PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2010, 06:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S / Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

KaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to KaliS
Re: Official Samsung Battery Performance Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireballmonkey View Post
  1. Installed Juice Defender - the free version, and left it with all its default settings.
  2. Installed Advanced Task Killer, and set it to auto-kill ("safe" setting) every time the screen turns off. I made sure to add Juice Defender and a few other apps to the ignore list.
  3. Installed Startup Cleaner Pro. Set it to prevent the following system apps from starting (I'm guessing this made the most difference):
    • Amazon MP3
    • DRM Protected Content Storage
    • DRMContentLauncher
    • Media Hub
    • All the Sprint apps
    • Voicemail (I use Google Voice, so I don't need it)
  4. Did the airplane mode toggle (I don't know that this really did anything though).
  5. While I'm at home, I leave WiFi on all the time.
ok so im trying to do the same thing you did but have some questions about which things to stop in startup. did you "sprint updater", "system updater", "WiMAX_RC", "My Uploads", and "SNS" as well? If not, do these cause any issues if they are prevented? also, is the "Media Hub" the same as "Media Storage", because i see nothing that says media hub specifically?
Old 10-06-2010, 06:42 AM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by havox22 View Post
lucky u...my battery is getting batter after the update...i use to have to put it on the charger around 5 now i can go the whole day without needing to charge it..i hope the next update improves the battery also
I agree...the update has helped my battery life too. Before the update I would plug in my phone before going to bed and it would be around 10%. Now its around 30%-40% after 15 or 16 hours. Its definitely improved.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:48 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

good read on task killers, mines gone.

Android Task Killers are Dead
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

KaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

ok, im just not seeing how you all are getting these "epic" battery life times???? i removed my phone from the charger, fully charged at about 8:20am this morning. it's about 1:50pm here and quick batter shows that i have 32% battery life left. what gives?

are you all counting the battery performance while using airplane mode during the day? that would be the only what i could see it working as i remember my tp2 getting great battery life in that mode, but i got no calls, text or email during that time either.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:12 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaliS View Post
ok, im just not seeing how you all are getting these "epic" battery life times???? i removed my phone from the charger, fully charged at about 8:20am this morning. it's about 1:50pm here and quick batter shows that i have 32% battery life left. what gives?

are you all counting the battery performance while using airplane mode during the day? that would be the only what i could see it working as i remember my tp2 getting great battery life in that mode, but i got no calls, text or email during that time either.
Have you done any battery tweaks for your phone yet? and are you on DI18?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 10-06-2010, 03:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

i got an OTA update notification 3x since i got my epic. the first was the night i bought it, but i couldn't do the update as the battery needed more juice. 2x, it started but then said i didnt need updating. 3x, started and after a bit said there was an error (maybe bcuz i was on wifi, i dont know)...but after a few hours i checked and it says DI18. so i would say yes, but that is iffy to me.

i'm not sure what you mean exactly by battery tweaks. i have installed juice defender/ultimate juice and used recommended settings. have let batter drain at least 2, maybe 3x now. just started using start-up cleaner very early this morning. was using the free ATK, but stopped the auto-kill after doing some research.

i also use quick battery/quick settings to help monitor. brightness down to about 16%. no haptic, no vibration on select or notify.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

muyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaliS View Post

There are SOOO many variables, that its impossible to compare. Is your brightness set for high, low, auto? Do you have Power savings mode on? Do you have Haptic feedback enabled, keyboard clicks? Do you have facebook checking for updates every 2 mins. Do you use wifi when you can? Then we can get into differences in usage among everyone. Are you taking bunch of calls, texting or browsing the web? Listening to music?
Old 10-07-2010, 12:58 AM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Threadstarter

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
good read on task killers, mines gone.

Android Task Killers are Dead
Agreed...that was an interesting read. Based on that, and on the fact that I think ATK was draining my battery more, I went ahead and uninstalled ATK.

I also agree that with this new update comes an increase in battery life/performance.

Now if I can only stop messing with my Epic long enough to really tell how the battery is doing I'd be very happy.

late,
Coz
Old 10-07-2010, 01:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by muyoso View Post
Is your brightness set for high, low, auto?
its set to low, i have a toggle to brighten if i want, but normally set to low (16%)

Quote:
Do you have Power savings mode on?
i do have the set mode on.

Quote:
Do you have Haptic feedback enabled, keyboard clicks?
disabled for both.

Quote:
Do you have facebook checking for updates every 2 mins.
i checked it after reading your comment and it was set to every 15 mins, lol. i've now changed it 12 hours.

Quote:
Do you use wifi when you can?
used when im home after work. during work hours there is no need really as im in the field or office with no wifi

Quote:
Are you taking bunch of calls, texting or browsing the web?
calls no, text yes, browsing minimal to moderate.

Quote:
Listening to music?
i do from time to time...but not too often
Old 10-08-2010, 09:49 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

may wanna follow this thread guys, its on my phone now but need a day to test it.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=793205

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G