PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Pocket PC Themes (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Custom Taskbar (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=54514)

chocmatic 05-07-2009 08:45 AM

Re: Custom Taskbar

I'm currently using a Sprint Treo Pro and after backing up my phone and installing the following the No2Chem Battery DriverArthemus file. My phone never gets past the first splash screen after rebooting.

mioqiu 05-07-2009 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjhadfield (Post 900552)
i'm sure sum of you have noticed in the 6.5 thread this is brians tb (6.5vga) from xda
http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/4992/screen032.png

so w/ his permission i'll be converting it to 6.1 qvga dlls.=D> let me know if you want or like cuz last time i posted a qvga version of brians 1st tb and i think only bout 5 people hit the thanks button (which hurts cuz there was over 100 downloads) my moms taught me to share, but if no1 can give thanks and all you want is take, take. i dont know what 2 tell you:protest:

so peoples better start talking:evil4:

edit: **** nevermind that, i just checked out the thanks vs downloads = 7 thanks out of 220+ downloads, ( thats just disrespectful) MOM DUKES KNOWS BETTER THAN THAT!

can u provide the link plz

kjhadfield 05-07-2009 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsowen (Post 900751)
Thanks for your hard work bro, the thanks will never add up though take my taskbar 6v2 just that one by itself has been downloaded 1143 times and it has been thanked 146 or taskbar 6v3 has been downloaded 1477 and thanked 63 times. Even the new WM 6.5 taskbar I put out has been downloaded 547 times and thanked 16 times so I do feel your pain and yes its sad to see someone put so much into something and have so many people use it and not receive a little appreciation back. People tend to be in a hurry and just grab and forget to hit the thanks on the way out the door its the nature of the beast around here especially now that you can't see who has thanked a post and who hasn't.

you know your right, your downloads per thanks doesnt add up. so my hats off 2 you, still doing the damn thing no matter the pay off.

i was feeling discouraged on uploading but all in all this is a community that thrives on sharing whether it knowledge or work.

kjhadfield 05-07-2009 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mioqiu (Post 900854)
can u provide the link plz

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=511671

gadgetfreak 05-07-2009 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjhadfield (Post 901544)
you know your right, your downloads per thanks doesnt add up. so my hats off 2 you, still doing the damn thing no matter the pay off.

i was feeling discouraged on uploading but all in all this is a community that thrives on sharing whether it knowledge or work.

It is very, very frustrating some times, but you just have to look past it.

puff 05-08-2009 02:22 AM

the reputation system or currently known as "thanks" will never be perfect. Now please do not misinterpret my post as disrespectful as I have the utmost respect for all taskbar dev. However, if you are doing this just for the "thanks" then you are missing the point!!! This community is NOT about "getting thanks" and you should never contribute to this community under the assumption that you will receive thanks for your contribution. It is at the sole discretion of each user to "thank" posts they feel helpful. Now lets say someone downloaded the taskbar and didnt like it, would you then expect them to thank you for something they dont use? perhaps they downloaded on the home PC, then went to work and forgot to put it on the card, so they download it again... should they hit thanks twice? oh snap, they can't!!! These are just 2 examples of why you will never have the same amount of thanks and downloads for any file. So again, guys dont take this the wrong way, but users are encouraged to use the thanks button, not required

kjhadfield 05-08-2009 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puff (Post 902770)
the reputation system or currently known as "thanks" will never be perfect. Now please do not misinterpret my post as disrespectful as I have the utmost respect for all taskbar dev. However, if you are doing this just for the "thanks" then you are missing the point!!! This community is NOT about "getting thanks" and you should never contribute to this community under the assumption that you will receive thanks for your contribution. It is at the sole discretion of each user to "thank" posts they feel helpful. Now lets say someone downloaded the taskbar and didnt like it, would you then expect them to thank you for something they dont use? perhaps they downloaded on the home PC, then went to work and forgot to put it on the card, so they download it again... should they hit thanks twice? oh snap, they can't!!! These are just 2 examples of why you will never have the same amount of thanks and downloads for any file. So again, guys dont take this the wrong way, but users are encouraged to use the thanks button, not required

