PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2008, 02:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

shawn524 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Will Sprint trade my old Mogul for a new Instinct?

I looked around and couldn't find any threads about this, so here it goes.

Well, I've had my beloved mogul for over a year now, same one I've always had too. Never had any problems up until now, but it seems that recently my keyboard although with no physical damage, has started to crap out. I'll press a key only to have it register multiple times or sometimes not at all. It makes typing and texting so painfully annoying.

I remember when the Touch came out on sprint, i read stories about people getting their Mogul swapped out for the Touch. I was wondering if anyone has done that, or heard about anyone doing that with the Instinct.

Thanks.
Old 07-06-2008, 02:27 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community
Re: Will Sprint trade my old Mogul for a new Instinct?

personally, i would NOT recommend the InstinK
Old 07-06-2008, 03:36 PM
N00b

billy54554 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to billy54554

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn524 View Post

Well, I've had my beloved mogul for over a year now, same one I've always had too. Never had any problems up until now, but it seems that recently my keyboard although with no physical damage, has started to crap out. I'll press a key only to have it register multiple times or sometimes not at all. It makes typing and texting so painfully annoying.

I remember when the Touch came out on sprint, i read stories about people getting their Mogul swapped out for the Touch. I was wondering if anyone has done that, or heard about anyone doing that with the Instinct.

Thanks.
I was having similar problems with my Mogul. When I called Sprint to complain, they told me that they would swap my Mogul for a brand new one or I could wait until the Instinct came out and swap to that phone. I asked the rep if the Instinct would be a WinMo device and he said "yes". Hmmmm. I did some research on the Instinct and found that it was not a windows device but had its own operating system so I opted for the new Mogul. I also asked about swapping for the Touch and was told it wasnt possible but I have read on here where people have done it. I guess if you called their retentions department, you may be able to work something out but I would never trade my Mogul for an Instinct.
Old 07-06-2008, 04:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

yismoh is a n00b

instinct sucks
Old 07-06-2008, 05:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff

Quote:

Thanks.
If you are seriously considering an instinct you probably should have never bought a mogul in the first place - they are nothing alike... If you don't like having a smart device remember that in the future and stay away from winmo...
Old 07-06-2008, 11:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

trackman is a n00b

i am having the same problems with my keyboard...but i want the touch pro, you think they will let me trade my mogul for the pro
Old 07-06-2008, 11:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

phattboy29 is a n00b

a Mogul for an Instinct, is like trading Derek Jeter for Julio Lugo... stay off the crack, my man

your software solution is "SPB Full Screen Keyboard", your hardware solution is another Mogul (with insurance) or a Touch Pro (as ugly as those phones are)
Old 07-07-2008, 01:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC HD@
Carrier: tmobile

Raven1467 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by phattboy29 View Post
a Mogul for an Instinct, is like trading Derek Jeter for Julio Lugo... stay off the crack, my man

your software solution is "SPB Full Screen Keyboard", your hardware solution is another Mogul (with insurance) or a Touch Pro (as ugly as those phones are)
The last part of this post is silly.. The Diamond and Touch Pro look friggen' amazing.. You're like officially the first person I've ever heard who say's otherwise.. Did you ever see the 6700 now that was a beastly device.. Touch Pro is like the " sex ".. Period..

But on another note.. My neighbor at work has the instinct.. It's a cool device if you like proprietary hardware/software. It's a full feature device with little hassle.. It's an immediate no-go for me though, cause they have tethering disabled on the device on sprint's server's. Which is just another ridiculous MMS scandal.. But if you just want a simple cut and dry device that's packed with a decent amount of feature's the instinct is a good phone.. Not the right one for me.. I'm not satisfied until my phone brew's coffee and split's atoms, but it maybe the right one for you..

- Walter

Last edited by Raven1467; 07-07-2008 at 02:17 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-07-2008, 04:43 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

shawn524 is a n00b

Ok, let me set the record straight. I love my mogul, and I've followed it since before it came out. I just feel like switching to something different and since the Touch Pro (which i agree with Walter is purely orgasmic) isn't out yet, and neither is the Android running Dream, I figured why not pick up a place holder to tide me over until the Touch Pro graces my pocket.
Old 07-07-2008, 06:57 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Ok, let me set the record straight. I love my mogul, and I've followed it since before it came out. I just feel like switching to something different and since the Touch Pro (which i agree with Walter is purely orgasmic) isn't out yet, and neither is the Android running Dream, I figured why not pick up a place holder to tide me over until the Touch Pro graces my pocket.
Get a touch ( as a place holder ) and enjoy the extra RAM

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison