View Single Post
Old 09-26-2010, 09:50 PM
The Sapient
PPCGeeks Regular

The Sapient is keeping up the good workThe Sapient is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: EVO vs Epic.. Thinking of Evo, need opinions

I'm about ready to buy one of these now that I can get the full discount. I'm sort of a sucker for hype, and was convinced I was going to get the Evo when if first came out. When the Epic was introduced, I was sold on that. Now I see two very good phones, each with their own strengths. I like the screen technology in the Epic, and the keyboard is nice. But after playing with both for some time, I find I enjoy the user experience with the Evo more. Sense is just fantastic. And for all the benchmarks and videos of 3d gaming, I haven't experienced better performance with the Epic in the things I do (which doesn't include fast paced gaming). I'm also in the camp that thinks the Evo feels better in the hand. I'm don't hate the Epic's plastic, but I'm not crazy about it. The thing that bothers me the most is that the slider feels too loose when it is closed.

I still could change my mind. They both are top tier phones. As always, I wish I could pick and choose features from the available products to create the perfect phone for me.