View Single Post
Old 12-22-2009, 12:10 PM
tvandyck7
Regular 'Geeker

tvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Need help quick to decide Droid or keep my tp2

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff View Post
Well put. There is no phone thats perfect for everyone. In my opinion the Droid is the best thing out there, if I didnt think that, I would have bought the TP2 which was the same price. Droid does what I want and how I want it to do it, but what you want could very well be exactly opposite. As crazy as it may seem to the rest of us, if access to a single online radio station is the most important feature for your phone selection, then you must get the phone that plays your radio station and does it well. As far as hardware, the only thing I dont like about the TP2 is the resistive touch screen, I'll never have another resistive touch screen device. The main thing that turned me away from the TP2 though was WM, WM can do a lot of things, but I was tired of fighting with the operating system to convince it that it could do those things lol.
I agree. I had the TP2 for a month and was running almost every custom rom in the upgrades forum at one point or another. Yeah I loved the weather animations on the home screen with sense 2.1 and 2.5, and TF3D is cool, but I couldn't handle the sluggish WinMo OS and it all got old after using it for a while. I had it tweaked to the max with performance cabs and it just didn't cut it. I got to the point where I just wanted everything to work right without having to fix things... and then have fix what the previous fix screwed up somewhere else. It was very fast for a Windows phone, but a snail compared to the Droid. The keyboard was very nice, but the phone is also about 3/4" thick and I never used the tilt feature except to clean under the screen. I hated the resistive screen (granted it is far better than many others). There's just a different feel with capacitive screens. To me, one of the most important things was the seemless transitioning between screens and programs. The droid has transition animations for everything. I was like most other WinMo users thinking that nothing could match it's potential for customization. I was dead set that the TP2 was the best... until I was at the VZW store and started messing with the Droid and Eris. The Eris froze up on me as soon as I picked it up so I discounted it right away. What sold it for me on the Droid was: The SPEED, awesome screen, built in free turn-by-turn nav, e-compass, thinness, the transition animations between screens/programs, and all of the apps I could get on the market that don't need tweaking to work perfectly. Oh and the battery last longer.
I'm not knocking the TP2. It's a great device. I just like stability and speed so it was not for me.

Last edited by tvandyck7; 12-22-2009 at 12:44 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.