View Single Post
Old 01-30-2008, 08:41 PM
xweaponx
HTC Soldier

xweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
So far my experience with the leaked 3.16 rom has been mostly pleasant. Here is the tally of what I have noticed/experienced...

Calls: Reception is good and clear. No dropped calls and others have made remarks to the clarity and loudness of the call. I have maintained Ev reception the entire time post-downloading and although I do not live in a Rev. A area, my device is still capable of obtaining this capability when available.

Messaging: The same.

Memory: I have noticed nominal memory leakage based on the rom itself... that is without me opening/closing apps and keeping programs running in the background. Overall memory leakage is proportional to usage.

System Load: Now I have noticed that there is a noticeable delay in system speed and loading. It is most evident in the wait cursor which moves very slow. In my opinon, this beta rom doesnt like startup apps/programs as well as Today Plugins and I have reduced both which has netted a substantial speed increase. However. If you are accustomed to the speed of Dcd's or Custel's roms then even with these reductions the system is still not as quick as these custom roms allow. Please keep this in mind.

GPS: This has turned out to be a greatly anticipated and well recieved benefit fo the rom. I have made the forementioned sacrifices to really provide the means of a stable platform with functioning GPS and proper call functionality. I have successfully used Google Maps, Live Search and TurboGPS repeatedly and a setup according to the medium of the threads available.

Compatibility: I have re-installed my 15-20 apps & programs back onto my device minus a few (as mentioned above) and have not had ANY conflicts. And what I mean as conflicts: regular soft resetting, frozen screens, 10 minute load times, error messages, etc. This was another large criteria that would determine if this rom would stay or go.

Conclusion: Overall I am happy with the rom. I made a post for the one issue I had and somone smarter than me had the answer and all has been well since then. I would imagine that a number of variables could keep others from reaching a harmonic balance of operation, stability and compatiability with this rom but as it has been repetitively mentioned, THIS IS A LEAKED BETA ROM and therefore must be treated as such. If it becomes too much of a hassle then it's not "ecomomically" viable to push it into operation... for whatever reason it may not work. But rest assured, this rom is out. It WILL be hacked, disected and reformated into custom roms and it is proven that the minds here and at XDA can implement fantastic results based upon the lackings & shortcomings of available software and this will be no exception!

Last edited by xweaponx; 01-31-2008 at 10:05 AM.