PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2009, 10:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Whom ever I choose.

king_tee is keeping up the good workking_tee is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Need help quick to decide Droid or keep my tp2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnght_J View Post
ok well i chickened out on my first attempt to swap they were all ready to do it but i still have some questions. I asked the sales agent if he could do a soft reset on it so it would be like out of the box. it was real slugish at the store prob had every free app loaded on it from all the customers tinkering with them. Well he had about as much knowledge on the droid as the butterfinger candy bar he was chewing while trying to talk to me. WTH... I found scrolling on the browser sluggish. I need to know if anyone out there can find a way to listen to this link its to 107.5 The Game http://gateway.andohs.net/player/?sid=2993&nid=2920, its a radio station about football and other USC sports and ect. I have to listen to it online where i live now because it doesnt reach here at the beach. Also it looks like there may be an issue with the rockrer switch getting reall lose or breaking maybe but this is the store model..... Also the key board is a lil small and look like it may ware away under some serious texting . I thank you for your replys lol im on the wall ready to fall to a side. Also can the droid tesxt to speech for sms and im messages like the TP2. just wondering its no deal breaker but the radio station is.
Yes it can do text to speech using this program called handcent sms. When you receive a text a pop up window will show the text and some options under it. All you would to is press the microphone and it will read the text back to you. You also can speak a text message and it will type it out for you, all you would have to to is press send. It also has text to speech under the default settings.

You can also do a factory reset under settings>privacy then start all over by logging into your google account.

Trust me just give it a try im sure your gonna like it. I was on windows mobile for a long time too but once i gave Android a try i was glad i did. Its waaaaaayyyy ahead of WM in its present form.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: DROID
Carrier: Verizon/Alltel
Threadstarter

Midnght_J is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Midnght_J Send a message via Yahoo to Midnght_J

HAs anyone had success with the radio link with a droid? I can listen to it using IE on my tp2. that could be a deal breaker maybe.... http://gateway.andohs.net/player/?sid=2993&nid=2920

Last edited by Midnght_J; 12-22-2009 at 12:07 AM.
Old 12-22-2009, 01:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon

jrodizzkool01 is keeping up the good workjrodizzkool01 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnght_J View Post
HAs anyone had success with the radio link with a droid? I can listen to it using IE on my tp2. that could be a deal breaker maybe.... http://gateway.andohs.net/player/?sid=2993&nid=2920
website works but can't listen to the radio
Old 12-22-2009, 01:06 AM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I think I found it, but they werent playing anything when I went to the site so I couldnt compare the one you linked to the one I found on my phone to confirm that they were the same. I use an online radio player called "A Online Radio" it allows you to search and play pretty much any online radio station.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Old 12-22-2009, 01:07 AM
That guy with the axe

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrodizzkool01 View Post
website works but can't listen to the radio
I went to the link on my laptop too,even thought it said something was playing no audio was coming through.
Old 12-22-2009, 02:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon/Alltel
Threadstarter

Midnght_J is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Midnght_J Send a message via Yahoo to Midnght_J

yeah sometimes it takes a sec or two to buffer and start but i can listen to it on my laptop and my tp2 using ie but not the new opera does ie have some sort of flash or somthing similar that allows it to work? i just duno but if i can find a way to get it on the droid working in any way im sold...
Old 12-22-2009, 04:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Maverick0984 is keeping up the good workMaverick0984 is keeping up the good work

Even if it doesn't work, some random radio station shouldn't be a deal breaker. The phones are night and day. This should be a no brainer :-/

To each his own I guess.
Old 12-22-2009, 05:29 AM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Its like going to the tp2 forum with a Droid saying ya wanna make the switch to the tp, Everyone will tell you yes because the tp2 is better, then here they will say the droid is better...........

I PERSONALY have a buddy with the droid, and although the OS is nice, Im just a Winmo fan, And the keyboard sucks bads on the droid... I also found I use the Tilt alot more than I thought I would.........

I THINK there pretty close and you wouldnt go wrong either way......... I want the best phone out also, and for me, its the tp2 for now..........
Old 12-22-2009, 10:48 AM
That guy with the axe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
Its like going to the tp2 forum with a Droid saying ya wanna make the switch to the tp, Everyone will tell you yes because the tp2 is better, then here they will say the droid is better...........

I PERSONALY have a buddy with the droid, and although the OS is nice, Im just a Winmo fan, And the keyboard sucks bads on the droid... I also found I use the Tilt alot more than I thought I would.........

I THINK there pretty close and you wouldnt go wrong either way......... I want the best phone out also, and for me, its the tp2 for now..........
Well put. There is no phone thats perfect for everyone. In my opinion the Droid is the best thing out there, if I didnt think that, I would have bought the TP2 which was the same price. Droid does what I want and how I want it to do it, but what you want could very well be exactly opposite. As crazy as it may seem to the rest of us, if access to a single online radio station is the most important feature for your phone selection, then you must get the phone that plays your radio station and does it well. As far as hardware, the only thing I dont like about the TP2 is the resistive touch screen, I'll never have another resistive touch screen device. The main thing that turned me away from the TP2 though was WM, WM can do a lot of things, but I was tired of fighting with the operating system to convince it that it could do those things lol.

Last edited by breakmyfootoff; 12-22-2009 at 11:01 AM.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid 2

tvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff View Post
Well put. There is no phone thats perfect for everyone. In my opinion the Droid is the best thing out there, if I didnt think that, I would have bought the TP2 which was the same price. Droid does what I want and how I want it to do it, but what you want could very well be exactly opposite. As crazy as it may seem to the rest of us, if access to a single online radio station is the most important feature for your phone selection, then you must get the phone that plays your radio station and does it well. As far as hardware, the only thing I dont like about the TP2 is the resistive touch screen, I'll never have another resistive touch screen device. The main thing that turned me away from the TP2 though was WM, WM can do a lot of things, but I was tired of fighting with the operating system to convince it that it could do those things lol.
I agree. I had the TP2 for a month and was running almost every custom rom in the upgrades forum at one point or another. Yeah I loved the weather animations on the home screen with sense 2.1 and 2.5, and TF3D is cool, but I couldn't handle the sluggish WinMo OS and it all got old after using it for a while. I had it tweaked to the max with performance cabs and it just didn't cut it. I got to the point where I just wanted everything to work right without having to fix things... and then have fix what the previous fix screwed up somewhere else. It was very fast for a Windows phone, but a snail compared to the Droid. The keyboard was very nice, but the phone is also about 3/4" thick and I never used the tilt feature except to clean under the screen. I hated the resistive screen (granted it is far better than many others). There's just a different feel with capacitive screens. To me, one of the most important things was the seemless transitioning between screens and programs. The droid has transition animations for everything. I was like most other WinMo users thinking that nothing could match it's potential for customization. I was dead set that the TP2 was the best... until I was at the VZW store and started messing with the Droid and Eris. The Eris froze up on me as soon as I picked it up so I discounted it right away. What sold it for me on the Droid was: The SPEED, awesome screen, built in free turn-by-turn nav, e-compass, thinness, the transition animations between screens/programs, and all of the apps I could get on the market that don't need tweaking to work perfectly. Oh and the battery last longer.
I'm not knocking the TP2. It's a great device. I just like stability and speed so it was not for me.

Last edited by tvandyck7; 12-22-2009 at 12:44 PM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid