PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2010, 02:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

rigo is keeping up the good workrigo is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
The epic does feel super cheap!
Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk Pro
Old 09-26-2010, 02:38 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: EVO vs Epic.. Thinking of Evo, need opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigo View Post
The epic does feel super cheap!
Material wise it doesn't really feel cheap...what makes it feel this way is because it is so light..but being light does not make something cheap...let me put it to relativity..

Let me explain what exactly you are feeling...when I first got my Epic it felt like holding a feather coming from a TP2..but after using the Epic for a few weeks, I pickup my Epic and it feels fine, I pick up my TP2 and it feels like I'm holding a brick (But before I never once felt it was heavy)..its a psychological thing...our brains sets expectations to weight..So its not exactly the Epic is light, it is just light to what you are used to.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 09-26-2010, 02:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker

rigo is keeping up the good workrigo is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Material wise it doesn't really feel cheap...what makes it feel this way is because it is so light..but being light does not make something cheap...let me put it to relativity..

Let me explain what exactly you are feeling...when I first got my Epic it felt like holding a feather coming from a TP2..but after using the Epic for a few weeks, I pickup my Epic and it feels fine, I pick up my TP2 and it feels like I'm holding a brick (But before I never once felt it was heavy)..its a psychological thing...our brains sets expectations to weight..So its not exactly the Epic is light, it is just light to what you are used to.

Its super light which is perfect but is the material im talking about
Old 09-26-2010, 03:14 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigo View Post
Its super light which is perfect but is the material im talking about
I have a TP2 side by side with an Epic..plastic on TP2 feels the same as on the Epic...only difference is the back cover which has an elastic feel to it for comfortability..inside of the phone feels completely solid...is it the back cover thats giving you the feel?
Old 09-26-2010, 07:38 PM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
though it may be a misconception, weight plays a big part in the "quality feel". My grip is the feel of the buttons and the screen sliding mechanism. The tp2 slides and tilts and still manages to feel for solid

Sent from my fast as hell phone that you can only wish you had
Old 09-26-2010, 07:53 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman1127 View Post
though it may be a misconception, weight plays a big part in the "quality feel". My grip is the feel of the buttons and the screen sliding mechanism. The tp2 slides and tilts and still manages to feel for solid

The reason why the TP2 mechanism feels more solid is because it is reinforced to do the Tilt..without a Tilt ability..you don't need as much reinforcement. As for the buttons..so overall there is no flaw in the build quality..they just may not feel to your suitings which is up to opinion...as an owner of both a TP2 and an Epic, I can assure you its no TP2 keyboard but its definitely #2...
Old 09-26-2010, 07:56 PM
Master Kimosabi

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
I personally think that the tp keyboard was better than the tp2 though it did break 8 times.

Back on topic...

Old 09-26-2010, 09:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

The Sapient is keeping up the good workThe Sapient is keeping up the good work

I'm about ready to buy one of these now that I can get the full discount. I'm sort of a sucker for hype, and was convinced I was going to get the Evo when if first came out. When the Epic was introduced, I was sold on that. Now I see two very good phones, each with their own strengths. I like the screen technology in the Epic, and the keyboard is nice. But after playing with both for some time, I find I enjoy the user experience with the Evo more. Sense is just fantastic. And for all the benchmarks and videos of 3d gaming, I haven't experienced better performance with the Epic in the things I do (which doesn't include fast paced gaming). I'm also in the camp that thinks the Evo feels better in the hand. I'm don't hate the Epic's plastic, but I'm not crazy about it. The thing that bothers me the most is that the slider feels too loose when it is closed.

I still could change my mind. They both are top tier phones. As always, I wish I could pick and choose features from the available products to create the perfect phone for me.
Old 09-26-2010, 11:04 PM
Master Kimosabi

There are rumors of an evo with a keyboard coming out.....

Old 09-26-2010, 11:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G Stock 2.2

Wizhk is just getting started

From many posts that I have read. Swype is far superior to a keyboard. More convenient and faster then any sliding out of a keyboard.

So if it is not about a keyboard, and it is not about the screen (Epics will be coming in SLCD soon) then it is about software, size of screen, and processor. Take your pick, I pick Evo.

Wizhk

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison