PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2010, 03:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

samah is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Anyone somewhat regretting the TP2 after seeing the HTC Evo 4G?

[This thread is mainly directed towards Sprint users, but people of other carriers may feel free to join in the discussion]

So I bought my HTC Touch Pro2 from Sprint about two months ago, before the HTC Evo 4G was revealed. It seemed like the best phone for me on Sprint, even though the price made it a little ugly. However, I had been saving for a few months, and I was ready to get one. By the way, I bought this phone for $350 after a $100 rebate. Now the price is $199 for a Touch Pro2 from Sprint, which is ridiculous. Now, after the price has been confirmed for about two weeks of the HTC Evo 4G being only $199, I'm just baffled. This seems like a total ripoff.

Okay then, Sprint users, would you (if you could) trade in your HTC Touch Pro2 for an additional $100 (just a made up upgrade price)? Yeah, you lose the nice keyboard, but the processor speed and RAM are doubled. Plus, bigger screen, better camera (8 MP AND 1.3 MP for front), and 4G in select areas (no 4G in Connecticut, so I don't really care).

In my opinion, this would be a big YES. I'm not saying the Touch Pro2 is a bad phone (sluggish at times, even with good ROMs), but this new Evo 4G is just amazing. I really can't think of anything bad about it.

So, start giving opinions on this issue.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-23-2010, 03:51 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) TMO-US_LEO)

ipass.
Old 05-23-2010, 03:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/TP2

aaron580 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to aaron580
Re: Anyone somewhat regretting the TP2 after seeing the HTC Evo 4G?

no because i got mine for so many bad touch pros i can get evo any time now

OMJ rom
Godmode kernel tearing fixed
Old 05-23-2010, 03:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

smileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (TP2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50433; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

I got my TP2 a few months ago and i'm quite satisfied with it. I don't wanna just jump to another phone cuz it has better specs because phones seem to keep outdoing each other so i'm just playing the waiting game. Seems i'm winning too! haha!
Old 05-23-2010, 03:54 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC ARRIVE
Carrier: sprint

havox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron580 View Post
no because i got mine for so many bad touch pros i can get evo any time now
same here except im gonna get a wp7 instead

Dank-Ass Robba

Old 05-23-2010, 03:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

No i dont regret it ive had my tp2 since about release and i have enjoyed every minute with it.Technology is moving really fast with phones right now you might buy the evo and couple months from june 4th a new big dog will be revealed and you might again regret your purchase.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-23-2010, 04:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

smileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (TP2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50433; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmaine02
No i dont regret it ive had my tp2 since about release and i have enjoyed every minute with it.Technology is moving really fast with phones right now you might buy the evo and couple months from june 4th a new big dog will be revealed and you might again regret your purchase.
Agreed.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-23-2010, 04:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: {HTC Tøuch Prø.™} - {HTC Tøuch Prø.II™} Røm~WM 6.5
Carrier: SpRinT - Àlias Dumb Dumb Netwørk...Wit Nice Phones

Brooklyncat is keeping up the good workBrooklyncat is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Brooklyncat Send a message via MSN to Brooklyncat Send a message via Skype™ to Brooklyncat

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmaine02 View Post
Spoken like a true king. I'm not touchin it with no keyboard. Plus I'm waiting for all the cry babies to cry about something. I was going to, I have 2 lines different accounts same name which people say it no possible. I guess when you have a team in sprint I run with it can happen... Plus all these post about nothing but this Evo. I'm like I don't won't it truthly speaking.

Last edited by Brooklyncat; 05-23-2010 at 05:00 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-23-2010, 04:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Verizon

AndroidTroll is keeping up the good workAndroidTroll is keeping up the good work

I cant complain. I got the tp2 for free. Im saving a boat load of crackers due to my 30$ month SERO. I think I wont be allowed to upgrade unless i ditch my precious sero.
Old 05-23-2010, 04:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

fastmike is keeping up the good workfastmike is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyncat View Post
Spoken like a true king. I'm not touchin it with no keyboard. Plus I'm waiting for all the cry babies to cry about something.
+1

I remember when I had a Treo 800W everyone was saying how they were waiting (al long time too) for the TP1 because it was going to be the end-all-be-all phone.

Then the problems started surfacing.

Given that, the EVO does look mighty tempting..
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Tags
amazing, htc evo 4g, htc touch pro2, sprint, upgrade