PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2008, 10:11 AM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HOW TO: Customize TouchFLO3D / Manila Themes

Quote:
Originally Posted by asuh View Post
GoodThings, dude you rock! Thanks for all your hard work.

Might I suggest you make as many screenshots with your tutorials as possible? The more you make, the easier it is to visualize or understand how to make these changes. It also allows people to know what they are changing to.
As I'm sure you can tell by the first post, I am all about screenshots whenever possible. Unfortunately, code editing isn't very screenshot friendly, since it lacks the whole copy/paste ability, that's why I've been using the code blocks. But any time I talk about graphic editing, I will definitely do screenshots if possible.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:18 AM
Bringer of Good Things
Threadstarter

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun0207 View Post
i would like to add two more little mail icon onto the mail tab of TF3D. Righ now myYahoo mail doesnt show up on it and I'm sure my work email work when I sent it up tomorrow.

FYI: does anyone know how to setup a mail account on the TP for a Novel Groupwise account? dont ask me why but thats what my job uses
Well the good news is that ANY account that you add to Outlook on the phone will show up as an option on the Mail tab... however, web-based mail accounts will not show up, so if you're using Gmail or Yahoo through the web rather than through Outlook, that's why you don't see them.

I believe Gmail and Yahoo accounts are easy to add to Outlook, however... just click the Mail tab, click Menu, and click Accounts > New Account. Then just follow the wizard entering in all your Yahoo information.

As for Groupwise... tell your IT guys they're the laughing stock of the IT world, for using such a crappy mail server! Exchange Server or Lotus Notes is the way to go! lol... joking. Seriously though, you'll have to get your POP/IMAP/SMTP server information from your IT guys (and find out if they even allow mobile access to it), and then you'll be able to use that to get setup.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:46 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

lweisenb is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I used this information and within a few minutes was able to modify the manila internet tab file and creating a couple png icons and now my internet tab looks like this the attached.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<InternetPortal>  
  <IncludeUserFavorites>True</IncludeUserFavorites>
  <Banner
    DefaultImagePath="\Windows\HTC\Assets\Images\InternetPortal\banner.qtc"
    SelectedImagePath="\Windows\HTC\Assets\Images\InternetPortal\banner_selected.qtc"
    Text="Launch Browser"
    Width="240"
    Height="107" />
  <OperatorLinks>
    <Link
      Text="Kinoma"
      Executable="\Storage Card\Program Files\Kinoma\BIN\Kinoma.exe"
      ImagePath="\Windows\kinoma.png" />
    <Link
      Text="Messenger"
      Executable="\Windows\WLMMessenger.exe"
      ImagePath="\Windows\msn.png" />
    <Link
      Text="Live Search"
      Executable="\Storage Card\Program Files\LiveSearch\LiveSearch.exe"
      ImagePath="\Windows\livesearch.png" />
  </OperatorLinks>
</InternetPortal>
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tardis + Sonic Screwdriver
Carrier: Torchwood

The Doctor is keeping up the good workThe Doctor is keeping up the good workThe Doctor is keeping up the good work
Lightbulb Re: HOW TO: Customize TouchFLO3D / Manila Themes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
Reserved #3.
Maybe a guide for how to use of the manilla editor here? I've searched and cant find one
Old 11-14-2008, 12:19 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Threadstarter

Austin, good idea... I'll try to post some screenshots today.

UPDATE: Done!

Last edited by GoodThings2Life; 11-14-2008 at 01:06 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

titter is a n00b

Awesome guides. Anyway to change the fonts TF3D uses? I am going through each file now. I will let you know if I find anything.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:52 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Threadstarter

The fonts, as I understand, are hardcoded into the mode9 manila files which don't have an easy method to modify yet. People have done it for custom themes because they're willing to use hex/binary file editors to do it, but it's not something I'd recommend at this point until there's an easier way to do it. Check the XDA links at the start of the second post if you want to investigate that further for now.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:01 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Threadstarter

Here is a screenshot of what the Call History Tab looks like...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen12.jpg (9.4 KB, 543 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-14-2008, 04:18 PM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

Quote:
Well the good news is that ANY account that you add to Outlook on the phone will show up as an option on the Mail tab... however, web-based mail accounts will not show up, so if you're using Gmail or Yahoo through the web rather than through Outlook, that's why you don't see them.

I believe Gmail and Yahoo accounts are easy to add to Outlook, however... just click the Mail tab, click Menu, and click Accounts > New Account. Then just follow the wizard entering in all your Yahoo information.

As for Groupwise... tell your IT guys they're the laughing stock of the IT world, for using such a crappy mail server! Exchange Server or Lotus Notes is the way to go! lol... joking. Seriously though, you'll have to get your POP/IMAP/SMTP server information from your IT guys (and find out if they even allow mobile access to it), and then you'll be able to use that to get setup.
My Gmail, Hotmail, Comcast & Sprint Pituremail all show up. My Yahoo is the only one that doest.

As for the IT Guys: I already told the them that. Its crazy here. This company does alot of GOV work. So have to log on to do EVERYTHING! One password to open your company, another to open Groupwise, another for the Internet, etc.... it is crazy. I know you can check you email from hone using webaccess. i just dont know how to do it. Most of the higher up here use BlackBerry's or Treo's. But they do get there email. Just didnt feel like asking them. They always give you a look like your crazy.

Old 11-14-2008, 04:19 PM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

Quote:
Here is a screenshot of what the Call History Tab looks like...

Cool. I would love to add tabs without having to delete any. But I'm horrible at code.

It took me forever to learn how to do it on my old Moto Q.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes