PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Manila / TF3D Tweaks
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2009, 10:59 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TF3D HD port 1/23/09 update

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat boy View Post
Landscape is in beta and I am testing now! this is GREAT news.
Yep! Looking good all around. My happy joy perfect life wish list for you is

- landscape
- bundle calendar tab in (nice to have)
- CFC compressed

Is the current 1.8.1 CFC compressed?
Old 01-25-2009, 11:05 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2, TP, Touch, Rant, Rumor: on 9 lines
Carrier: Sprint Business plan
Threadstarter

fat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
Yep! Looking good all around. My happy joy perfect life wish list for you is

- landscape
- bundle calendar tab in (nice to have)
- CFC compressed

Is the current 1.8.1 CFC compressed?
All these items and more are being worked on and tested. I really can't speak about 1.8.1 I don't use it. But yes I think it is compressed and that is its main feature, beaware there are some issues with 1.8.1

My happy joy perfect life is for someone to occasionally say thanks to some of my posts. This has taken a ton of my time.

(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Sept 20| 21916| Sense 2.5|Cookie 2.0-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
EDC: htc TP2, Rohrbaugh R9 Stealth, Dereelight C2H, Pocket Bible NASB, Leatherman Squirt

Last edited by fat boy; 01-25-2009 at 11:16 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:19 AM
morsus mihi

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Ok, if you're gonna BEG for thanks
Old 01-25-2009, 11:22 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

fat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
Ok, if you're gonna BEG for thanks
Thanks coming from you this means a lot more.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

ajskhan is becoming a great contributor

Thanks are free, and thanks to you I check this post frequently, and agree- you've put in a lot of work. GREAT JOB! Many more thanks comin' your way.
Old 01-25-2009, 02:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

silverD16y71996 is just getting started

fat boy, just a quick synopsis. using a stock Sprint rom..

1. your using the first version with all the update only not the 1.8 version..page 1 ?

2. the weather tab has a fix...?

3. do you know if you can still change out the task bar icons...?

4. if the HD set not working correctly you can uninstall by do a hard reset..this will take the phone back to the stock TF3d.

5 deleting the weather cab in post 144 will fix adding you city..?

6. installing "hd additional cab" will make the customizing tab not work, but you ca change the tab in the manila file itself..

not to sound like a total noob. im looking into this and might do it. just want to be able to customize my phone the same way with the stock set up...

thanks fatboy
Old 01-25-2009, 04:17 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverD16y71996 View Post
fat boy, just a quick synopsis. using a stock Sprint rom..

1. your using the first version with all the update only not the 1.8 version..page 1 ?

2. the weather tab has a fix...?

3. do you know if you can still change out the task bar icons...?

4. if the HD set not working correctly you can uninstall by do a hard reset..this will take the phone back to the stock TF3d.

5 deleting the weather cab in post 144 will fix adding you city..?

6. installing "hd additional cab" will make the customizing tab not work, but you ca change the tab in the manila file itself..

not to sound like a total noob. im looking into this and might do it. just want to be able to customize my phone the same way with the stock set up...

thanks fatboy
1. I am using XBoxmod version. First 1.7 than the additional tabs, then the 1.8 update and lastly the Autoloader Fix. All the files are in the first post. I am NOT using Dharveys 1.8.1 compressed file.

2. Yes its a manila file that you have to manually install to the windows folder and its best to use Total Commander for this.

3. XBoxmod shows a screen shot in the first post that has task bar changes so yes, BUT I briefly tried and had a failure and have not attempted again.

4. Yes a hard reset wipes everything out and start all over. But you can do an unistall on 1.7 by reinstalling it.

5. correct delete the file BEFORE you go to the weather tab and all should be good to go.

6. Correct the "Tab Editor" is then gone and I use TF3D Config for customizing the tabs with no problem.

Being a Noob is fine and those are fine question....others hopefully will be help by the answers.

Last edited by fat boy; 01-25-2009 at 04:20 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-25-2009, 05:23 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Another feature that is on the way is an expanded multi appointment home tab. Instead of just one or two we now have six appointment but only 4 can really be seen. this does NOT work with backgrounds4all.cab so you will have to currently uninstall that before use. It still only show appointments 24 hour out but hopefully this feature is going to continue to get worked out to have upto 10 appointments all able to see and out for a weeks schedule. If you wish to use it now than copy the attached manila file to your windows folder AFTER you unistall background4all.cab. If you are using this HD version you will actually need to install it first then uninstall it. Sorry I hope that made sense. OR better yet just wait till we get the feature functioning the way we want with HD and Background4all.cab

Attached Files
File Type: zip 1c684cd8_manila.zip (14.6 KB, 11 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by fat boy; 01-25-2009 at 05:30 PM.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:18 PM
morsus mihi

Well, I'm going to just watch from the sidelines and cheer for now, but you're in the Red Zone already. Go ahead and punch it in for the score

Seriously, this is looking very nice. I've been a TF3D user for, er, about 20 hours now, and this looks to address all the things I don't like about it

If your luck is anything like mine (back when I used to spend way too much time doing HTCs/Microsoft's jobs for free) just about when you get it perfect we'll get an OEM ROM update. Sigh. Admit it though, you do enjoy the poking around part...
Old 01-25-2009, 07:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Blitzed26 is keeping up the good workBlitzed26 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat boy View Post
Use Total commander and copy and paste all files into windows. You will need to overwrite and then soft reset. Sorry I don't know how to make cabs.
thanks desert, I should've put that right in post 144, I have now updated it.
Anyone else having trouble getting the red theme to work. I just copied and pasted all the files in this zip to my windows directory. (overwrite all of them).

Only a few items are red, but not the majority. Am I missing something?

Edit: I am pretty sure it was mentioned earlier, but I too can't change the wallpaper either.

Last edited by Blitzed26; 01-25-2009 at 08:25 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Manila / TF3D Tweaks