i just want to state from the beg. that in no way is this a arguement (and i dont want any1 to get the wrong idea), just a friendly debate:mrgreen:

puff,
no i dont take any disrespect from "your opinion" but i dont totally agree (but 2 each their own, right). i personally dont do any custom work unless its originally for me (cuz its not my job) or it interest me but i feel i belong to this community, so there for i'll share the work i do. i dont share 4 "thanks", i share 4 the people that helped me get where i'm now.
but i'll tell a short story, i 1st got interested in ppc dev. and searched and found this site. i was kinda like a sponge soaked in everything i could w/out posting/thanking. not taking into consideration that this site is a "community", and any1 that contributes does on his/her own time. thats until i started to do sum custom work and found out its harder than i thought and takes more time than expected. every1 i asked for help was more than willing to explain and thats when i realized what this was all bout. its not bout take, take, gimme, gimme; but more give/share and you'll recieve. what i mean by "recieve" is more like 'how you give your kid a gift and the look on their face' (hope that makes sense).

"sum1 holds the door 4 you, are you not gonna say thank you?! no you may not of asked them 2 but they did" maybe thats just my kinda mannors, cuz i would thank them.

i realize the #s wont ever add up, i dont expect them 2. lets do sum math, 250 downloads minus half (same person downloads twice; different servers)= 125. 125 minus half (didnt like it)= 62. 62 minus half (4 the people that didnt read "qvga" when they have vga)= 31.

i'm just saying that, even tho i do this 4 me, its nice to get feedback and get thanked for your work. i havent been here all that long so i didnt expect this (was a bit discouraged), but after tsowen, GF reply (it was comforting) keep on keepin' on!

puff 05-08-2009 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjhadfield (Post 902854)
i dont share 4 "thanks", i share 4 the people that helped me get where i'm now.!

ah ha!!! gotcha !!! see we do agree :D

tsowen 05-08-2009 09:02 AM

I for one will take up for all my taskbar peeps here and say I don't think any of us have ever done it for the thanks or for the donations because if that was the fact I or we would have stopped a long time ago. I have never asked anyone to ever thank me nor have I reminded them, I have however asked them to thank the guys and gal (HTCLeener) who have helped me. I was just pointing out a little fact to kjhadfieldthat the numbers don't add up ever but I think we as community should show a little more appreciation for these guys and gals. I can do the math and when you have something that was downloaded 2821 times and 40 thanks something don't add up quite right but its okay because we were never in it for the thanks. HTCLeener and I always laugh because every taskbar her and I make or edit we never use it on our own phones but we put a lot of effort into it as if we were puting it on our own phones. I still use taskbar 3 on my phone and don't even have WM 6.5 and still made a taskbar for it.

These guys and gals do put a lot of time, effort and energy into this work and do it for free so I don't thank its too much to ask someone to hit the thanks button just to show a little aprreciation and to say "Hey thanks for all your hard work" that's all I am saying. For me it doesn't matter because I am still going to do what I do no matter what and this is why I have two threads here and some at XDA as well (where there is no thanks system).

As Gadgetfreak stated it can be quite frustrating especially when you put a lot of time into something and release it prior to being done because everyone is so excited to receive it and then in the end instead of getting thanks you get a lot of, I don't like this icon, why didn't you use this one, can you change this color, etc..

Anyway I hope that clears the air a little and we can jump back on topic here.

batasan 05-08-2009 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benji (Post 885080)
The icon that's appearing is this one of the tapres dll, icon number 22219-22222? Or 22214-22218? If it's for example 22220 it's because they are not changed in the tapres file you are using, I even think none of Tsowen tapres dlls ... ( please correct me if I'm wrong ](*,)) I think those icons show if you lost connecting for a while. This is a WM problem that it takes to long to go back to the white network icons (22214-22218 )The only option I see is to change icons 22219-22222 to some nice tweaked ones...

What do you think Tsowen? Does this make sense or am I totaly wrong? :drunken:

Note: you can find the tapres icons in the first post of this thread!

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for your feedback but can you tell me how I replace these icons manually ?