PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2009, 09:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

hop2000 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Omnia Hacks / Tips / Tricks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrynalyne View Post
Did you put the file in the correct profile?
There were two profiles so I put it in both. It weird, but when I put the file into the first profile, the icon shows the Omnia in the folder. When I put it in the other one, it reverts back to the standard picture. So I tried just deleting the standard picture, but then nothing shows up when I open WMDC. I put the picture back and it stills shows as Omnia when not connected, then standard pic when connected.
Old 01-18-2009, 02:00 PM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

Might want to delete all partnerships, remove the profile folders and create a new one.
Old 01-18-2009, 02:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Might want to delete all partnerships, remove the profile folders and create a new one.
Already tried that. Same thing happens. Old icon when plugged in, omnia picture when unplugged. I can not figure this out for the like of me.
Old 01-18-2009, 03:50 PM
The Pusher

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

Ok, try this then. Drop the sync.ico into the profile folder, then before syncing again, place it in the \Windows directory of your Omnia. Then try syncing again. Thats what I did originally, but figured it wasn't needed. Perhaps it is.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Now I don't use Vista for syncing, so I may not know what I am talking about here (believe me....I'm used to THAT) but what if you deleted all relationships on the PC + PPC, did the tweak Adrynalyne posted, and sync/renew relationships, thereby starting EVERYTHING anew.

Or maybe an uninstall / re-install the syncing app onto the PC + doing the tweak before the initial sync.

Think that may work?

Old 01-18-2009, 09:37 PM
The Pusher

I just stumbled upon the coolest thing ever.

I can edit my registry with CeRegeditor via Bluetooth!

Very cool.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
I just stumbled upon the coolest thing ever.

I can edit my registry with CeRegeditor via Bluetooth!

Very cool.
Wow. That is a pretty cool find. I tell you, I am very happy with the CERegEditor and all of the functions it has.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:49 PM
The Pusher

I am too. Surprising it is free.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: pre plus

cveklund is a n00b

You don't have to delete your partnership. You have to put the icon in your windows folder on the phone and then plug it in to the computer, let it sync and then delete the driver out of device manager. Unplug, and replug. That's how it worked on my xv6800. Haven't tried it on the omnia yet. Hope that helps.

Chris
Old 01-18-2009, 10:51 PM
The Pusher

Now I am 100% completely satisfied with it. I was able to fix my unhandled exception errors with it by running it as admin in Vista.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia