PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2010, 04:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Verizon

AndroidTroll is keeping up the good workAndroidTroll is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone somewhat regretting the TP2 after seeing the HTC Evo 4G?

I cant complain. My tp2 was free due to dead kb on tp1. Evo looks awesome but i will have to loose 30sero for it. In whick i wont.
Old 05-23-2010, 05:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: {HTC Tøuch Prø.™} - {HTC Tøuch Prø.II™} Røm~WM 6.5
Carrier: SpRinT - Àlias Dumb Dumb Netwørk...Wit Nice Phones

Brooklyncat is keeping up the good workBrooklyncat is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Brooklyncat Send a message via MSN to Brooklyncat Send a message via Skype™ to Brooklyncat

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidTroll View Post
I cant complain. I got the tp2 for free. Im saving a boat load of crackers due to my 30$ month SERO. I think I wont be allowed to upgrade unless i ditch my precious sero.
I did to hahaaa in the box like I got it from the store. I'm on a free iincoming plan to. Sprint breaks there neck tryin to get me off this plan oh boy...
Old 05-23-2010, 05:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Send a message via AIM to Brooklyncat Send a message via MSN to Brooklyncat Send a message via Skype™ to Brooklyncat

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidTroll View Post
I cant complain. My tp2 was free due to dead kb on tp1. Evo looks awesome but i will have to loose 30sero for it. In whick i wont.
You don't from what I understand. Oh your with Verizon don't know.
Old 05-23-2010, 05:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

wildpig is keeping up the good workwildpig is keeping up the good work

The only thing I regret is there is no HD2 for sprint. Other than that who regrets a plan w/ unlimited data for <$30/month? I guess I just tell myself tp2 is only one step behind.

Bet if there is an HD2 w/ WM avail, for Sprint, there would be no shortage of people on here signing up. I would be willing to pay like $400 easily.
Old 05-23-2010, 05:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Tropix22 is a n00b

The one stand-out feature the TP2 has better than other phones in its class is the keyboard...This is the sole feature that made me choose the TP2 over the Verizon Droid (which is slightly nicer in every aspect EXCEPT its got a keyboard thats not very ergonomic or user-friendly)...So, if you're a keyboard person, the TP2 is the way to go...I know that's old-school , because most people these days scoff at a keyboard phone as out-of-style, but i like having the versatility of being able to flip open a keyboard, when I am not in the mood for a touch interface...If they were to update the TP 2 with a better processor, and keep the same design (TP3 perhaps?) I would totally buy another one...
Old 05-23-2010, 05:21 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropix22 View Post
The one stand-out feature the TP2 has better than other phones in its class is the keyboard...This is the sole feature that made me choose the TP2 over the Verizon Droid (which is slightly nicer in every aspect EXCEPT its got a keyboard thats not very ergonomic or user-friendly)...So, if you're a keyboard person, the TP2 is the way to go...I know that's old-school , because most people these days scoff at a keyboard phone as out-of-style, but i like having the versatility of being able to flip open a keyboard, when I am not in the mood for a touch interface...If they were to update the TP 2 with a better processor, and keep the same design (TP3 perhaps?) I would totally buy another one...
Totally on board with you about the Keyboard, every Phone I have had since like 2004 has had a full qwerty keyboard on it. The hardware Keyboard is just something I am not willing to give up on yet. I am pretty sure that I will be with the TP2 for along time with the way the future is looking.

Old 05-23-2010, 05:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropix22 View Post
Keyboards are different, the original touch pro keyboard was the best. Touch pro 2 the keyboard was robbed of a lot keys features like Ctrl.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-23-2010, 05:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

I assume Sprint is offering the Evo for $199 because they want to be price competitive with the iPhone. Don't forget you also have to pay the $10 additional per month ($240 over the life of the contract for functionality only a handful of users will actually benefit from in 4G areas) so they are probably willing to subsidize the price of the phone more than usual. And that doesn't even count the people that will buy into the $30 hotspot add-on.

It's more like the Verizon sales model, the way Verizon sold the TP2 for $199 out of the gate but the monthly plans were more expensive so you'd pay for it on the back end. Besides, being at that sub-$200 price point is right about at the impulse-buy cutoff for a lot of gadget freaks like us. I think the Evo will fly off the shelves and I hope that it is successful. But not so successful that they don't build a keyboard version someday. And a good keyboard, like the TP2. Let's hope HTC realizes they struck gold on that one after many years.

I bought my TP2 from Ebay for around $300, and I'm absolutely thrilled with it. So much so that I walked brazenly into an AT&T store last week and bought a set of screen protectors for the "um, Tilt 2...for a friend". So I'll be keeping it for at least 3 months, which is like forever to me.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-23-2010, 05:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

samah is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpig View Post
The only thing I regret is there is no HD2 for sprint. Other than that who regrets a plan w/ unlimited data for <$30/month? I guess I just tell myself tp2 is only one step behind.

Bet if there is an HD2 w/ WM avail, for Sprint, there would be no shortage of people on here signing up. I would be willing to pay like $400 easily.
wait.. who's talking about the HD2? lol. i don't think you read my topic & OP correctly.
Old 05-23-2010, 06:02 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by samah View Post

Okay then, Sprint users, would you (if you could) trade in your HTC Touch Pro2 for an additional $100 (just a made up upgrade price)?
So, start giving opinions on this issue.
nope,but if i obsolutely had too id let best buy, but it back from me for the $177 they offer via their website.. lol

ive had my TP2 since sept 09.. its had its run.. but its also not being replaced by the EVO.. Evo is an upgrade on my 2nd line.. so ill use both daily still

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyncat View Post
Spoken like a true king. I'm not touchin it with no keyboard. Plus I'm waiting for all the cry babies to cry about something. I was going to, I have 2 lines different accounts same name which people say it no possible. I guess when you have a team in sprint I run with it can happen... Plus all these post about nothing but this Evo. I'm like I don't won't it truthly speaking.
TP and TP2 were same way.. happens on every winmo phone.. thing is, this isnt winmo which always lets everyone down.. Android in its short time, is already better at releasing new things without the whole lot of problems like winmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyncat View Post
Keyboards are different, the original touch pro keyboard was the best. Touch pro 2 the keyboard was robbed of a lot keys features like Ctrl.
and there is nothing good about TP1 keyboards.. ok wait there was one thing: they broke all the time and helped alot of people get free upgrades into TP2s lol

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Tags
amazing, htc evo 4g, htc touch pro2, sprint, upgrade