PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2010, 04:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S / Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

KaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to KaliS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wunder View Post
then I found a little gem in the Android OS: Swiping my thumb across the status bar allows you to adjust screen brightness. I mean that is such a great idea and works perfectly, kudos Android.
nice find, I've tried it out and it works. now I know why sometimes my screen goes bright too, lol. I find that it works well for brightening the screen, but is a little tedious lowering the brightness.

Sent from my Epic 4g using Tapatalk Pro.
Old 11-13-2010, 02:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogal then Touch Pro now Touch Pro 2

newt is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Official Samsung Battery Performance Talk

When you do the calibration reset in clockwork and choose yes do you get a response back? When I do it on mine it just goes straight back to the main menu so I don't know if it has done anything. I only get about 4 hours out of a complete charge.
Old 11-13-2010, 07:32 AM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

No, there is no response from Clockwork when wiping your battery stats. It just goes back to the main menu. And if you are only getting 4 hours out of your Epic then there is something else going on besides calibrating your battery. I know we have battery life issues, but 4 hours? You need to take a look at what is running in the background that is eating up your battery.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

WanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuff

I’ve had my Epic for about a week now and, until yesterday, was getting lousy battery life. I’d wake up in the morning to 10% to 30% after charging it to 100% the night before. During the day, less than 5 hours use brought the charge level down to 20% or less for just moderate use. Hardly any calls. Limited music and/or videos. Mostly data use, surfing, email, cruising the market, etc. BTW, I’m on stock DI18 and have not yet rooted.
Part of the problem is reception. My TP used to be the same, or worse. It lived from one charger to another all the time. I live in a fringe area and work at home so the phone is always seeking connectivity and I know this is a major drain. Three days after my phone upgrade, I called Sprint. Told them I didn’t mind paying an extra $10/mo for 4G which I don’t get here, but I did mind paying for data use with such a consistently poor signal. They agreed to send me a free Air Rave. Hasn’t come yet, but when it arrives I’ll see how it affects the battery use.
Anyway…
Yesterday I read all the pages in this thread, dropping lots of thankses along the way. Wow, you guys are amazing! I got Juice Defender with UltimateJuice. I also tried an app called Memory Booster Lite, which seems to kill background-running stuff I don’t use.
I set both apps to my preferences and recommended settings from this thread and went to bed with a full charge, without trying any of the other suggested tweaks. When I woke up, the battery was still fully charged! 100% for the first time ever! It has run all day and still reads 80+ percent full. Hard to believe.
Maybe JD/UJ only work on a stock rom. They certainly have worked for me. Excuse the book. I thought it might help some stock-rom people.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-13-2010, 01:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4g

mid_aged_man is a n00b

My situation went from intolerable to great by:
1. Rooting phone and running SetCPU
2. Downloading/installing Titanium Backup. (It lets you "freeze" DRM and Media Hub. This disables them...takes them out of the picture totally).

Now, I can go all day, not bothering with Task Killer (everytime I checked the Media Hub was re-started!!)

Also, bought an aftermarket, 3500 ma battery from Ebay. Ugly but powerful!

Now, I can finally stop the continual "battery management process" and enjoy the device.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint Sero Premium 500 Premier Gold!

kirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Wow,
After finally reading all the details about the 'toggle aiplane mode, TWS problem I finally looked into it. Found my TWS was sitting at about %65 percent even with rooted viperrom. anyway, I started toggling to airplane mode every time I reboot or unplug the phone and my run time went from 12 hours to over 24 and my Time without signal dropped to about %5. There really is something to this.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sony Vaio

TGMartini is a n00b

HELP !! When I downloaded the Juice Defender onto my Samsung Epic 4g, my visual voice-mail went away. Has anyone else had this problem ? Is there a way to fix it,
and still use the Juice Defender app ? Or, does the paid version of Ultimate JD offer a
way to do both ?
Old 03-18-2011, 10:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint tp2
Carrier: sprint

only1penny is a n00b

i've only had my epic for a week, (yes i've been feverishly reading to stay up with the info). my battery life has been great right out of the box. i read an article that said people shouldn't use task killers and how android works, pretty interesting. anyways, so i downloaded juice defender, i don't use task killers, and i was getting such great battery life that i wanted to see how long it would last. with regular use, for me anyways, i got almost to the 40 hour mark before it turned off, i'm satisfied. and juice defender didn't do anything to my visual voice mail.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:38 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

RandomKing is keeping up the good workRandomKing is keeping up the good work

The best tips I could assemble into one descriptive list.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G