PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2009, 12:04 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: HTC Touch Pro 2 OR HTC Imagio

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
Nice feedback jlbusch. Assuming the Imagio has the same hadware internals as the TP2, then we should be able to pull the necessary software off of it to make our TP2 FM radios work.
I wouldn't worry too much about the fm radio working. at xda they stated that our radios will work once the unlocker is created. They said the hardware is there.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:29 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

anybody think it would be possible to get the mobile tv put onto the touch pro 2?
Old 09-29-2009, 01:42 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

why would you want fm radio?
Old 09-29-2009, 01:50 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

id like the access to the mobile tv as long as its not an extra fee on top of the data plan, since i dont have access to sling box at the moment (no cable in my new home yet)
Old 09-29-2009, 02:01 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

oh you mean like what att has? whenever i go on my friends att phone they right away say "DONT PRESS THE TV BUTTON" because they get charged. lol i think its funny
Old 09-29-2009, 11:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

Slack3r is keeping up the good workSlack3r is keeping up the good work

So far I'm really liking this phone, I'm just not sure if I'd get used to the exclusion of the speakerphone in the TP2, as well as the physical keyboard. I guess I'll try it out on my TP2 and see how I like it, and that'll probably be the deciding factor for me. Now I'll just have to wait for a confirmed release date, and make sure I bring back my TP2 before my 30 days are over.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

EXLINE is just getting started

good lookin phone. imo better than the diamond 2, it actually looks like a pro2 without the keyboard
Old 09-29-2009, 11:39 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
why would you want fm radio?
I could care less about it personally, but there seems to be a lot of people on this board that want it.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:51 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: Simple Mobile

Kane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Kane3162 Send a message via MSN to Kane3162 Send a message via Yahoo to Kane3162 Send a message via Skype™ to Kane3162

Why do we want FM?

BATTERY LIFE!!!, using EvDO or HSPDA takes MORE battery then the FM Radio

COVERAGE!!!, where I live and work I have 0-1 bars and CONSTANTLY switch between roaming/noservice/service, which again drains the battery and screws up any internet radio app you could think of using

QUALITY!!!, sadly to say nearly all stations I have found on the internet for music i like stream in 64kbps quality... WHICH SUCKS and compared to my local FM radio station makes me want to cry! (additionally the station here covers an area of about 120miles outside of the city!)

and while not really a problem for me (when im working that is) PRICE/COST!!!, FM is free! the music apps that carriers offer is expensive, even more so then iTunes songs :/ (and i use Zune so more expensive still)

Additionally instead of using a 8GB mem stick I like the morning bits my local station does, which constantly caused me to crack up laughing (99.5KISS FM, also streams in 64kbps...)
Old 09-29-2009, 12:33 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

What about the 1,000's of free podcasts that are available now? It just seems like FM radio serves a small niche of people. Commercials, static, the same stuff over and over again. Having said that, if the FM radio is built in, but just disabled, they should make it available to those of you that want it.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison