PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2010, 01:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

rigo is keeping up the good workrigo is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ls3mach View Post
The extent of my gaming on either is quick games or puzzle games. Not 1 game has been great on either phone. At this point I don't understand 3D mobile gaming on the phones.

I havent been able to find a game that plays better on the epic.. please guys show me the light... like a said before the major difference on both phones is the the overrated screen the epic offers...
Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk Pro
Old 09-24-2010, 01:38 PM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: EVO vs Epic.. Thinking of Evo, need opinions

Though the screen is brilliant, 2 things bother me. One is the feel of the buttons. Lets just say in aint no TP2. The second thing is that it feels so cheap. Most HTC devices all feel solid
Old 09-24-2010, 07:26 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigo View Post
I havent been able to find a game that plays better on the epic.. please guys show me the light... like a said before the major difference on both phones is the the overrated screen the epic offers...
Here is an example of an HTC Desire and Galaxy S running side by side with quake: (its not exactly ideal, but this is the only side by side you can find on the net)

Samsung Galaxy S vs HTC Desire running Quake 2 [video] | Android Central

Also 6-axis accelerometer allows more functionality in games that support it such as sims 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman1127 View Post
Though the screen is brilliant, 2 things bother me. One is the feel of the buttons. Lets just say in aint no TP2. The second thing is that it feels so cheap. Most HTC devices all feel solid
I will admit the Epic KB is no TP2 keyboard..but in my opinion its prob the 2nd best keyboard Ive tried. As for the feel..the reason why HTC ones feel this way is because they put in a lot more useless plastic and batteries are 2x the size without actually any increase in mah.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 09-25-2010, 12:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker

rigo is keeping up the good workrigo is keeping up the good work
Where can i download this game?

Old 09-25-2010, 12:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

Phen0m is becoming a great contributor

Well.. I did end up grabbing an EVO from a local Radio Shack(to extend my "30" days), moreso than as a mark on the EPIC.. as the EPIC will still be readily available in another month.

Its crazy, as the phones are the same size.. but the EVO's screen is just massive. However the display is gonna take some getting used to.. viewing angles aren't great it seems. EVO's heavier too.. in a good way i supose.

So where do i begin? Start with root, do the OTA update? dive in and start flashing roms? Please advise!

Thanks so much for all the input as well.
Old 09-25-2010, 01:37 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigo View Post
Where can i download this game?

Its out there..I can't post a link as the trademark holders do not exactly agree to the port:

iD Software frags Doom, Quake, and Wolfenstein ports for Android – Android and Me
Old 09-25-2010, 02:04 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

Got an evo, bought my girl an epic and that lasted for all of about 2 days lol, back went the epic and she got an evo... I wasn't impressed at all with the epic considering all the jive it put out (and isn't it funny you can walk right in an buy an epic but have to wait for an evo, that should tell you supply/demand right there)... A majority of people do their homework before purchasing a device, which is why the evo is still sold out and you can get an epic at any store u walk into that stocks them...

Samsung = Toyota
EVO = Lexus

Same base, but the Evo is just that much more appealing I guess... I went out on a limb purchasing a samsung device anyway just because of their lack of software/hardware support in the past, but in the end it was up to my girl and she loved my phone way more than the epic so the evo it was... Give samsung a little while to strengthen their smartphone abilities and I'm sure they'll be up to par soon enough but for now they don't have much on HTC, and I know I'm not the only one who thinks that...

Old 09-25-2010, 02:31 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM_SOHC View Post
Got an evo, bought my girl an epic and that lasted for all of about 2 days lol, back went the epic and she got an evo... I wasn't impressed at all with the epic considering all the jive it put out (and isn't it funny you can walk right in an buy an epic but have to wait for an evo, that should tell you supply/demand right there)... A majority of people do their homework before purchasing a device, which is why the evo is still sold out and you can get an epic at any store u walk into that stocks them...
Its not surprising..most of the components in the Epic are manufactured by samsung themselves (if you look at the epic, it is not made in china like the EVO, it actually is made in Korea and Samsung's own factories)..Demand aside HTC is low on components as it does not manufacture ANY components itself..so if the suppliers are not giving them the components or not for the price they like it creates shortages. Even if Epic sold 2x the amount the Evo did samsung would still be able to keep it in stock.

Quote:
Samsung = Toyota
EVO = Lexus
Bad example..as both are Toyota..lol..but in reality it would be more the other way around...the difference between Toyota and Lexus is whats inside..the Epic's components are way more expensive the the ones in an Evo..but since Samsung does not have to pay others and go through a middle man Samsung gets the better components cheaper.

Quote:
Same base, but the Evo is just that much more appealing I guess... I went out on a limb purchasing a samsung device anyway just because of their lack of software/hardware support in the past, but in the end it was up to my girl and she loved my phone way more than the epic so the evo it was... Give samsung a little while to strengthen their smartphone abilities and I'm sure they'll be up to par soon enough but for now they don't have much on HTC, and I know I'm not the only one who thinks that...
Its not about appeal, its more of Sprint advertising...if your girl liked the EVO thats fine..everyone has their preferences. Whether a device is better or worse makes no difference if you don't like it..

Last edited by gTen; 09-25-2010 at 02:34 PM.
Old 09-25-2010, 03:08 PM
VIP Member

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I played with an Epic for a few minutes and wasn't that impressed. The Evo is simply the best phone I've ever seen or imagined. I'm not a gamer though.
Old 09-25-2010, 05:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

nutymez is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to nutymez Send a message via Skype™ to nutymez
Wirelessly posted (Sprint HTC EVO 4G: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Ok, this is my main question.. If you do not play games on your phone, which phone would you pick then? I got my Evo on launch day and I have yet to really play a game on it.. I just ask because every time I heat about the comparisons I see people say better GPU and the 6 axis stuff..

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison