PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2009, 08:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia

rajan is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Omnia problems and solutions thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by southsidehitmen View Post
HI. New to the forum here. I purchased my Omnia yesterday and the motion sensor, I believe, is not working. The phone stays in portrait mode when I would like to go to landscape. Any ideas on what causes this or how to fix it? Thanks in advance.
hi,
go to power settings -> battery power and check " Turn on backlight when a button is pressed or..............."
hope this will work.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:31 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by southsidehitmen View Post
HI. New to the forum here. I purchased my Omnia yesterday and the motion sensor, I believe, is not working. The phone stays in portrait mode when I would like to go to landscape. Any ideas on what causes this or how to fix it? Thanks in advance.
You may also want to go into settings > system > motion sensor and make sure it is set to what you want. You can set it to on oe off, change the sensitivity, or animation as well!!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:40 AM
N00b

gatorbyte is a n00b

syrguy, I'll ask you since I think you use spbms and you've already been very helpful.
I have two issues with spbms. The first is minor. Often when I exit or back out of a winmo or samsung part of the phone and go back into spbms I get the samsung keyboard popping up momentarily and try as I might I cannot figure out what's causing this.
Secondly, how do I configue the My Menu, Games, and Navigation in spbms as all these are empty for me and I would like to put things in there. I know I'm just missing something and I'm sure I'll feel stupid once someone tells me.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: omnia

Kizonerockstwo is a n00b

Hi there,
this is my first post on this forum site, sorry if i sound like an idiot..
i just have a few questions about the samsung omnia i900
im using ifonz, and have s2u2 s2b and a few other things installed
i was just wondering if there is any different keypads for writing sms that are free to download?
my other question is, is there a vlc media player available for download?

also the phone tells me that it can play divx video but will not play it unless i convert it into a smaller frame.
if anyone could help it would be appreciated. thankyou
Old 01-21-2009, 11:08 AM
VIP Member

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Gatorbyte:

Don't worry about asking any questions!! As for the keyboard issue....I have that occasionally as well, and I find when I do, if I do a reset it usually disappears (it seems to be brought on by an occasional reset as well). Not sure if any of the keyboard tweaks would work on this, but it never really bothered me enough to look into it further since the reset trick seems to work for me.

As for the menus...If you use the Today screen, press + hold on the SPBShell tabs and a mini-menu pops up press Options. On the next screen, along the bottom are tabs...click on the Advanced tab...on that screen click the Menu button. From the actual shell screen (full OS Shell, not the Today screen) go to the Programs page, hit settings and there should be a 'Customize Menu' icon on that page...that leads you to the same page the other method does.

On the customize menu page, highlight the menu you want to add to, click Menu on the bottom hit Add, and then link....that will bring a list of installed apps to the screen...highlight the one you want to add to the menu you highlighted on the previous screen and click Done and your good to go!!!

If I didn't confuse you too much you should be able to populate all the menus the way you want. If I did confuse you let me know and I will see if I can describe it any better for you!!
Old 01-21-2009, 11:14 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizonerockstwo View Post
Hi there,
this is my first post on this forum site, sorry if i sound like an idiot..
i just have a few questions about the samsung omnia i900
im using ifonz, and have s2u2 s2b and a few other things installed
i was just wondering if there is any different keypads for writing sms that are free to download?
my other question is, is there a vlc media player available for download?

also the phone tells me that it can play divx video but will not play it unless i convert it into a smaller frame.
if anyone could help it would be appreciated. thankyou
Welcome to the community!!! Always nice to see new members to this growing family!!!

I haven't used divx, but I am sure you will get an answer in here. As for a free keyboard app, PocketCM Keyboard is the only one I can think of off-hand, but I am sure there are others: http://pocketcm.com/index.php

As for a video player (I assume that is what you meant with 'vic'? Please let me know if I'm wrong) there are a few. Here is a site with around 4-5 of them. I have heard good things about TCPMP: http://www.downloadatoz.com/media-player-for-pocket-pc/
Old 01-22-2009, 12:49 AM
Lurker

splitsteve is a n00b

Hi All,

1st time poster be nice.

Today I got a little problem pop up on my omnia. Everytime I send a message a get a "Message Sent" pop up and a really annoying sound, I cannot turn it off I have uninstalled VITO SMS Chat and VITO Fun Contact as they are the last things I installed before the problem started.

Also I have been getting an error report about a problem occuring with tmail.exe...

Can anyone help??? I'm at wits end
Old 01-22-2009, 09:19 AM
N00b

gatorbyte is a n00b

Thanks syrguy!
Old 01-22-2009, 10:09 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitsteve View Post
Hi All,

1st time poster be nice.

Today I got a little problem pop up on my omnia. Everytime I send a message a get a "Message Sent" pop up and a really annoying sound, I cannot turn it off I have uninstalled VITO SMS Chat and VITO Fun Contact as they are the last things I installed before the problem started.

Also I have been getting an error report about a problem occuring with tmail.exe...

Can anyone help??? I'm at wits end
Oh come on....were ALWAYS nice in here...thats why PPCGeeks is sooooo popular LOL!!!!

Welcome to the community though, I hope you enjoy it !!!

Is reply to your request, I think this should do it for you:

How to disable/enable the "Message Sent" notification after SMS sent
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings\SMSNoSentMs g = 1
To enable:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings\SMSNoSentMs g = 0
(default = 1)

P.S. Gatorbyte....no sweat!!
Old 01-22-2009, 06:10 PM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

VITO SMS-Chat is what turned on that notification, btw. It deletes the reg key, which is already set by default.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia