PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Pocket PC Themes (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Custom Taskbar (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=54514)

tsowen 05-06-2009 12:21 AM

Re: Custom Taskbar

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjhadfield (Post 898316)
so this might be off topic a bit but the quick menu in the taskbar (far right), is there a exe oe lnk for that specific button or is it hardcoded into the taskmanager? i was trying to see if i could use vjbrisk to open taskfascade instead of the quick menu by redirecting it.

First off to a fellow Hawaiian, mahalo for all your help brother in this thread. Secondly that quickmenu icon has kicked everyone's butt and I think we have given up on it for the time being. I have searched many dll's and still never found it as have many other people. Juggalo_X clamed to know where it was but he hasn't came back into this thread to tell us or show us. My hypothesis is that it is hardcoded into the taskmanager. There are a few bmp's that we have tried as well optionsbutton.bmp, quickmenudown.bmp, quickmenuicon.bmp and quickmenuup.bmp. Here is all the bmp's associated with the Task Manager:
Code:

closeallbutton.bmp
close_all.png
close_all_16.png
close_all_32.png
close_all_64.png
close_all_disable.png
close_all_disable_16.png
close_all_disable_32.png
close_all_disable_64.png
down_disable_16.bmp
down_disable_32.bmp
down_disable_64.bmp
down_enable_16.bmp
down_enable_32.bmp
down_enable_64.bmp
exitbutton.bmp
Exit_Button_Down.png
Exit_Button_Down_16.png
Exit_Button_Down_32.png
Exit_Button_Down_64.png
Exit_Button_Up.png
Exit_Button_Up_16.png
Exit_Button_Up_32.png
Exit_Button_Up_64.png
memory.png
memorybutton.bmp
memory_16.png
memory_32.png
memory_64.png
optionsbutton.bmp
quickmenudown.bmp
quickmenuicon.bmp
quickmenuup.bmp
redexitbutton.bmp
settings.png
settings_16.png
settings_32.png
settings_64.png
TaskManager.cpl
TaskManager.cpl.0816.mui
TaskManager.htm
TaskManager.lnk
TaskManagerApp.exe
TaskManagerApp.exe.0816.mui
TaskManagerLite.exe
TaskManagerLite.exe.0816.mui
taskmgrCustRes.dll
taskservice.dll
TmAppLauncher.exe
uncheckable.bmp
up_disable_16.bmp
up_disable_32.bmp
up_disable_64.bmp
up_enable_16.bmp
up_enable_32.bmp
up_enable_64.bmp
X-Button.htm
X-Button.lnk

chocmatic 05-06-2009 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjhadfield (Post 898227)
not to sure, best bet is to download a qvga taskbar (download 1 that is not cab but only the dlls) like mine:mrgreen: then extract the dlls from your treo and compare the 2. find out if you have the same dlls. and if it looks the same then go ahead and try 1. (but you might want to do a complete backup before cuz if sumthing doesnt go right, you can hard reset, restore backup and you wont have 2 start over)

thats just what i would do, gud luck and share your findings.

where can i find all the current qvga icons? I will attempt to edit the .dll files

kjhadfield 05-06-2009 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chocmatic (Post 898411)
where can i find all the current qvga icons? I will attempt to edit the .dll files

you will search this thread for "qvga", i make a few, a great bunch of styles by gadgetfreak, nelly04 has sum and that may be a few, cant remember if might be more.
so ur palm doest have those dlls?
there is that new policy, check the bottom of 1st post "copyright policy", so make sure u ask permission if you edit their dlls and always give credit if you use others work. the stuff i came out w/ i credited the original creators.

so w/ that being said, the 1st post has instructions and look for gadgets post which has a write up for us qvga devises. and have fun!

chocmatic 05-06-2009 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjhadfield (Post 898474)
you will search this thread for "qvga", i make a few, a great bunch of styles by gadgetfreak, nelly04 has sum and that may be a few, cant remember if might be more.
so ur palm doest have those dlls?
there is that new policy, check the bottom of 1st post "copyright policy", so make sure u ask permission if you edit their dlls and always give credit if you use others work. the stuff i came out w/ i credited the original creators.

so w/ that being said, the 1st post has instructions and look for gadgets post which has a write up for us qvga devises. and have fun!

My phone does have the dll files. I was just looking for the png or ico files for all the different taskbars. i will credit the creators etc.

kjhadfield 05-06-2009 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsowen (Post 898336)
First off to a fellow Hawaiian, mahalo for all your help brother in this thread. Secondly that quickmenu icon has kicked everyone's butt and I think we have given up on it for the time being. I have searched many dll's and still never found it as have many other people. Juggalo_X clamed to know where it was but he hasn't came back into this thread to tell us or show us. My hypothesis is that it is hardcoded into the taskmanager.

thank you, i have come a ways since i started, but i had gud masters 2 follows thanks you, tsowen, gf, nelly, every1 that helpe me

but i'm sorry i cant claim 'hawaiian' as my background, but the way of life and peaceful mentality, i have taken that all in an made it my way of life! such a beautiful place, glad i can call it home.

but as far as the quick menu, i was thinking more of switching the application that launchs, instead of quick menu, taskfascade. by using vjbrisk but i didnt know if the quick menu had exe. but thinking skinning it would be cool.

Vlip3 05-06-2009 09:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
For those of you running the round black Ev/1x icons and are now getting a greyed-out "E", I've replaced the E with an rA icon to match the Ev/1x icons. I've attached the tapres.dll file. Just follow the instructions on the first post of this thread for replacing dlls.

hinds73 05-06-2009 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjhadfield (Post 898210)
alright went ahead and did it anyway, 1x, Ev and rA all changed/ all matching. thank tsowen for the icons. let me know how it turns out.

Hey thanks a lot! It looks great! Tsowen....you guys are doing a fantastic job in making our phones look great! I have nothing but nice things to say about the entire ppcgeeks community!

Thanks again,
hinds73

Vlip3 05-06-2009 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsowen (Post 796060)
Here are all the icons I used with some extra variations that I didn't use as seen here: (visit my thread to see how to change out the icons yourself, very easy to do) There are a lot more icons in this file, icons from previous traskbars plus a lot of different start icons as well.

Enjoy
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/2...tation1au4.png

I looked in the zip file. The battery icons are not there! Where can I get those battery icons?

TIA,
Vlip3

gadgetfreak 05-06-2009 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vlip3 (Post 898801)
I looked in the zip file. The battery icons are not there! Where can I get those battery icons?

TIA,
Vlip3

First off, please don't quote large images like that. It eats in to our bandwidth and adds an extra load tot eh server. Second, we abandoned that battery in the final releases of TB6. That's why you can't find it.

gadgetfreak 05-06-2009 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjhadfield (Post 898523)
thank you, i have come a ways since i started, but i had gud masters 2 follows thanks you, tsowen, gf, nelly, every1 that helpe me

but i'm sorry i cant claim 'hawaiian' as my background, but the way of life and peaceful mentality, i have taken that all in an made it my way of life! such a beautiful place, glad i can call it home.

but as far as the quick menu, i was thinking more of switching the application that launchs, instead of quick menu, taskfascade. by using vjbrisk but i didnt know if the quick menu had exe. but thinking skinning it would be cool.

Thanks for the kind words!