PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2009, 01:29 PM
KsJuggalo

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: 6.5 Cease and Desist

i spose im a lil late wit this reply. But thanx for the legwork tsowen!
Years ago when i was heavy into IRC we had an issue similar to this. Sum guy decided to start reporting our websites as Warez Sites to the free host providers. Bout the time we get a new site runnin theyd kill it. This guy kept ir up for months. Had sum prety "heated" IRC "fights". Buncha pisst of users, etc etc. Long story short we kept doin what we were doin, and eventualy decided to buy sum webspace. Through patience and perseverance we prevailed!

Good to see the ppc community doin the same. Im new to the whole scene but am very impressed with the way yall work and stick 2gether.

Dont let these idiots with too much time on their hands bully you/us around. Guys like tsowen are a valuable asset to us. He "took the bull by the horns" and got a straight answer.

I hope sumday i can provide even half of what he provides here. i see his name all over ppcgeeks and xda.

Ok im down off my soap box now. Wuz meant to be a quich "thanx n way to go!" Sorry for the long windedness!

This place frickin ROX
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-02-2009, 02:46 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

We received another takedown notice, and after some communications with James Young, he referred me to J.K. Weston at Microsoft with a legit @microsoft.com email address. This is an email I got from Mr. Weston:

Quote:
Dear Mr. Russell,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft directly. Yes, in fact, it is a legitimate communication being sent by Mr. Young at the direction of Microsoft. We are aware of the recent buzz and misrepresentation around the legitimacy of these communications, but I assure you the information out there is simply inaccurate. Going forward, please consider all communications you receive from “@Microsoft-antipiracy.com” as legitimate, and be assured they are being sent at the express direction of Microsoft Corporation.

At any time, you are more than welcome to contact me directly for any additional information or verification and I’ll be more than happy to respond accordingly. We appreciate your concerns and your support in processing our takedown requests.

Sincerely,

J.K. Weston
Legal and Corporate Affairs
Microsoft Corporation, USA
Old 04-02-2009, 04:28 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
We received another takedown notice, and after some communications with James Young, he referred me to J.K. Weston at Microsoft with a legit @microsoft.com email address. This is an email I got from Mr. Weston:
Doesn't make sense because I contacted Microsoft direct and well you have the original email from them saying no such guy as James Young who works for them nor the email address he used being legit. Did you get a phone number to talk to someone direct? Did you talk to that Supervisor referenced in the email I sent you?
Old 04-02-2009, 04:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Is it possible that this J.K. Weston is actually a Microsoft Employee that is doing this without the consent of Microsoft? Or it could be possible that the Microsoft email address was compromised. I hope it's not true.

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:47 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

I had someone from MS look up JK Weston and they gave me a phone number, fax, and confirmed her email address. I called the number and it is for Judy Weston, LCA (Legal and Corporate Affairs)...that's even what the voicemail says.

Mike got a call from her back in January and talked to her. Since he's the site owner I'm going to leave it up to him since its his site, I just help run it lol.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:49 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

I don't know it doesn't make sense because I had called there Security Department and spoke over the phone and gave them the web address that had the takedown notice published at XDA, the female put me on hold while she could get her Supervisor to verify everything and look the letter over. Then came back and said it was not real, the email address wasn't real and it was missing other information, She sent me everything through email per our phone conversation and provided the phone number of her Supervisor. So now I am confused, do they not know who works for them lol or are they confused. They even said they do not have a James Young that works in that Department lol..... man gotta love Microsoft right?
Old 04-02-2009, 04:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Kinda ironic after Indagroove's April Fool's Joke. Way to jinx us man....
Old 04-02-2009, 04:54 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g
Threadstarter

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

Untill u get a legit call, screw it.

Old 04-02-2009, 04:59 PM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP

The way i see it is screw them. By the time they take you to court the real version will already be release and they have no ground. 6.5 rock on **** Microsoft. They need to learn to work with us. We are the ones that are buying there damn sofware
Minnesota Militia/Touch Pro Division
Old 04-02-2009, 05:01 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g
Threadstarter

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

Yea i am going to be perfectly honest with you, I think we are too compliant. If we get a legit DCMA then...

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives