PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2009, 04:26 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC LEO= Touch HD2= Sprint Adonis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by battlemac View Post
-Sprint
+what we all need here state side with EVDO and quad band UMTS unlocked, so we can use it on any carrier.
How long have you lived in the United States sir? We're too backwards here for such progressive ideas. To enjoy those kinds of benefits, I suggest you look in to moving to Europe or Asia.

Long story short, what you're wishing for is just that - a wish. But it's never going to come true I'm afraid. Can we move on to talking about the HD2 now and let the HD1 go?
Old 11-18-2009, 12:21 PM
iondokk

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I emailed Dan@sprint.com yesterday and low and behold someone called me back first thing this morning... The call was as I expected, The lady on the other end of the phone said she was dissapointed that i would leave Sprint to have the HD2 which I told them would be my next phone regardless of carrier. She also indicated that there was no information regarding this phone for Sprints future lineup (could go either way) I also told her that I was very dissapointed in Sprints abillity to move forward in the phone wars by not giving the public what they desire, which she did not comment on but did again reassure me that they would regret losing me as a customer. So in a nut shell I got absolutley no information from them as to there future goals.
Ironicly yesterday I had a customer come in that is a Commercial account representitive for Sprint, that said that if he did not work for Sprint he would have an Iphone. I then asked him if he thought Sprint would have the Iphone in the future and he quickly answered no! That ATT is negotiating an extended contract for the Iphone which will probably happen. He did say that Sprint was not interested in working with MAC but that Sprint is going to have a phone available to us that will eat the Iphone, with cutting edge technology... soon. When I asked him about the HTC line of phones he said that Sprint is working with them very closely to combat the Iphone. When I asked him about the HD2 he said that Verison is getting that phone. When i asked him could Sprint get it he said that could be possible at some point but nothing has been set in stone...
So if this guy has any clue what is going on, my opinion is that maybe something better may be on the horizon for Sprint than the HD2, is that possible... cutting edge technology...from Sprint! I won't believe it if it does happen but..
Old 11-18-2009, 12:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by iondokk View Post
I emailed Dan@sprint.com yesterday and low and behold someone called me back first thing this morning... The call was as I expected, The lady on the other end of the phone said she was dissapointed that i would leave Sprint to have the HD2 which I told them would be my next phone regardless of carrier. She also indicated that there was no information regarding this phone for Sprints future lineup (could go either way) I also told her that I was very dissapointed in Sprints abillity to move forward in the phone wars by not giving the public what they desire, which she did not comment on but did again reassure me that they would regret losing me as a customer. So in a nut shell I got absolutley no information from them as to there future goals.
Ironicly yesterday I had a customer come in that is a Commercial account representitive for Sprint, that said that if he did not work for Sprint he would have an Iphone. I then asked him if he thought Sprint would have the Iphone in the future and he quickly answered no! That ATT is negotiating an extended contract for the Iphone which will probably happen. He did say that Sprint was not interested in working with MAC but that Sprint is going to have a phone available to us that will eat the Iphone, with cutting edge technology... soon. When I asked him about the HTC line of phones he said that Sprint is working with them very closely to combat the Iphone. When I asked him about the HD2 he said that Verison is getting that phone. When i asked him could Sprint get it he said that could be possible at some point but nothing has been set in stone...
So if this guy has any clue what is going on, my opinion is that maybe something better may be on the horizon for Sprint than the HD2, is that possible... cutting edge technology...from Sprint! I won't believe it if it does happen but..
I never beleive anything a rep says.. I mean heck I had one tel me sprint was getting the iphone this year LOL so till I see some leaked info it all rumors to me. Hopefully sprint gets the HTC hd2 and they have t see teh demand for it is high.. but sprint is werid when choosing phones.. hopefully 2010 isnt like 2008.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond - WM 6.5 - Telus 1.04.05
Carrier: Sprint

robotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

This mystical superphone Sprint is getting sounds too good to be true. The HD2 coming to verizon doesn't seem like a stretch though. Damn....
Old 11-18-2009, 06:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung
Carrier: VZW

battlemac is a n00b

Maybe they both are getting a version of the HD2?
Old 11-19-2009, 08:59 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

CESkins is a n00b

Quote:
Maybe they both are getting a version of the HD2?
Or perhaps the "mystical superphone" will be an Android OS v2 phone with hardware specs similar to that of the HD2.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

battlemac is a n00b

You mean the rumored HTC Dragon/Passion?
Old 11-19-2009, 09:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESkins View Post
Or perhaps the "mystical superphone" will be an Android OS v2 phone with hardware specs similar to that of the HD2.
who knows. Just wish something would leak.. sprink leaks the last few months have gone down to 0 as have their releases well they did release the pixi WOOPTIE DO. OTher carriers released like 3-5 phones each. Droid, eris, behold II I know I am missing some. Come on sprint.. we need something by christmas or we are gonna be second class citizens AGAIN. 2008 though had to be the worst year for sprint releases.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

battlemac is a n00b

For non Android phones there was the WM HTC Pure on AT&T.
Old 11-20-2009, 10:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO/BOLD/Photon
Carrier: Sprint!

relisted is keeping up the good workrelisted is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to relisted Send a message via Skype™ to relisted

Quote:
For non Android phones there was the WM HTC Pure on AT&T.
thats irrelevent

If someone helps you,click the "THANKS" button!
Or consider donating to chef or your rom!

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison