PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2009, 05:03 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82
Re: 6.5 Cease and Desist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hafrust View Post
Kinda ironic after Indagroove's April Fool's Joke. Way to jinx us man....
Wanna know something funny? That's the thread that got the takedown notice!!! Here.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:07 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

Sent you the email again MindFrost I would contact that Supervisor and talk to her she was the one that verrified everything with the female I was on the phone with. Could be legit or could not be, who knows could be James Youngs friend. You would think that the Department I spoke with would know the microsoft-antipiracy.com or James Young. I am sure they have a GAL (Global Address List) with employ's email address or someway of looking these things up unless he was contracted out through Microsoft but then why would his IP address have been from UK and other things that just didn't add up.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:10 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Oh man, I hope I didn't jinx us with the april fools joke.

JK Weston does seem legit:

http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyrtinfrg.htm
Old 04-02-2009, 06:30 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
Wanna know something funny? That's the thread that got the takedown notice!!! Here.
So, wait Frosty...

Are you saying that only my rom got the takedown notice?? WTF?? Why would they only target me, and not the other dozen 6.5 roms?? I mean, I know that mine is the best and all but wtf??
Old 04-02-2009, 06:39 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
So, wait Frosty...

I mean, I know that mine is the best and all but wtf??
LMAO! Classic...
Old 04-02-2009, 06:41 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

This is seriously a bunch of hogwash. Why MS? Us customers have stuck with them through thick and thin and have fixed up their slack. Someone here once said "If they send us anything it should be a thank you letter and a donation". The chefs here clean up the mess that MS left in Windows Mobile. And they show their appreciation by sending take-down notices? We should all teach them a lesson and ditch WinMo for Android or iPhone, then they won't feel so easy about bossing around the customers...lol.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:46 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

I have a feeling this is a continuation of an April Fools Day joke.

Honestly, legal notices should NEVER be sent out in the few days before and after 4/1 because you might begin to question their legitmacy
Old 04-02-2009, 06:47 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Ok, wait... I am confused. On that page that groove linked to, it says this:

NOTE: THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS PROVIDED EXCLUSIVELY FOR NOTIFYING THE SERVICE PROVIDERS REFERENCED BELOW THAT YOUR COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL MAY HAVE BEEN INFRINGED. ALL OTHER INQUIRIES, SUCH AS REQUESTS FOR TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE, REPORTS OF EMAIL ABUSE, AND PIRACY REPORTS, WILL NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE THROUGH THIS PROCESS.

Take a good, long look at what I highlighted in yellow. To me, that says that if it is a claim of piracy that J.K. Weston is NOT the person to contact. Therefore, I can't see why J.K. Weston would be contacting people about piracy issues.

Also, microsoft-antipiracy.com resolves to 195.112.5.204, which is in the UK (as tsowen pointed out). Sure, I have no doubt that Microsoft has an office in the UK, but the RIPE lookup shows the IP address is part of only a class C and is registered to Pipex Internet.

http://www.db.ripe.net/whois?form_ty..._search=Search

This all just makes no sense.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

nanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

look guys, this all just mis communication within the company

perfect example

i called sprint retentions to ***** and moan and file a complaint about my local sprint stores not answering their phone numbers. SPRINT HAD NO WAY OF CONTACTING THEIR OWN RETAIL STORES

IT WAS SO FUNNY LOL

you would think that corporate sprint could get ahold of of their own retail stores

they dialed the # i was dialing on 3-way with me and noone picked up lol.

so what im getting at.... maybe it is a real take down, just some people know about it and some don't. The departments don't communicate with each other. It is a huge company you know... staff might be acting on there own according to there job title and job description.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Tab

kyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I know blasphemous_prime was super upset when he thought I was trying to sell roms, it was before he knew it was a joke and he sent me a PM ripping me a new 1.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives