PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2010, 11:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

JensHTC is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up Re: Anyone somewhat regretting the TP2 after seeing the HTC Evo 4G?

Hi,

Just to let everyone know, Google's Android Operating System is "Junk" compared to the Microsoft Operating System. I tested the Android EVO Phone against the MS TP 2. I will say this, yes the EVO Phone may be faster but you can do a hell of a lot more with the Microsoft Operating System. Let me say another "Fact", Google as a company is in trouble. They are trying to follow a Microsoft Business Plan that has done nothing for Microsoft. There is no money in the cell phone market accept for the companies that produce the parts. There is no money in the operating systems either, as Microsoft hasn't made any huge profits in years from it. Google is a "Waste" of online space. "Never" invest in a company that derives almost all of its revenue from one product or service, Google / Advertising. I have learned how to flash my phone. I must have flashed it with almost every single ROM I could find. Can you do this with any of the Google phones, "no"...because you will lose the Google Operating System. With a Microsoft phone, you can keep flashing the ROM until the phone heats up and burns. There are so many apps and ROMs for the Microsoft phone that it would take Google 20 to 30 years to catch up. Google is a name of the past and a company that I see in need of a new product for revenue. That one product Google will never find. The company executives are stupid! They don't have a clue...Best of luck everyone...Hope this post helped settle your thoughts. PPCGeeks Rules…along with XDA-Developers
Old 06-15-2010, 12:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

muyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Anyone somewhat regretting the TP2 after seeing the HTC Evo 4G?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JensHTC View Post
Hi,

Just to let everyone know, Google's Android Operating System is "Junk" compared to the Microsoft Operating System. I tested the Android EVO Phone against the MS TP 2. I will say this, yes the EVO Phone may be faster but you can do a hell of a lot more with the Microsoft Operating System. Let me say another "Fact", Google as a company is in trouble. They are trying to follow a Microsoft Business Plan that has done nothing for Microsoft. There is no money in the cell phone market accept for the companies that produce the parts. There is no money in the operating systems either, as Microsoft hasn't made any huge profits in years from it. Google is a "Waste" of online space. "Never" invest in a company that derives almost all of its revenue from one product or service, Google / Advertising. I have learned how to flash my phone. I must have flashed it with almost every single ROM I could find. Can you do this with any of the Google phones, "no"...because you will lose the Google Operating System. With a Microsoft phone, you can keep flashing the ROM until the phone heats up and burns. There are so many apps and ROMs for the Microsoft phone that it would take Google 20 to 30 years to catch up. Google is a name of the past and a company that I see in need of a new product for revenue. That one product Google will never find. The company executives are stupid! They don't have a clue...Best of luck everyone...Hope this post helped settle your thoughts. PPCGeeks Rules…along with XDA-Developers
What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:01 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JensHTC View Post
Hi,

Ahmm..what?!?!

Ok first of all most ROMS here are made by the community and are based on minor patched revisions of the OS from other devices or leaks.

Now you also can flash different ROMs on a Android device..that is how everyone is getting Froyo on their devices. The process is just a bit harder.

Lastly, Google is not "following" M$...if anything M$ is the dieing company...lately M$ has been buying a lot of companies and spending lots of money on development and then end up scrapping everything they did.

M$ is not profiting on the mobile space because of their backwards policies...simple as that.

Google on the other hand is not in the mobile space to get money off Android...their goal is to give more ppl access to the internet and easier...the more access people have on the internet, the more money they make through ads..if anything both M$ and Apple are trying to copy what google is doing...

And personally I think google is trying to conquer the world..but if you think their product is inferior just cause you played with it a little means nothing...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-21-2010, 02:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

wildpig is keeping up the good workwildpig is keeping up the good work

I went by BB today and saw the Evo display model. Love the nice big 4+ inch screen and the fast 1 ghz cpu. but the size of that thing is definitely bigger than TP2. I think we are definitely hitting the limit on how big cell phone can get before you will have trouble carrying it....

Yes, I will probably trade to something like a CDMA HD2 (if there's ever such a thing, highly unlikely) but the size is getting close to where it's becoming too big for the pocket...
Old 06-21-2010, 02:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by muyoso View Post
What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
ROFL!!!

I nominate this comment for post of the decade!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-21-2010, 03:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

wud_e is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Nope. I like my TP2 because it has a keyboard and I don't want Android. I am however waiting on a TP3 type of device with WP7 though.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 2 Touch Pro 2s

udithadj is just getting started

i really don't see the reason why i should drop my Sero and get a service 2.5 times what i pay now and there is no 4G in my area which i have to pay for with Evo. Don't think I'll give up my TP2 for a while.
Old 06-21-2010, 06:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

PatientTwo is just getting started

yes hell yes lol
Old 06-21-2010, 06:36 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Nope....no way....no regrets whatsoever....my TP2 has always been rock solid for me.....
Old 06-21-2010, 06:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

wildpig is keeping up the good workwildpig is keeping up the good work

so, what does evryone think about the overall size of evo or tp2? are we getting to the size limit for cellphone w/ evo?

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Tags
amazing, htc evo 4g, htc touch pro2, sprint, upgrade