PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Pocket PC Themes (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Custom Taskbar (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=54514)

tsowen 05-06-2009 02:45 PM

Re: Custom Taskbar

Quote:

Originally Posted by hinds73 (Post 898797)
Hey thanks a lot! It looks great! Tsowen....you guys are doing a fantastic job in making our phones look great! I have nothing but nice things to say about the entire ppcgeeks community!

Thanks again,
hinds73

Thank you so much, so many people have helped and I cannot take all the credit but thanks for the kind words. Also I am working on many projects but will get them out soon, I am working on finishing taskbar 3 and converting it to WM 6.5, new updates out soon for taskbar 6 with some custom speaker icons and others that I have made, taskbar2 is almost complete with the last update I released and I am also working on a new taskbar with all custom icons that I am making this will be both 6.1 and 6.5 compatible. So many projects but I will do my best to get them all done and out to you guys.

Vlip3 05-06-2009 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gadgetfreak (Post 899162)
First off, please don't quote large images like that. It eats in to our bandwidth and adds an extra load tot eh server. Second, we abandoned that battery in the final releases of TB6. That's why you can't find it.

Sorry about that but I didn't know how else to identify which battery icons I was talking about. Any reason why they were abandoned? They look really fantastic. Anyway, that post did not have any dlls or cabs, just icons so I thought he would have them in there so we could play with them.

tsowen 05-06-2009 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vlip3 (Post 899564)
Sorry about that but I didn't know how else to identify which battery icons I was talking about. Any reason why they were abandoned? They look really fantastic. Anyway, that post did not have any dlls or cabs, just icons so I thought he would have them in there so we could play with them.

I have the images, the reason they were abandoned was the image of the actual battery is too small, with these icons you are dealing with 32x32 as the size and when you add reflection, shadow or font it makes the image that much smaller which throws off the rest of the images so you get a nice big looking WiFi or whatever else and a small little battery image with a reflection. If you are going to use reflections then it is best to do it all the way around like crazylilboy is doing at XDA, the shots he is posting is photoshoped a little by this I mean he is using a black taskbar as a background and pasting the images onto it and posting it, how it will look on the actual phone will differ a bit. Hope this makes sense to you.

farnlc 05-06-2009 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farnlc (Post 887608)
Something simple..as stock looking as possible would be great! Wow! Thanks!

Any luck with this? I see that you're busy. I would be happy to donate for this service!

kjhadfield 05-06-2009 06:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Gadget,

here's the task service.dll per pm.

kjhadfield 05-06-2009 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chocmatic (Post 898478)
My phone does have the dll files. I was just looking for the png or ico files for all the different taskbars. i will credit the creators etc.

like i was saying its possible to pull the ico from the dlls, BUT you have to ask permission 1ST. or you could ask the makers for the pngs/ico but that doesnt mean you'll get it (a lot of time goes into these projects, so some might not want to just hand everything over). the fact is that a lot of the icons can be found w/ a simple search on google (maybe not that simple but you get the point). go to 1st post on this thread and there is even a link to a site for pngs/ico. google search "pngs" "ico" whatever you can think of and you'll find plenty.

Wizzard 05-06-2009 08:25 PM

GadgetFreak,

Did you ever get a chance to make QVGA Taskbars for us poor people with the old phones that just won't die. I especially like the ones with the Misfortune battery and the Windows symbol for the start menu.

Thank you very much!

kjhadfield 05-06-2009 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wizzard (Post 899965)
GadgetFreak,

Did you ever get a chance to make QVGA Taskbars for us poor people with the old phones that just won't die. I especially like the ones with the Misfortune battery and the Windows symbol for the start menu.

Thank you very much!

look in gadgets sig. for the link to his post, 4 all of his qvga tb.

but i dont beieve misfortune's battery is on a qvga tb, maybe gadgets conversion of tb6 elite, the most recent 1!?

p.s. gf had to put his vogue down an got a diam. so i'm sure he wont forget bout the qvga but his focus more on vga. an rightfully so, his devise, his time!

kjhadfield 05-07-2009 01:56 AM

i'm sure sum of you have noticed in the 6.5 thread this is brians tb (6.5vga) from xda
http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/4992/screen032.png

so w/ his permission i'll be converting it to 6.1 qvga dlls.=D> let me know if you want or like cuz last time i posted a qvga version of brians 1st tb and i think only bout 5 people hit the thanks button (which hurts cuz there was over 100 downloads) my moms taught me to share, but if no1 can give thanks and all you want is take, take. i dont know what 2 tell you:protest:

so peoples better start talking:evil4:

edit: **** nevermind that, i just checked out the thanks vs downloads = 7 thanks out of 220+ downloads, ( thats just disrespectful) MOM DUKES KNOWS BETTER THAN THAT!

tsowen 05-07-2009 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjhadfield (Post 900552)
i'm sure sum of you have noticed in the 6.5 thread this is brians tb (6.5vga) from xda

so w/ his permission i'll be converting it to 6.1 qvga dlls.=D> let me know if you want or like cuz last time i posted a qvga version of brians 1st tb and i think only bout 5 people hit the thanks button (which hurts cuz there was over 100 downloads) my moms taught me to share, but if no1 can give thanks and all you want is take, take. i dont know what 2 tell you:protest:

so peoples better start talking:evil4:

edit: **** nevermind that, i just checked out the thanks vs downloads = 7 thanks out of 220+ downloads, ( thats just disrespectful) MOM DUKES KNOWS BETTER THAN THAT!

Thanks for your hard work bro, the thanks will never add up though take my taskbar 6v2 just that one by itself has been downloaded 1143 times and it has been thanked 146 or taskbar 6v3 has been downloaded 1477 and thanked 63 times. Even the new WM 6.5 taskbar I put out has been downloaded 547 times and thanked 16 times so I do feel your pain and yes its sad to see someone put so much into something and have so many people use it and not receive a little appreciation back. People tend to be in a hurry and just grab and forget to hit the thanks on the way out the door its the nature of the beast around here especially now that you can't see who has thanked a post and who hasn't.