PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Phone Comparison (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   HTC LEO= Touch HD2= Sprint Adonis! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=90478)

boredmug 10-13-2009 05:11 PM

HTC LEO= Touch HD2= Sprint Adonis!

Well my TP which i've had since October of last year finally started with the dreaded keyboard problem, although i've been pressing on the keyboard to get it to come back on. I called Sprint about the problem and they went over my choices.. I haven't done anything about it yet because it's only been a minor issue so far and doesn't happen too much yet. Well today a Sprint representative called me about the problem and noticed that i have an upgrade coming on the 1st of November. She then started going over all the new phones and i kindly told her i wasn't interested in any of those. I told her i was waiting for the Leo/Touch HD2 if it was coming to Sprint. She told me that it should be released around Christmas time and will be called the Sprint Adonis! I'm all over this phone and will be holding off on my upgrade until christmas.. lol

darren.wlsn1 10-13-2009 05:15 PM

Re: HTC LEO= Touch HD2= Sprint Adonis!

man i hope its comming, hero only got a few days left till i through it out the window. so glad i kept my tp.

Genjinaro 10-13-2009 05:18 PM

Sounds credible, I can't wait to see it but something tells me the Price will be bananas. Maybe this is why Sprint skipped on the HTC Diamond2.

boredmug 10-13-2009 05:20 PM

I hope so too.. it's weird though, because she told me near christmas time, but all the websites i have seen say Q1 of 2010. I thought about the hero, but decided against it because it really seems like a downgrade. Half vga screen, no keyboard, 3.2 inch screen... I don't want to downgrade resolution and i can't use a touch keyboard only on a 3.2 inch screen.

darren.wlsn1 10-13-2009 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredmug (Post 1235299)
I hope so too.. it's weird though, because she told me near christmas time, but all the websites i have seen say Q1 of 2010. I thought about the hero, but decided against it because it really seems like a downgrade. Half vga screen, no keyboard, 3.2 inch screen... I don't want to downgrade resolution and i can't use a touch keyboard only on a 3.2 inch screen.

hero is a good device, just too much of a candy phone. the laggyness killed it for me. i got it cheap and didnt use my upgrade so im ok with it. its like a better instinct to me. if i had a vogue or titan it would be a great upgrade but tp to hero, nope.

Genjinaro 10-13-2009 05:44 PM

Suprised you guys had lag on the Hero, this thing has been a speed demon for me.
The only app I had lag with, even remotely was HTC Peep.

I may never go back to Windows Mobile, I found pretty much every WinMo alternative on this phone & then some.

Until this Adonis appears, the Hero is far ahead of them in my eyes.

Jocelyn84 10-13-2009 06:07 PM

I'm sure this doesn't equate to too much, seeing as it could just wind up being the US gsm version, but if you go to http://www.htc.com/us/faq_detail.asp...&act=faq&cat=0 they've already got a page for it. The link (297), is right in between the pure (296) and the Imagio (298).

uhohitzluke 10-13-2009 06:18 PM

Now this is what I'm talkin' about! HD2 here I come! I don't mind the price as long as it's under 600 dollars lol

boredmug 10-13-2009 06:20 PM

Nice find. I'm determined to wait for this phone although i'm sure Sprint will charge a hefty price for it..

OMJ 10-13-2009 07:19 PM

wow, this just sounds too good to be true, but I sure hope it is. I'm not holding my breathe though, most of Sprint CS agents are idiots, I wouldn't be surprised if it's actually Sprints version of the Whitestone or TD2.

crossin fingers!