PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2008, 10:55 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: 6800 (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

scotbotmosh is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to scotbotmosh
I created my own ROM using DogGuy's kitchen it boots up fine but when it gets to the screen where you have to do the practice copy and paste it reboots and continues to do this...anyone seen this before?
Old 01-31-2008, 11:14 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100
Quote:
Originally Posted by benny6800 View Post
Hello all,

Although this is my first post I am quite familiar with the workings of the 6800. I have run into an interesting problem after updating the ROM. I cannot edit any of the settings in the EPST menu (##778#) becasue it's not accepting my MSL. Initially I changed the default MSL to 123456, but this got reset back to the default after the update. I can access and edit settings via QPST so no big issue. The phone still works. Nonetheless this one has got me quite puzzled.

As the for gpsOne. It doesn't work for me, but then I live on a pacific island where I'm assuming now the network doesnt support aGPS. Does the GPS function only work in mainland US?

Has anyone else run into this problem with the EPST menu?

Thanks for any help.

Ben
EPST-i dont really know about this...

As far as GPS goes, aGPS is the assisted mode on the GPSone chip(hence the "a", assisted by the cell network for example)that is used to aid in triangulation and for the downloading of maps. If youre using a program that requires a data connection, then aGPS wont work if you dont have a signal or data connection (think google maps). If you are using a program which keeps its maps on a storage card or internal memory, then the chip WILL work in standalone mode(without a cell or data connection). example: TomTom

As far as GPS limitations, i know of none. GPS stands for GLOBAL Positioning System, so GPS chips arent locked by any carrier. Ideally you should be able to take GPS anywhere providing that you either have maps in stored memory of where your going, or have a data connection to download them on the fly.

Hope this helps
Old 01-31-2008, 11:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700 Mogul

benny6800 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
EPST-i dont really know about this...

As far as GPS goes, aGPS is the assisted mode on the GPSone chip(hence the "a", assisted by the cell network for example)that is used to aid in triangulation and for the downloading of maps. If youre using a program that requires a data connection, then aGPS wont work if you dont have a signal or data connection (think google maps). If you are using a program which keeps its maps on a storage card or internal memory, then the chip WILL work in standalone mode(without a cell or data connection). example: TomTom

As far as GPS limitations, i know of none. GPS stands for GLOBAL Positioning System, so GPS chips arent locked by any carrier. Ideally you should be able to take GPS anywhere providing that you either have maps in stored memory of where your going, or have a data connection to download them on the fly.

Hope this helps
I was under the impression that the Mogul doesn't have a 'standalone' GPS chip like the siRF, it only uses the gpsOne chip for network triangulation (thanks wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GpsOne).

I have an external bluetooth GPS reciever which works fine with google maps and tomtom, I get about 9 satellites, but when I switch over to the internal GPS the programs do find the the internal reciever but I never get any signal. I was assuming this was because of the network here.

Have you actually tried using the GPS on the Mogul outside of mainland US before?

Ben
Old 01-31-2008, 11:44 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Is it me, or does this test ROM eat up RAM like a mofo? I never had memory issues....now it drops to like 4MB with normal usage. It used to hover around 14MB for me.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:48 AM
VIP Member

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
no i havent, i was speaking hypothetically. The moguls GPS chip is not as strong as a siRF chip. The mogul does have a standalone gps chip/antenna in it though.

This is why the moguls radio can be turned off(flight mode) and you can still access GPS if you are using software that doesnt use aGPS(with no network assistance what so ever).

Yes you are correct on Google maps, which uses the data connection to download maps. It will not function without an active data connection. See the current GPS based threads here to find the instructions to make TomTom work(standalone GPS) if you are having problems with it
Old 01-31-2008, 01:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

akastixx is keeping up the good workakastixx is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgokal View Post
Anyone experience 2-3mins delays before acquiring cell signal after soft-reset?
Im talking about the CEll Bars! Its really a PITA when reboots required.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplusdj1 View Post
I am having the same problem. After a soft reset it takes about 5 minutes before the phone will lock onto the network.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
me and my brother both have this issue. it takes about a minute or two on boot to find EV signal. Possibly REV.A related

Same problem here. I don't know what I did to fix it though, I think I held down the end key to turn off everything, and then held it down again to turn it on It came on immediately.
Old 01-31-2008, 02:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

illa87 is a n00b
IM still not getting GPS! I do not know why!, can anyone help me out? I have reinstalled the rom. and still no luck...

Thanks in advance
Old 01-31-2008, 02:43 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by illa87 View Post
IM still not getting GPS! I do not know why!, can anyone help me out? I have reinstalled the rom. and still no luck...

Thanks in advance
do these steps...

first, make sure that my location is turned on in phone settings. Download the lasest version of google maps(or one or the gpsstart programs).

Go outside where there are no restrictions. Start up google maps, hit menu, and center on GPS.

Give it anywhere from 2-10 minutes. For some reason the initial cold start takes longer than usual. It WILL pick up satelittes, it just takes a while. The next time u start google maps or live search or whatever program, it should lock on alot faster. You need a minimum of 4 sats to triangulate a position.

I too thought i was the odd one out, but it took my mogul about 8 minutes to get locked on after i upgraded my rom, and this was in an open parking lot..and next thing I know...BAAAM!!! I was locked on to 6 satelittes and havent had any major troubles since..best of luck to you!!!

p.s. i didnt screw around with baud rates etc...I can tell u that gmaps must be configured for com4 though
Old 01-31-2008, 02:55 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
GPS stopped working! Anyone?

Yesterday I was using GPS on the way home. I got home later that night, and I tried starting it up again (I get a lock on 7 sattelites in my house) and it got stuck on "initializing GPS"

All of my GPS programs are saying there is no response or the request timed out. I have not changed any settings, and my location is "on" and I'm using COM4 @ 4800 baud.

I took it for a drive around town, and I still have the same issue. I also did MANY soft resets as well as making sure that the GPSDaemon service is running. I tried safemode as well, but still nothing.

Has anyone else had issues like this?
Old 01-31-2008, 02:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

kannaguchio is a n00b
After Update, Can't Make Phone Calls

So I updated to both DCD 2.0 and neuROM WM6.1 roms. After each I've been unable to make phone calls and I've noticed that in my Phone Settings my Voicemail is listed as 000-000-0474. If I dial *2 it takes me straight to activations. IOTA did nothing for me.

I'm sure others have had this problem but I haven't been able to find a definitive answer. What's my recourse here?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development