leakage based on the rom itself... that is without me opening/closing apps and keeping programs running in the background. Overall memory leakage is proportional to usage.

System Load: Now I have noticed that there is a noticeable delay in system speed and loading. It is most evident in the wait cursor which moves very slow. In my opinon, this beta rom doesnt like startup apps/programs as well as Today Plugins and I have reduced both which has netted a substantial speed increase. However. If you are accustomed to the speed of Dcd's or Custel's roms then even with these reductions the system is still not as quick as these custom roms allow. Please keep this in mind.

GPS: This has turned out to be a greatly anticipated and well recieved benefit fo the rom. I have made the forementioned sacrifices to really provide the means of a stable platform with functioning GPS and proper call functionality. I have successfully used Google Maps, Live Search and TurboGPS repeatedly and a setup according to the medium of the threads available.

Compatibility: I have re-installed my 15-20 apps & programs back onto my device minus a few (as mentioned above) and have not had ANY conflicts. And what I mean as conflicts: regular soft resetting, frozen screens, 10 minute load times, error messages, etc. This was another large criteria that would determine if this rom would stay or go.

Conclusion: Overall I am happy with the rom. I made a post for the one issue I had and somone smarter than me had the answer and all has been well since then. I would imagine that a number of variables could keep others from reaching a harmonic balance of operation, stability and compatiability with this rom but as it has been repetitively mentioned, THIS IS A LEAKED BETA ROM and therefore must be treated as such. If it becomes too much of a hassle then it's not "ecomomically" viable to push it into operation... for whatever reason it may not work. But rest assured, this rom is out. It WILL be hacked, disected and reformated into custom roms and it is proven that the minds here and at XDA can implement fantastic results based upon the lackings & shortcomings of available software and this will be no exception!

Last edited by xweaponx; 01-31-2008 at 10:05 AM.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

slowlx is a n00b
has anyone successfully been able to get wireless modem program to work as a phone modem with this new rom? I followed the same steps as with my older rom and when I try to connect all I get is "phone lineis busy" love this new rom but I really want to be able to use my phone as a modem. any help would be greatly appreciated.

HTC EVO

Last edited by slowlx; 01-30-2008 at 10:12 PM.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:20 PM
Lurker

kisho is a n00b
I got everything to work just fine but when i connect to the internet it doesnt dial #777, instead it says Sprint(dial-up). Are the MDN &MSID supposed to be your phone number? I called sprint &got a diffrent MSID.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

quantumforce1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularquantumforce1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularquantumforce1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularquantumforce1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kisho View Post
I got everything to work just fine but when i connect to the internet it doesnt dial #777, instead it says Sprint(dial-up). Are the MDN &MSID supposed to be your phone number? I called sprint &got a diffrent MSID.
For Sprint, the MDN is your phone number and the MSID is another number they provide for you. **At least that is how it is in my area.
Also, you need to run the IOTA.
settings/phone/system/
select Internet and then click on Get Settings
then click on Start
In your toolbar you will the the IOTA as it reaches out to Sprint to get your Data settings.

Last edited by quantumforce1; 01-30-2008 at 09:36 PM.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:48 PM
Lurker

kisho is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by quantumforce1 View Post
For Sprint, the MDN is your phone number and the MSID is another number they provide for you. **At least that is how it is in my area.
Also, you need to run the IOTA.
settings/phone/system/
select Internet and then click on Get Settings
then click on Start
In your toolbar you will the the IOTA as it reaches out to Sprint to get your Data settings.
i did that, but nothing changed. my activesync doesnt seem to be working either.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4g

JC Disciple is a n00b
i have 2.08 on my Mogul? Do i need the bootloader or anything like that?
Thanks guys.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: ppc6800
Carrier: sprint

zarlof is just getting started
GPS billing.

I don't see anyone confirming that the GPS is not billing. I know that Sprint has a no plan $2.50 per day or a plan that is a monthly $10 for other phones. Has anyone confirmed that they have not worked in some billing to the GPS? Yes, I know that people have tested it with the radio off. Do you think that is conclusivly not billing? I don't trust them that much.

Thanks Zarlof.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo pro Soon to be Touch pro 2

remlle is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via ICQ to remlle Send a message via AIM to remlle Send a message via Yahoo to remlle
this charge is for use of the Sprint navigator (telenav) software. if you use google maps its FREE. the only charge woudl be if you use the above mentioned software google and other self installed mapping software is not charged.
the hardware FREE. this is per a sprint level 3 tech
Old 01-30-2008, 11:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6800 Mogul

Mach30SiR is a n00b
GPS is free...you can thank the DOD and your tax dollars.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

halcyoncmdr is a n00b
Use of Sprint Navigation is $2.99 per day or a $9.99 monthly charge.

Any other program that supports GPS can use it free, it is built into the phone, and uses the GPS satellites, not the Sprint network at all.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development