PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2011, 04:23 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WHAT IS BETTER? iPhone 4S or Droid Photon!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedon View Post
haha, watch it now, eric will fight nail and tooth for his arrive

yeah i know and hes like the only member here with one. =D>

when i was with sprint i almost bought one for the hell of it but after watching reviews i changed my mind. if anyone is considering a wp7 device id say wait for the nokia line to ship. the arrive just doesn't cut it IMO.

OP the choice is simple, get the gs2 or the new evo. if you can wait i heard in 2012 sprint may get the new nexus but nothing has been confirmed.

Old 10-23-2011, 04:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

midnightsrealm is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Well, I'm leaning towards the Droid . It seems to be a more reliable phone, it's a little cheaper, I like having an external storage card, and also...it's not Apple. I've heard that Apple is kind of like "big brother" watching over you. I like the bigger screen, despite it being a little heavier...and even though I won't be able to use SIRI (voice software on iPhone), I see that the droid has a similar app you can download.

Lastly, the only thing I'm not sure about is which phone is more stable. I will have this phone for 2 years, and so I've read that you get more updates from Apple, but I want the phone that will (in a year or two) still be kicking ass. And, for some reason, my "gut" is telling me that will be the Droid Photon (as opposed to the iPhone 4S) but I'm not really going off of any hard, cold facts.

Feel free to comment!

P.S. "smilies" are fun to use.
Old 10-23-2011, 04:50 PM
#1 troll!

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightsrealm View Post
Well, I'm leaning towards the Droid =D>. It seems to be a more reliable phone, it's a little cheaper, I like having an external storage card, and also...it's not Apple. I've heard that Apple is kind of like "big brother" watching over you. I like the bigger screen, despite it being a little heavier...and even though I won't be able to use SIRI (voice software on iPhone), I see that the droid has a similar app you can download.

Lastly, the only thing I'm not sure about is which phone is more stable. I will have this phone for 2 years, and so I've read that you get more updates from Apple, but I want the phone that will (in a year or two) still be kicking ass. And, for some reason, my "gut" is telling me that will be the Droid Photon (as opposed to the iPhone 4S) but I'm not really going off of any hard, cold facts.

Feel free to comment!

the iphone just works as they say but there is no development, roms or anything like that. i would stray away from the photon as well. seriously man, get the gs2 or evo view. your chances of getting ice cream on either of those phones is really good.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 (R.I.P) / htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premuim

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post

when i was with sprint i almost bought one for the hell of it but after watching reviews i changed my mind. if anyone is considering a wp7 device id say wait for the nokia line to ship. the arrive just doesn't cut it IMO.

OP the choice is simple, get the gs2 or the new evo. if you can wait i heard in 2012 sprint may get the new nexus but nothing has been confirmed.

haha, now that you mension it I cant recall ever seeing anyone else Ive interact with say they have one

and about the new nexus, when I was at the sprint store yesturday talking to one of the guys there he said that the new nexus is sapouse to be comin around by like the 20th of Nov.

Him and one other rep were discussing phones with me.
I have been going in to that store and looking around a couple times over the last few weeks so they know me and talk freely with me

I blew their minds when I showed them my tp2 with all its tweeks and mods lmao
I showed them the custom rom, all the custom skins I made for it and a few I had downloaded.

But what REALLY freaked them was that Im running gingerbread on it off dual boot lmao

so all that stuffs got them to talking with me about the phones they like and are dying to get ahold of.

They mensioned the new nexus in a passing convo

That and that HTC is going to be giving Virizon a dual core 1.5 ghtz phone in november but i didnt hear the name of the phone

Last edited by aedon; 10-23-2011 at 05:59 PM.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Well, I'm leaning towards the Droid =D>. It seems to be a more reliable phone, it's a little cheaper, I like having an external storage card, and also...it's not Apple. I've heard that Apple is kind of like "big brother" watching over you. I like the bigger screen, despite it being a little heavier...and even though I won't be able to use SIRI (voice software on iPhone), I see that the droid has a similar app you can download.

Feel free to comment!

I have a friend who is all about iPhone.
he has had his first iphone for almost 3 or 4 years I think. he got the 3gs like a month after it was released. Im not sure when that was.
but he got it back when it was iOS3.somthing
then he continually upgraded through 4.whatever
and now hes on iOS5
so that one phone has served him well.
And he never cracked the screen untill about 2 or 3 months ago when I helped him move out of his apartment.

It was in his hoodie pocket and he livs on the 3rd floor.. and we were taking a box downstairs and it "jumped" out of his pocket lmao.

we kinda both just stared as it fell 3 stories and then looked at each other and said "oh sh*t...."

LUCKILY I was playing with one of the tank cases he had, the one that claim to make the phone indistructable, and was trying to figure out how it worked and i put his phone in it while he was packin up the last box

when he looked at it he was like "what the hell did you put it in there for? damn it, oh well I dont feel like taking it out right now"

surprisingly.. the phone itself was fine but the screen looks like someone shot it lol
but everything still works and he ses that iOS5 is soooo fast and amazing..
but when i played with the iphone at the store i was unimpressed

Last edited by aedon; 10-23-2011 at 05:59 PM.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

midnightsrealm is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I'm feeling the DROID PHOTON right now. Anyone want to talk me out of it?
Old 10-23-2011, 06:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Lolz.
I wont argue with someone not wanting an iphone.

That being said.........
how many other android phone have you looked at?
Old 10-23-2011, 06:59 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Incredible 2 Build/GWK74) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Dude the arrive isnt a good phone plus its older. If hes updating he might as well get something newer and high end. The arrive has horrid reviews.
@fixxxer2008 it has horrid reviews on the web because those reviewers are biased or don't know what they're talking about, very hard to find an unbiased review about a phone online. on the sprint site the arrive is one of the highest rated phones on there in customer satisfaction and any bad reviews there are due to the person not knowing what they were getting into before buying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aedon View Post
haha, watch it now, eric will fight nail and tooth for his arrive
@aedon not really just making another suggestion just like what @gullzway did. its funny what he says about his epic "this phone is money man" but I won't be with the arrive much longer because sprint's ongoing slow 3G speeds have caused me to email dan@sprint.com to try to get out of my contract. I'll soon be rocking an HD7 on T-mobile.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:07 PM
#1 troll!

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Incredible 2 Build/GWK74) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedon
Quote:

haha, now that you mension it I cant recall ever seeing anyone else Ive interact with say they have one

and about the new nexus, when I was at the sprint store yesturday talking to one of the guys there he said that the new nexus is sapouse to be comin around by like the 20th of Nov.

Him and one other rep were discussing phones with me.
I have been going in to that store and looking around a couple times over the last few weeks so they know me and talk freely with me

I blew their minds when I showed them my tp2 with all its tweeks and mods lmao
I showed them the custom rom, all the custom skins I made for it and a few I had downloaded.

But what REALLY freaked them was that Im running gingerbread on it off dual boot lmao

so all that stuffs got them to talking with me about the phones they like and are dying to get ahold of.

They mensioned the new nexus in a passing convo

That and that HTC is going to be giving Virizon a dual core 1.5 ghtz phone in november but i didnt hear the name of the phone
No verizon will be exclusive next month. Sprint wont get it until 2012.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:09 PM
#1 troll!

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightsrealm
Its your choice but id still get the evo view or epic touch 4g. The photon isnt all too great from what ive read plus it has a locked bootloader.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Tags
droid, iphone, iphone 4s or droid photon, iphone or droid