PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2011, 06:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 (R.I.P) / htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premuim
Threadstarter

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Thinking about moving on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
...I kind of lost track, but how is T-Mo in your area? I only ask because you can get an HD2 cheap of craigslist, and put Winmo 6.5.3, Android, and WP7 on it...
i have no idea honestly, i dont think i know anyone around here with tmo..
but i dont think id go weith any other carrier since anything besides a boost or virgin moble will more then double my payments.

currently I have pretty much unlimited everything for 30 bucks on my sero.

It would be stupid to jump to a 80 dallar contract when I dont even wana really get a sero premium plus data thats only 50
Old 09-27-2011, 06:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Not really, the TP2 spec wise is around that of an HTC Hero so its not really that surprising. If anything Android is less bloated then windows mobile and easier to port, heck you can get almost any device running Android. As for rooting, if the phone is a none HTC/Motorola phone. Rooting is easier then cake.

I think he is simply stating that with the android port we wouldnt have to root anything since the port is already allows root acsess.

Therefor anything that requiers a root privalege is already granted permision to exicute.

I dont thnk he ment anything in the way of rooting a non android device
Old 09-27-2011, 06:24 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedon View Post
i have no idea honestly, i dont think i know anyone around here with tmo..
but i dont think id go weith any other carrier since anything besides a boost or virgin moble will more then double my payments.

currently I have pretty much unlimited everything for 30 bucks on my sero.

It would be stupid to jump to a 80 dallar contract when I dont even wana really get a sero premium plus data thats only 50
Well if boost is an option, what about the Samsung Transform Ultra?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 09-27-2011, 06:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Well if boost is an option, what about the Samsung Transform Ultra?
i kinda like that phone now that im looking at it.
is that phone only available through boost?
Old 09-27-2011, 06:52 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
i kinda like that phone now that im looking at it.
is that phone only available through boost?
What do you mean by that? who would you prefer?
Old 09-27-2011, 06:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
What do you mean by that? who would you prefer?
its not about preferance, its couriosity
Old 09-27-2011, 07:01 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
its not about preferance, its couriosity
That phone in particular is boost only. virgins best phone is Motorola Triumph but no keyboard and only keyboard phone is the crappy intercept...

as for sprint, so far best keyboard phone is the Epic...so far..
Old 09-27-2011, 07:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
That phone in particular is boost only. virgins best phone is Motorola Triumph but no keyboard and only keyboard phone is the crappy intercept...

as for sprint, so far best keyboard phone is the Epic...so far..
ya im in no way getting the crappy intercept.

and theres been quite some talk over the epic.
is there any news of anything in the works?
Old 09-27-2011, 08:56 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
ya im in no way getting the crappy intercept.

and theres been quite some talk over the epic.
is there any news of anything in the works?
Not as far as I know :/...
Old 09-28-2011, 09:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 WM+XDA
Carrier: Boost

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Not really, the TP2 spec wise is around that of an HTC Hero so its not really that surprising. If anything Android is less bloated then windows mobile and easier to port, heck you can get almost any device running Android. As for rooting, if the phone is a none HTC/Motorola phone. Rooting is easier then cake.
Yeah I know devs can get android running on practically a toaster but the toaster or other device wont be mapped out as close as Linux vouge was for the TP2, that's all I was saying. And the transform ultra will require an extra $5 a month which I think is going to encourage more cloning.

Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/FRX06-07 via PPCG app

GBX0C buttery goodness with 3.3.8 kernel sprinkled on top.
Looking for another cool mobile forum? Don't join Howard Forums because they sick a duck.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison