View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 02:46 PM
mindfrost82
Retired Staff

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82
Re: 6.5 Cease and Desist

We received another takedown notice, and after some communications with James Young, he referred me to J.K. Weston at Microsoft with a legit @microsoft.com email address. This is an email I got from Mr. Weston:

Quote:
Dear Mr. Russell,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft directly. Yes, in fact, it is a legitimate communication being sent by Mr. Young at the direction of Microsoft. We are aware of the recent buzz and misrepresentation around the legitimacy of these communications, but I assure you the information out there is simply inaccurate. Going forward, please consider all communications you receive from “@Microsoft-antipiracy.com” as legitimate, and be assured they are being sent at the express direction of Microsoft Corporation.

At any time, you are more than welcome to contact me directly for any additional information or verification and I’ll be more than happy to respond accordingly. We appreciate your concerns and your support in processing our takedown requests.

Sincerely,

J.K. Weston
Legal and Corporate Affairs
Microsoft Corporation, USA