PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2010, 04:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

The Sapient is keeping up the good workThe Sapient is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: EVO vs Epic.. Thinking of Evo, need opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfve View Post
go on, be a big boy n make your own decision, no one here cares what you buy both are great phones
So it is childish to seek information on various products in a forum dedicated to that purpose so as to make an informed decision? And you believe that he asked his questions because he really is just trying to keep us informed of his eventual purchase?

Old 09-27-2010, 04:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaliS View Post
2) ability to view, edit, create MS-Word documents and other files from MS-Office.
My feeling is that nothing can replace a hardware keyboard if you have to do a lot of document editing.
Old 09-27-2010, 05:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: palm pre/htc tp
Carrier: sprint

dfve is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sapient View Post
So it is childish to seek information on various products in a forum dedicated to that purpose so as to make an informed decision? And you believe that he asked his questions because he really is just trying to keep us informed of his eventual purchase?

=D>
now that you mention it..
parenthetically, he did ask for an opinion
Old 09-27-2010, 05:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfve View Post
now that you mention it..
parenthetically, he did ask for an opinion
There was also that whole chunk of his post under the words "EVO Questions".
Old 09-27-2010, 05:25 PM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
boygeniusreport.com/2010/09/27/new-htc-full-qwerty-device-destined-for-verizon-breaks-cover/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+TheBoyGeniusReport+%28Boy+Genius+Report% 29

This is why the epic is crap...look at the build quality that HTC has. Put an epic next to an evo and this.

And I know it says Verizon, but we all know Sprint will get some version of this

Sent from my fast as hell phone that you can only wish you had
Old 09-27-2010, 05:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6850

ls3mach is keeping up the good workls3mach is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Material wise it doesn't really feel cheap...what makes it feel this way is because it is so light..but being light does not make something cheap...let me put it to relativity..

Let me explain what exactly you are feeling...when I first got my Epic it felt like holding a feather coming from a TP2..but after using the Epic for a few weeks, I pickup my Epic and it feels fine, I pick up my TP2 and it feels like I'm holding a brick (But before I never once felt it was heavy)..its a psychological thing...our brains sets expectations to weight..So its not exactly the Epic is light, it is just light to what you are used to.
I agree the Epic feels cheap. Why do you keep telling everyone what THEY think? Aren't you supposed to be a mod or something?

Also I thought the Mogul had a better keyboard than the Epic. My Epic and my uncle's already are developing a finicky charging port. Seems cheap to me.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:38 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman1127 View Post
boygeniusreport.com/2010/09/27/new-htc-full-qwerty-device-destined-for-verizon-breaks-cover/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheBoyGeniusReport+%28Boy+Gen ius+Report%29

This is why the epic is crap...look at the build quality that HTC has. Put an epic next to an evo and this.

And I know it says Verizon, but we all know Sprint will get some version of this

Sent from my fast as hell phone that you can only wish you had
*facepalm*That is why I fear for the future of HTC...4 row keyboard = autofail...at least for those who really want to use their keyboards...HTC got it right with the TP2..why change it?!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls3mach View Post
I agree the Epic feels cheap. Why do you keep telling everyone what THEY think? Aren't you supposed to be a mod or something?
Me being a mod has nothing to do with anything..an obligations of a mod is to keep order...other then at I am no different then any of you.

Anyways, the reason why I say they THINK is because I have yet to hear a person mention breaking their Epic while dropping it...you say it "feels" cheap but you have no definite proof of it being ass such..hence I made a reference to a Diamond ring...it also feels cheap if you look at it...

Quote:
Also I thought the Mogul had a better keyboard than the Epic. My Epic and my uncle's already are developing a finicky charging port. Seems cheap to me.
You mean the wire disconnecting from he charging port?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 09-27-2010, 10:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

You are confusing a cheap feel with a lack of durability. A phone can be durable and still feel cheap.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:44 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sapient View Post
People are saying it feels cheap, not that it lacks durability. A steel bench is more durable than a leather couch, but it sure would feel like a cheap furnishing. And when someone says they think, for example, the plastic feels cheap, they don't need anyone to explain to them they only THINK it feels cheap to them. Nor do they need to definitive proof of how they react to that kind of plastic.
So when someone says " have you held the device it feels like a childs toy and I can't wait to see the threads of how they dropped it and broke it"(summarized)...

I think that falls under questioning the durability..so far only think I asked was why they feel this way to iron out exactly what about it they think it feels cheap..this is suppose to be informational as you said..so ironing out why people feel its cheap is important don't you think?

Quote:
You say you dislike 4 row keyboards so much that any phone with one is an "autofail". Yet you offer no " definite proof" of your claim. Does this mean you needs us to make a little history of your experiences to explain why you THINK you don't like 4 row keyboards?
Ok, how many times have you typed a number on a phone? A dedicated number pad is one of the most popular wanted thing by msot keyboard lovers..If you need a bases..well I have yet to see 1 person complain that a keyboard is 5 rows..but many complain about a 4 row keyboard..

Quote:
Instead of trying to explain why we can't actually not like the feel of the phone, just say that it feels good to you and leave it at that. I think it is great you have a phone you THINK you don't find cheap feeling.
Again you said it yourself..the point of this is informational..if lets say we can iron out that the "feels cheap" refers to say the back cover or etc, maybe an alternative back cover the issue...but so far if you read up 10/10 people were questioning durability...
Old 09-27-2010, 11:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

You didn't ask what the person in question found cheap feeling. You explained to him he only THINKS it feels cheap to him. You are not seeling information. People have been pretty explicit about why they think the phone feels cheap. You tell them they are wrong about how the phone feels to them.

Regardless of how durable the phone is, it does feel a bit like a toy. The plastic feels cheap. The sliding mechanism feels cheap. It feels fragile in the hand.

And here is the entirety of the post you responded to with explanation of why poster only THINKS the phone feels cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigo View Post
The epic does feel super cheap!
Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk Pro
How is that about durability?

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison