PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia > Omnia Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2009, 02:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: SCH-i910
Carrier: VZW

headstrong is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Adrynalyne's Base and M2D ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornl33t View Post
I may have found a bug, but it's probably a codec issue. I tried to make a video and it will not play. The camera calls it "unable to read this file". Weird thing is that I have videos that I recorded pre flash that work just fine? I noticed the file assosiations are still to touch player. Either way they are all 3g2 files, so why would one work and another not?

rom is 1.0 m2d

trying to use smart reader I get a crash with DioOCR.exe listed
I was getting this exact same problem when I was using WoZZer's ROM. The only way I could get the phone to play recorded video was to use the "review" function from within the camera app itself. Later, I loaded the codec file someone posted on WoZZer's ROM thread which seemed to work and I could then open them with wmplayer with no errors, but both the audio and video were extremely choppy.

By default, using Adrynalyne's ROM, the 3g2 files are unassociated to a player and weren't opening for me either. All I did was fire up Resco (or similar) and choose "open with" to reassociate the files to wmplayer.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:36 PM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

Thanks for the info. What was the file you added to make it work?

I used Syakr to remove Touch Player, it may very well have axed a needed codec.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: i910
Carrier: verizon

veja74 is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: Adrynalyne's Base and M2D ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrynalyne View Post
I will probably have to make a cab for it. Give me some time, I have to hunt down all the files and registry entries.

Thanks so much, I appreciate and I will just continue lurking till it is available...
Old 04-28-2009, 02:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: i910 Omnia

Omega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Omega Ra

yeah I think you nixed a codec. I just took a video to test and it is the 3g2 or whatever, I had to associate it with wmplayer.exe and then it says "file format is invalid"

edit: the same for .avi files as well...

EDIT 2: I even downloaded TCPMP and it crashes when I try to start it. And TCPMP worked for playing the same file on Wozzer's. Want me to attach the crash.txt file from TCPMP?

Last edited by Omega Ra; 04-28-2009 at 03:16 PM.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:33 PM
Lurker

bkd11 is a n00b

Thanks for the rom. I am pretty new at this but I flashed with no problems. Great work!

I was just wondering if anybody else has had problems with the bluetooth with this rom. I have a usb bluetooth dongle that I use with my computer to transfer files back and forth. Before I was able to use ftp, serial port, and other bluetooth services using IVT blueSoleil software. Now I can't for the life of me get it to connect even though it pairs just fine. I tried flashing back to the stock "beta" rom and I was able to connect, even though on my phone it said not connected. Also with my car stereo, I am able to connect but cannot access my phonebook through the radio, which I was able to do before.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: SCH-i910
Carrier: VZW

headstrong is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrynalyne View Post
Thanks for the info. What was the file you added to make it work?

I used Syakr to remove Touch Player, it may very well have axed a needed codec.

Here is the codec pack that I installed on top of WoZZer's ROM to get 3g2 files to open and play in wmplayer. Rather big install, fortunately I haven't had the need for it on your ROM since they (3g2 files) open fine without it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip WMP_Q8_All_Codec.zip (2.09 MB, 14 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-28-2009, 03:53 PM
The Pusher
Threadstarter

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

Ok--I'll take a look at it later. Thanks.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:54 PM
The Pusher
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Ra View Post
yeah I think you nixed a codec. I just took a video to test and it is the 3g2 or whatever, I had to associate it with wmplayer.exe and then it says "file format is invalid"

edit: the same for .avi files as well...

EDIT 2: I even downloaded TCPMP and it crashes when I try to start it. And TCPMP worked for playing the same file on Wozzer's. Want me to attach the crash.txt file from TCPMP?

Yes, please.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:55 PM
The Pusher
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkd11 View Post
Thanks for the rom. I am pretty new at this but I flashed with no problems. Great work!

I was just wondering if anybody else has had problems with the bluetooth with this rom. I have a usb bluetooth dongle that I use with my computer to transfer files back and forth. Before I was able to use ftp, serial port, and other bluetooth services using IVT blueSoleil software. Now I can't for the life of me get it to connect even though it pairs just fine. I tried flashing back to the stock "beta" rom and I was able to connect, even though on my phone it said not connected. Also with my car stereo, I am able to connect but cannot access my phonebook through the radio, which I was able to do before.
I've not had any issues. Are you getting errors? I sync and transfer files fine to and fro my phone via BT. Can anyone else verify BT problems?
Old 04-28-2009, 04:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: i910 Omnia

Omega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Omega Ra

i got the videos working. i just updated m library while in wmp and they work.
Attached Files
File Type: txt crash.txt (7.9 KB, 9 views) Click for barcode!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia > Omnia Development