PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2009, 06:53 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 6.5 Cease and Desist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrumo View Post
I know blasphemous_prime was super upset when he thought I was trying to sell roms, it was before he knew it was a joke and he sent me a PM ripping me a new 1.
I think the mods are just trying to April 2nd us.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:53 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanoware View Post
look guys, this all just mis communication within the company

perfect example

i called sprint retentions to ***** and moan and file a complaint about my local sprint stores not answering their phone numbers. SPRINT HAD NO WAY OF CONTACTING THEIR OWN RETAIL STORES

IT WAS SO FUNNY LOL

you would think that corporate sprint could get ahold of of their own retail stores

they dialed the # i was dialing on 3-way with me and noone picked up lol.

so what im getting at.... maybe it is a real take down, just some people know about it and some don't. The departments don't communicate with each other. It is a huge company you know... staff might be acting on there own according to there job title and job description.
This is exactly my thinking as well. Whether or not James Young is legit or not, Judy Weston is legit and she verified the notice. I haven't taken any action yet because I'm waiting for Mike.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:54 PM
Retired Staff

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
So, wait Frosty...

Are you saying that only my rom got the takedown notice?? WTF?? Why would they only target me, and not the other dozen 6.5 roms?? I mean, I know that mine is the best and all but wtf??
This is how they've been doing it for some odd reason. When we get a takedown notice, they only link specific posts or threads. The link I provided earlier is the exact link in the email, which goes to your ROM thread.

I don't think they can just say "take down all of the WM6.5 ROMs". I think they have to provide specific links to things to take down.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

ap90033 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
We received another takedown notice, and after some communications with James Young, he referred me to J.K. Weston at Microsoft with a legit @microsoft.com email address. This is an email I got from Mr. Weston:
Cmon we just got April Fooled and we were all crying like babies...
Old 04-02-2009, 10:18 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap90033 View Post
Cmon we just got April Fooled and we were all crying like babies...
This is not a joke, I wouldn't joke about something like this.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:44 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Quote:
Microsoft is 3 years behind Apple in area of smartphones (first multi-touch phones powered by Windows Mobile are expected in 2010 and Apple had them in 2007) and Apple has bigger market share in smartphones than Windows Mobile (achieved in a very short time of 2 years only!), so at least Microsoft should avoid upsetting people who are enthusiastic about their products...
Yup, that is true.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:05 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Ok guys, I can vouch for this.
As much as I want to believe this is a joke, its not. We have a serious problem on our hands.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:09 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

PM me and I'll host the roms on my FTP server... strictly for archiving purposes, of course...
Old 04-02-2009, 11:11 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
PM me and I'll host the roms on my FTP server... strictly for archiving purposes, of course...
They really can't stop ROM sharing. It'll just go underground and be distributed via Torrents and whatnot.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:12 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
The thing is, they're not targeting the actual downloads (atleast not here, one of the letters to a member at XDA was for the hosting site of a ROM).

All of the letters we have received have been to the threads/posts that contain the download links. Whether the links are on our FTP or Rapidshare, etc doesn't seem to matter.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives