PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Since using midNIGHT ROM, have you become more Autism Aware?
Yes. Keep up the good work. 66 94.29%
No. You need to focus a bit more on that. 4 5.71%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2011, 02:42 PM
ptfdmedic

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] midNIGHT ROM v5.3 EXT4 Journaling ON/OFF (Awareness Edition) 05/10/2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane6374 View Post
Gonna flash it tonight.

Can I thank your wife for letting you use her phone to test on?
Yes you can
Old 05-12-2011, 04:30 PM
O-Matic
Pocket PC: Vogue, TP2, Epic 4G, Nexus S, Galaxy SIII, Nexus 4
Carrier: Big Pink

shane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to shane6374
Re: [ROM] midNIGHT ROM v5.3 EXT4 Journaling ON/OFF (Awareness Edition) 05/10/2011

I installed 5.3 but the email.apk kept FCing on me, so I went back to 5.2 until I have more time to play with it.

I have another theme almost ready, so I want to get that finished first.

Remember to clickon those who help! It's right down there.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

sbrown2680 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Anybody else having battery issues. I did a complete wipe yesterday before installing and my battery is just crap. Tried installing again today at lunch and I'm having the same issue. Didn't seem to drain nearly this bad with 5.2
Old 05-31-2011, 07:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

Wunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Skype™ to Wunder
Re: [ROM] midNIGHT ROM v5.3 EXT4 (Awareness Edition) & BYOR Edition 05/15/2011

sooo, Netflix released a version for android that doesn't block it from working on unsupported phones. Anybody get it working on 5.3?

Did I help? The is down to the right

Old 06-01-2011, 02:32 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wunder View Post
sooo, Netflix released a version for android that doesn't block it from working on unsupported phones. Anybody get it working on 5.3?
i had it working on EE ginerbread if thats a option for you.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

fun_gary is a n00b

does anyone else experience crackling sound when touching the screen? not that the touch causes a crackling sound, but that when a sound is playing, touching the screen causes it to crackle?

easy way to reproduce on my handset is going in to choose a ring tone and playing it.. while it is playing, scroll through the other ring tones...

crackle crackle...

i loaded the new bonsai rom and the issue was gone.

I prefer this ROM however and was hoping someone may be able to provide some insight.

thanks in advance,
DS
Old 07-27-2011, 11:44 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fun_gary View Post
does anyone else experience crackling sound when touching the screen? not that the touch causes a crackling sound, but that when a sound is playing, touching the screen causes it to crackle?

easy way to reproduce on my handset is going in to choose a ring tone and playing it.. while it is playing, scroll through the other ring tones...

crackle crackle...

i loaded the new bonsai rom and the issue was gone.

I prefer this ROM however and was hoping someone may be able to provide some insight.

thanks in advance,
DS
never read about it here or xda or when i used robs roms, is it all ringtones and only ringtones? im a ringtone junkie and i try all at one time or another so im positive i would have noticed and im sure i would have noticed other actions if "crackling" sound was there. also odd cause im 99% sure robs base for his roms is bonsai so you may have speaker going bad and its intermittent at this point.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

fun_gary is a n00b

same thing for any sound.. if i touch the screen when sound is playing, i get the distortion. 5.3 and 5.5 have done the same thing. Bonsai rome seem fine. I odin back to stock eb13 and then take the ECo5 over the air update bofore re-rooting and updating the rom. all caches cleared each time.

weird.......

DS
Old 08-04-2011, 08:18 PM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by fun_gary View Post
same thing for any sound.. if i touch the screen when sound is playing, i get the distortion. 5.3 and 5.5 have done the same thing. Bonsai rome seem fine. I odin back to stock eb13 and then take the ECo5 over the air update bofore re-rooting and updating the rom. all caches cleared each time.

weird.......

DS
hey i actually herd that "crackle" today on boot, only did it once and still not again after multiple resets but i did hear it.
Old 08-20-2011, 12:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

Grateful Dave is just getting started

Hi

Since moving from ver 5.2 to 5.3 I am not able to get voice mail notification on my phone (can call in for voice mail to see if there are messages) and camera locks phone up. Any suggestions? Thanks!

David
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development