king_tee
PPCGeeks Regular

king_tee is keeping up the good workking_tee is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Need help quick to decide Droid or keep my tp2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnght_J View Post
ok well i chickened out on my first attempt to swap they were all ready to do it but i still have some questions. I asked the sales agent if he could do a soft reset on it so it would be like out of the box. it was real slugish at the store prob had every free app loaded on it from all the customers tinkering with them. Well he had about as much knowledge on the droid as the butterfinger candy bar he was chewing while trying to talk to me. WTH... I found scrolling on the browser sluggish. I need to know if anyone out there can find a way to listen to this link its to 107.5 The Game http://gateway.andohs.net/player/?sid=2993&nid=2920, its a radio station about football and other USC sports and ect. I have to listen to it online where i live now because it doesnt reach here at the beach. Also it looks like there may be an issue with the rockrer switch getting reall lose or breaking maybe but this is the store model..... Also the key board is a lil small and look like it may ware away under some serious texting . I thank you for your replys lol im on the wall ready to fall to a side. Also can the droid tesxt to speech for sms and im messages like the TP2. just wondering its no deal breaker but the radio station is.
Yes it can do text to speech using this program called handcent sms. When you receive a text a pop up window will show the text and some options under it. All you would to is press the microphone and it will read the text back to you. You also can speak a text message and it will type it out for you, all you would have to to is press send. It also has text to speech under the default settings.

You can also do a factory reset under settings>privacy then start all over by logging into your google account.

Trust me just give it a try im sure your gonna like it. I was on windows mobile for a long time too but once i gave Android a try i was glad i did. Its waaaaaayyyy ahead of WM in its present form.

This post has been thanked 1 times.