PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2010, 02:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Wunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wunder
Re: Battery Drain, and the culprit App IS.....

day 3: 14 hours and not even a battery warning yet. Just installed Pandora and listened on the 30 minute commute home. Screen stayed lit on the lock screen as I pulled in to the house (after quitting Pandora) so I'll have to test more and see if that's a constant or a fluke. Tell you one thing, I'm about to put GPS on the guilty list. Heed my word folks! Turn off that GPS radio if you're not using it!

Did I help? The is down to the right

Old 09-29-2010, 03:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!

jdizzle is becoming a great contributor

Hey Wunder, I'm sorry this is a bit off topic but can you let me know how direct tv Sunday ticket works? Does it actually stream games to your phone or do u only get footage of highlights and such?
Thanks...
Old 09-30-2010, 03:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Wunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdizzle View Post
Hey Wunder, I'm sorry this is a bit off topic but can you let me know how direct tv Sunday ticket works? Does it actually stream games to your phone or do u only get footage of highlights and such?
Thanks...

Sunday ticket is pretty great. If you have the nfl package with DirecTV then you log in to your DirecTV account through the app and you can view scores, stats, watch highlights, and yes, stream live games as if you were watching them on cable as well as RED ZONE CHANNEL! Right now the video quality is piss poor, I haven't tried watching over WiFi or 4g just 3g and any fast motion just blurs out. But still cool in a pinch! And free!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-30-2010, 01:12 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wunder View Post
Sunday ticket is pretty great. If you have the nfl package with DirecTV then you log in to your DirecTV account through the app and you can view scores, stats, watch highlights, and yes, stream live games as if you were watching them on cable as well as RED ZONE CHANNEL! Right now the video quality is piss poor, I haven't tried watching over WiFi or 4g just 3g and any fast motion just blurs out. But still cool in a pinch! And free!
sounds like it's great to at least hear the game.

Old 09-30-2010, 11:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
sounds like it's great to at least hear the game.

For sure I just leave it on in the car beats ESPN radio 710AM any day!

*EDIT* Oh by the way I'm 11 and 1/2 hours into my day with 65% battery left. I think it's safe to say GPS is our Battery Culprit. I could turn GPS on all day tomorrow to test, but I'm enjoying this battery life too much!!

Last edited by Wunder; 10-01-2010 at 12:02 AM.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:19 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Threadstarter

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Re: Official Samsung Battery Performance Talk

Just an FYI boys and girls...I merged a bunch of battery related threads into this bad boy.

late,
Coz
Old 10-04-2010, 03:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

fireballmonkey is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to fireballmonkey

Hey all. Thanks for all the tips! I thought maybe I should share my experience too.

The first couple days I had my Epic, I was getting about 6 or 7 hours on a charge. Obviously not good enough. After looking through numerous forums, here is what I did:
  1. Installed Juice Defender - the free version, and left it with all its default settings.
  2. Installed Advanced Task Killer, and set it to auto-kill ("safe" setting) every time the screen turns off. I made sure to add Juice Defender and a few other apps to the ignore list.
  3. Installed Startup Cleaner Pro. Set it to prevent the following system apps from starting (I'm guessing this made the most difference):
    • Amazon MP3
    • DRM Protected Content Storage
    • DRMContentLauncher
    • Media Hub
    • All the Sprint apps
    • Voicemail (I use Google Voice, so I don't need it)
  4. Did the airplane mode toggle (I don't know that this really did anything though).
  5. While I'm at home, I leave WiFi on all the time.
After all the changes, I'm now sitting at 21 hours and 30 minutes with 33% charge left. I would have been fine with just 15 hours on a charge; I almost wet myself after seeing this much of a difference!

Of course, I'm not really sure which thing did the trick. I was impatient and took the brute force method and just did everything at once. Another thing you may want to know is my TWS is only at 2%, which might also be making a difference.

This is all with moderate usage too. Yesterday (on my current charge), I did quite a bit of ****ing around with various apps, at least a couple hours of browsing the web, and about an hour of video playback. I also looked at emails and SMS about 50 times. I don't think I had any phone calls though. I did a lot more stuff the day before, however, including a couple phone calls and playing with 4G for a while, and that charge still lasted around 24 hours.

I also rooted yesterday, and nuked a few of the Sprint apps, Amazon mp3, and Media Hub. I don't know if that made any difference or not.

Hopefully this will help someone!
Previous
Smartphones: Treo 700p (Verizon), Centro (Sprint), Touch Pro (Sprint)

Last edited by fireballmonkey; 10-04-2010 at 03:39 PM.
Old 10-04-2010, 03:38 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

if this is posted i will delete it but heres a list of apk's/system app you can remove safely to add to battery life, very detailed on what they do ect.

[Files & Guide] All *.apks & Framework / Apps safe to remove - xda-developers
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:04 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Threadstarter

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

I went 17 hours yesterday off-charger and ended at just about 70%....the biggest changes I've made are using Juice Defender and Start Up Cleaner.

late,
Coz
Old 10-04-2010, 04:25 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
I went 17 hours yesterday off-charger and ended at just about 70%....the biggest changes I've made are using Juice Defender and Start Up Cleaner.

late,
Coz
i had the opposite with juice but it could be a kernal/rom difference. im very happy with life im getting though.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G