PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Pocket PC Themes (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Custom Taskbar (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=54514)

puff 05-08-2009 09:58 AM

Re: Custom Taskbar

Quote:

Originally Posted by batasan (Post 903052)
Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for your feedback but can you tell me how I replace these icons manually ?

check out the first post for links ;-) you need to use a program like Reshack / PE Explorer / Restorator

hinds73 05-08-2009 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsowen (Post 903011)
I for one will take up for all my taskbar peeps here and say I don't think any of us have ever done it for the thanks or for the donations because if that was the fact I or we would have stopped a long time ago. I have never asked anyone to ever thank me nor have I reminded them, I have however asked them to thank the guys and gal (HTCLeener) who have helped me. I was just pointing out a little fact to kjhadfieldthat the numbers don't add up ever but I think we as community should show a little more appreciation for these guys and gals. I can do the math and when you have something that was downloaded 2821 times and 40 thanks something don't add up quite right but its okay because we were never in it for the thanks. HTCLeener and I always laugh because every taskbar her and I make or edit we never use it on our own phones but we put a lot of effort into it as if we were puting it on our own phones. I still use taskbar 3 on my phone and don't even have WM 6.5 and still made a taskbar for it.

These guys and gals do put a lot of time, effort and energy into this work and do it for free so I don't thank its too much to ask someone to hit the thanks button just to show a little aprreciation and to say "Hey thanks for all your hard work" that's all I am saying. For me it doesn't matter because I am still going to do what I do no matter what and this is why I have two threads here and some at XDA as well (where there is no thanks system).

As Gadgetfreak stated it can be quite frustrating especially when you put a lot of time into something.

Sorry to get off topic, but I needed to chime in.

I for one am guilty as charged! There have been too many times that I will pop in and out of threads, and forget to say thanks if I download something to try....or just say thanks for their hard work even if I don't download anything. For me it all boils down to appreciation, and some of you guys/gals out there are obviously not "Thanked" enough!

Til next time,
hinds73

benji 05-08-2009 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batasan (Post 903052)
Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for your feedback but can you tell me how I replace these icons manually ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by puff (Post 903089)
check out the first post for links ;-) you need to use a program like Reshack / PE Explorer / Restorator

Just listen to what puff said :laughing6:

benji 05-08-2009 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benji (Post 885080)
The icon that's appearing is this one of the tapres dll, icon number 22219-22222? Or 22214-22218? If it's for example 22220 it's because they are not changed in the tapres file you are using, I even think none of Tsowen tapres dlls ... ( please correct me if I'm wrong ](*,)) I think those icons show if you lost connecting for a while. This is a WM problem that it takes to long to go back to the white network icons (22214-22218 )The only option I see is to change icons 22219-22222 to some nice tweaked ones...

What do you think Tsowen? Does this make sense or am I totally wrong? :drunken:

Note: you can find the tapres icons in the first post of this thread!

Tsowen, can you please give your opinion on this?
More to read if you go to the quoted post...

tsowen 05-08-2009 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batasan (Post 883938)
Hi all, can anyone help me out ? After having installed the 6v21 of the taskbar, my network icon (3G) keeps changing back to the original (grey) one. After a reboot or signing back in on the network the icon is normal again, meaning the one of the installed taskbar. Afterward it keeps on changing to the original one ](*,), is there a way that this icon doesn't change any more ?

Original ROM 2.03.406.2 FRE
No themes installed, only Holifox Q-Style font installed

Quote:

Originally Posted by benji (Post 885080)
The icon that's appearing is this one of the tapres dll, icon number 22219-22222? Or 22214-22218? If it's for example 22220 it's because they are not changed in the tapres file you are using, I even think none of Tsowen tapres dlls ... ( please correct me if I'm wrong ](*,)) I think those icons show if you lost connecting for a while. This is a WM problem that it takes to long to go back to the white network icons (22214-22218 )The only option I see is to change icons 22219-22222 to some nice tweaked ones...

What do you think Tsowen? Does this make sense or am I totally wrong? :drunken:

Note: you can find the tapres icons in the first post of this thread!

Yes you are correct in your theory benji, if the phone looses connection the "greyed out icon" will show and no these have not been skinned because it really hasn't been an issue across the board. Now don't get this confused with if your Radio is turned off such as airplane mode. This icon is when you have no data connection and are in normal mode and your connection to your network .ie AT&T is lost. I can skin these icons and make them similar to the regular ones just maybe a little dull so you know your connection has been lost.

benji 05-08-2009 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsowen (Post 903414)
Yes you are correct in your theory benji, if the phone looses connection the "greyed out icon" will show and no these have not been skinned because it really hasn't been an issue across the board. Now don't get this confused with if your Radio is turned off such as airplane mode. This icon is when you have no data connection and are in normal mode and your connection to your network .ie AT&T is lost. I can skin these icons and make them similar to the regular ones just maybe a little dull so you know your connection has been lost.

Well that is exactly what I thought...
It would be wonderful if you could skin them.
You are the best mate, I think I owe you a beer :drunken:

S2W 05-08-2009 05:00 PM

I for one would say I never have used custom taskbar but I say thanks for the efforts. Its people like you guys that provide innovating designs and perks for our devices.

I create themes and design my own graphics... and as you see in my sig never have asked for a donation. Its my passion to create and be creative.

So I say to you guys do what you do best... creativity works.

I didn't mean to sidetrack the thread, just admire the hard work creators, designers, programers and so forward from the ppcgeek community provide and give thanks!

Awesome work guys!

tsowen 05-08-2009 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benji (Post 903979)
Well that is exactly what I thought...
It would be wonderful if you could skin them.
You are the best mate, I think I owe you a beer :drunken:

I have a few updated for taskbar6 that are due out and I hope to have done late tonight so while I am at it I will skin these icons as well and make them a shade darker or something to that effect so you know if your connection to the network was lost.

HBOOT 05-08-2009 05:59 PM

Thanks Tso, I haven't messed with my TP task bar yet, but I am ready man. Bring it on.....THXX:headbang:

benji 05-08-2009 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsowen (Post 903992)
I have a few updated for taskbar6 that are due out and I hope to have done late tonight so while I am at it I will skin these icons as well and make them a shade darker or something to that effect so you know if your connection to the network was lost.

Can't wait to see it, keep up the good work :salute: