PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2009, 05:40 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

imtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC LEO= Touch HD2= Sprint Adonis!

give it up guys sprint will not be getting this phone

Old 12-16-2009, 10:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO/BOLD/Photon
Carrier: Sprint!

relisted is keeping up the good workrelisted is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to relisted Send a message via Skype™ to relisted

Quote:
Originally Posted by imtjnotu View Post
give it up guys sprint will not be getting this phone
wow way to keep our hopes up...

If someone helps you,click the "THANKS" button!
Or consider donating to chef or your rom!
Old 12-16-2009, 04:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

cruisincali is a n00b

I cant belive how desperate people are for this phone. Yes I am waiting for it too, but if it doesnt show up I will enjoy using my Samsung Moment. It is a great phone. I have been using the Touch Pro for the longest time and when I upgraded to the Samsung Moment over the Hero and the Touch Pro 2, it was the best experience ever. I am just waiting patiently for the HD2 or whatever Sprint has in store for the new year, I am very interested in their 4G (wimax) and the waiting for the confirmed release of the Samsung Moment Update.

If Sprint doesnt come out with the HD2, I will not leave for whichever carrier has it because in my opinion Sprint is the best network in my area and I have had it for a long time. Just kick back and relax and wait 2 see what Sprint has in store for 2010. Be happy with what you have because you might not get what your asking.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I'm holding the HD2 in my hand right now..................uh, sorry, that was a Red Stripe bottle
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin
Old 12-16-2009, 08:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

siptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

i guess it's not coming out in January.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

imtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by relisted View Post
wow way to keep our hopes up...
just pointing out the truth...most of sprints smart phones are released after summer before thanksgiving and if this phone isnt out yet then its not coming...sprint will do the same thing they did with the Touch HD....we wont get this phone and for that reason i am leaving sprint and going to who ever gets it...i dont like my almost 2 year old processor and laggy phone....the tp2 was just a hold over till who ever got the HD2
Old 12-17-2009, 03:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond - WM 6.5 - Telus 1.04.05

robotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
just pointing out the truth...most of sprints smart phones are released after summer before thanksgiving and if this phone isnt out yet then its not coming...sprint will do the same thing they did with the Touch HD....we wont get this phone and for that reason i am leaving sprint and going to who ever gets it...i dont like my almost 2 year old processor and laggy phone....the tp2 was just a hold over till who ever got the HD2
But this phone isn't slated to even be released until 2010... It could be next summer.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotphood View Post
But this phone isn't slated to even be released until 2010... It could be next summer.
HTC has somewhat of a release window for there phones and US carriers...

The Touch Pro 2 was unveiled in febuary of 2009 and released in august or September of 2009..

the Touch Pro 1 was unveiled in late may early june 2008 and was released in september of 2008

the HD2 was shown early this year and was released sometime to europe in september ish which was the same as the Touch HD....so like i said sprint will not be getting this phone we would have heard something already....

sprint has yet to come up in one rumor that they will carry this phone because they would rather focus on the pre and the HTC hero....
Old 12-17-2009, 04:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Sprint is really going no where in comparison to the other Companies with their current devices. Sprint should vary their devices in regards to what the people would like. I don't know have hands on experience with the Pre or Hero, but it seems as if they did not do as well as Sprint expected, as their Platforms need a lot of work.
Sprint chose a Path of Non WinMo Devices which is biting them in the ass.
We shall soon see where their Bad Marketing decisions lead. I have over 10 years with Sprint and would like to see some new WinMo devices. If not from Sprint, than another carrier it shall be.
Hey, Hesse, can you hear me now? Putz!!
Old 12-18-2009, 01:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond - WM 6.5 - Telus 1.04.05

robotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Well, no one has the pre/pixi (yet). And the Hero was much better than any android phone out at the time. Sprint isn't lagging behind that bad. I'm only upset they haven't given Diamond users an upgrade path or even a sign of one.

Quote:
HTC has somewhat of a release window for there phones and US carriers...

The Touch Pro 2 was unveiled in febuary of 2009 and released in august or September of 2009..

the Touch Pro 1 was unveiled in late may early june 2008 and was released in september of 2008

the HD2 was shown early this year and was released sometime to europe in september ish which was the same as the Touch HD....so like i said sprint will not be getting this phone we would have heard something already....

sprint has yet to come up in one rumor that they will carry this phone because they would rather focus on the pre and the HTC hero....
But those devices were released outside the US a few months before as usual. The HD2 was released in November so it is on track for the 2010 US release. I'm not saying Sprint will get it, because I don't see them picking it up, but no carrier has announced anything on it yet. But we do know it is coming to the US right?

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison