PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Phone Comparison (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Anyone somewhat regretting the TP2 after seeing the HTC Evo 4G? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=122192)

samah 05-23-2010 03:46 PM

Anyone somewhat regretting the TP2 after seeing the HTC Evo 4G?

[This thread is mainly directed towards Sprint users, but people of other carriers may feel free to join in the discussion]

So I bought my HTC Touch Pro2 from Sprint about two months ago, before the HTC Evo 4G was revealed. It seemed like the best phone for me on Sprint, even though the price made it a little ugly. However, I had been saving for a few months, and I was ready to get one. By the way, I bought this phone for $350 after a $100 rebate. Now the price is $199 for a Touch Pro2 from Sprint, which is ridiculous. Now, after the price has been confirmed for about two weeks of the HTC Evo 4G being only $199, I'm just baffled. This seems like a total ripoff.

Okay then, Sprint users, would you (if you could) trade in your HTC Touch Pro2 for an additional $100 (just a made up upgrade price)? Yeah, you lose the nice keyboard, but the processor speed and RAM are doubled. Plus, bigger screen, better camera (8 MP AND 1.3 MP for front), and 4G in select areas (no 4G in Connecticut, so I don't really care).

In my opinion, this would be a big YES. I'm not saying the Touch Pro2 is a bad phone (sluggish at times, even with good ROMs), but this new Evo 4G is just amazing. I really can't think of anything bad about it.

So, start giving opinions on this issue.

Dr.8820 05-23-2010 03:51 PM

Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) TMO-US_LEO)

ipass.

aaron580 05-23-2010 03:51 PM

Re: Anyone somewhat regretting the TP2 after seeing the HTC Evo 4G?

no because i got mine for so many bad touch pros i can get evo any time now

smileyface22 05-23-2010 03:53 PM

Wirelessly posted (TP2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50433; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

I got my TP2 a few months ago and i'm quite satisfied with it. I don't wanna just jump to another phone cuz it has better specs because phones seem to keep outdoing each other so i'm just playing the waiting game. Seems i'm winning too! haha!

havox22 05-23-2010 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaron580 (Post 1769121)
no because i got mine for so many bad touch pros i can get evo any time now

same here except im gonna get a wp7 instead

Rager02 05-23-2010 03:54 PM

No i dont regret it ive had my tp2 since about release and i have enjoyed every minute with it.Technology is moving really fast with phones right now you might buy the evo and couple months from june 4th a new big dog will be revealed and you might again regret your purchase.

smileyface22 05-23-2010 04:00 PM

Wirelessly posted (TP2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50433; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmaine02
No i dont regret it ive had my tp2 since about release and i have enjoyed every minute with it.Technology is moving really fast with phones right now you might buy the evo and couple months from june 4th a new big dog will be revealed and you might again regret your purchase.

Agreed.

Brooklyncat 05-23-2010 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmaine02 (Post 1769127)

Spoken like a true king. I'm not touchin it with no keyboard. Plus I'm waiting for all the cry babies to cry about something. I was going to, I have 2 lines different accounts same name which people say it no possible. I guess when you have a team in sprint I run with it can happen... Plus all these post about nothing but this Evo. I'm like I don't won't it truthly speaking.

AndroidTroll 05-23-2010 04:56 PM

I cant complain. I got the tp2 for free. Im saving a boat load of crackers due to my 30$ month SERO. I think I wont be allowed to upgrade unless i ditch my precious sero.

fastmike 05-23-2010 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooklyncat (Post 1769177)
Spoken like a true king. I'm not touchin it with no keyboard. Plus I'm waiting for all the cry babies to cry about something.

+1

I remember when I had a Treo 800W everyone was saying how they were waiting (al long time too) for the TP1 because it was going to be the end-all-be-all phone.

Then the problems started surfacing.

Given that, the EVO does look mighty tempting..