PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2011, 11:44 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Thinking about moving on...

if you can get any phone you want id go with the evo3d or the new sg2 "epic". hardware keyboards are becoming a thing of the past. don't bother with the arrive or the evo shift.

Old 09-22-2011, 11:56 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
u know what I'll say, go for the HTC arrive,the mango update is about to hit officially but the beta is already out and it is amazing. or u could wait for the Samsung Omnia 7 to come to sprint it has a 4" screen and an FFC but no keyboard. the keyboard on the arrive is similar to the one on the tp2 so u'll feel right at home.

if hes used to modding and themeing he should stay away from wp7, sorry.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:49 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
if you can get any phone you want id go with the evo3d or the new sg2 "epic". hardware keyboards are becoming a thing of the past. don't bother with the arrive or the evo shift.
While software keyboards are probably the way to go 90% of the time..hardware keyboards are not a thing of the past...for me for example it is a requirement as I need to be able to manage servers in terms of emergency. And software keyboards take up too much real estate to be productive in those senarios...they are also popular for gamers.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 09-23-2011, 01:14 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 (R.I.P) / htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premuim
Threadstarter

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
While software keyboards are probably the way to go 90% of the time..hardware keyboards are not a thing of the past...for me for example it is a requirement as I need to be able to manage servers in terms of emergency. And software keyboards take up too much real estate to be productive in those senarios...they are also popular for gamers.

Ya, Im WAAAAY to used to using a physical keyboard. As Ive said, Every phone Ive ever had for the last like 10+ years has had one.

And as far as the onscreen keyboards... their alright.. but being 6'3" and having huuuuge hands means that 90% of the time I hit like 5 keys at once.
So its nice to have a physical keyboard when the onscreen starts pissing me off ya kno.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:52 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedon View Post
Ya, Im WAAAAY to used to using a physical keyboard. As Ive said, Every phone Ive ever had for the last like 10+ years has had one.

And as far as the onscreen keyboards... their alright.. but being 6'3" and having huuuuge hands means that 90% of the time I hit like 5 keys at once.
So its nice to have a physical keyboard when the onscreen starts pissing me off ya kno.
there are phones with 4.5" - 5.3" touchscreens actually lol
Old 09-23-2011, 11:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
there are phones with 4.5" - 5.3" touchscreens actually lol

Ya I know, but to me a touch screen doesnt give the same kinda a feedback to my fingures as the buttons.

My fingers have grown sensitive enough to know if im touching a specific key rather then multiple ones.

A flat screen just doesnt give that response to me
Old 09-24-2011, 10:56 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Ya I know, but to me a touch screen doesnt give the same kinda a feedback to my fingures as the buttons.

My fingers have grown sensitive enough to know if im touching a specific key rather then multiple ones.

A flat screen just doesnt give that response to me
It gives Hap-tic Feedback...if you touch 2 keys it will give 2 feedbacks..
Old 09-24-2011, 08:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
It gives Hap-tic Feedback...if you touch 2 keys it will give 2 feedbacks..
didnt mean the vibration, I ment that I can feel the keys under my fingers, I can feel wether or not im in the middle of the key or on the edge and wether im on 2 keys.

I know that the screen gives a vibrational response but that just lets me know somethings been pressed, my finger cant tell whats been pressed tho, if that makes more sense
Old 09-24-2011, 10:07 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
didnt mean the vibration, I ment that I can feel the keys under my fingers, I can feel wether or not im in the middle of the key or on the edge and wether im on 2 keys.

I know that the screen gives a vibrational response but that just lets me know somethings been pressed, my finger cant tell whats been pressed tho, if that makes more sense
Its not too much of an issue because letters pop out when you hover over them and are only typed on release so you would know which key you are on. Capacitive screens are also easier to type on by hand.

But hey who am I trying to convince, for me a keyboard phone is vital too lol
Old 09-25-2011, 09:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

i never did like virtual keyboard on phone much either :S must be my hand eye coordination but i tend to press the letter that is 1 over to right when i get to the right side of the keyboard (using left index finger/thumb) because I can't feel when to stop hand lol

If you talk about screen space... the 4.5" screens just aren't as "big" as the smaller screens that have a physical keyboard because once the keyboard is out, you lose the 4.5" screen and it is half that. With a physical keyboard, the TP2/epic/shift keeps their original screen space.

I'm waiting till WP7 tiles get added to android :S

About the Sero 500 plan, have you thought about trying virgin mobile if they are good in your area? the prices can go down to $35/month for android devices and they got some nice ones out. If it's the cost of the phone, you can buy one from craigslist for fairly good condition phone at cheaper prices. Then sell it on craigslist again if you decide you dont want it and you'll just be out of the cost of the time you spent on virgin. But you'll have to keep paying the sero plan while you test this because you dont want to lose it in case you want to go back :S

Last edited by EyeB; 09-25-2011 at 09:48 PM.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison