PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Manila / TF3D Tweaks

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2009, 08:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2, TP, Touch, Rant, Rumor: on 9 lines
Carrier: Sprint Business plan
Threadstarter

fat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TF3D HD port w/landscape 1/28/09 update

Thanks for the information on how HD works(or doesn't work) on juicy's rom, this will help others. And thanks for staying on topic, as much as possible.

(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Sept 20| 21916| Sense 2.5|Cookie 2.0-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
EDC: htc TP2, Rohrbaugh R9 Stealth, Dereelight C2H, Pocket Bible NASB, Leatherman Squirt
Old 01-31-2009, 10:08 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

fat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by badutahboy View Post
Here you go... I'm talking about the color of the tab on the slider bar...

Mine:

Yours:
Ok I've taken a look at this and I don't understand why it is not coming up for you, the manila file is in the zip. It is file 09efd6fa_manila and I see it with manila editor. Can you guys take a look at your zip file to see this is there and then look at the one in your windows folder to make sure they match.

Last edited by fat boy; 01-31-2009 at 11:05 AM.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:26 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

For those who want the matching red highlight globe here is the cab. Thanks to Darrin for helping a bro out.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Globe.cab (128.2 KB, 30 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by fat boy; 01-31-2009 at 10:46 AM.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:32 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

These reg edits work with HD if you wish to change your menu highlight colors.

Change background and highlight color in start menu in TF3D
use reg editor to go to HKLM\Software\HTC\EnlargeMenu
edit the keys for ManilaCustomHlUp and ManilaCustomHlDown to decimal number 240, 140 or 91 (that will be a dark red) to change the highlight color.
Create a png file in a graphic program sized 2pixel by 2pixel in the color you want your background, save as 24bt and name it what you want... put it in windows folder on your phone and then edit the key CustomManilaTexture to point to that file...
Then edit your registry
HKLM\Software\HTC\EnlargeMenu\CustomManilaTexture\ edit key to say \WINDOWS\pattern_2_2.png or whatever the name of the file is.

For the taskmanager drop down point the custom texture file to the same pattern_2_2.png you pointed to in the startmenu...
HKCU\Software\HTC\TaskManager\ManilaCustomTexture point to \WINDOWS\ pattern_2_2.png

If you want to make it gradiant you can put two different colors for UP and DOWN. Black works good.
Attached Files
File Type: zip pattern_2_2.zip (241 Bytes, 17 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by fat boy; 01-31-2009 at 10:46 AM.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:35 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Some of you may be looking to change your Volume color, no suprise I like red and this works with HD. Here is a file with Blue, Green, Hot Pink, Orange, Pink, Purple, Red, Yellow, Vista Green, and Vista Blue. Enjoy.
Attached Files
File Type: rar ChangeVolumeColor.rar (1.18 MB, 44 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by fat boy; 01-31-2009 at 10:45 AM.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:37 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Some of you have been wondering if the taskbar icons work with HD, well yes they do. Below is the link and just follow the instructions to the letter. I had no problems installing or running on HD. This is for everything you see in my taskbar including the battery meter change which seems to work perfectly with HD.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=54514

BIG thanks to Tsowen, Juggalo, Brock1909, and HTCLeener you guys are great and thanks for sharing.

Last edited by fat boy; 02-08-2009 at 01:07 AM.
Old 01-31-2009, 11:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: G1
Carrier: TMO

rpmccormick is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat boy View Post
Some of you may be looking to change your Volume color, no suprise I like red and this works with HD. Here is a file with Blue, Green, Hot Pink, Orange, Pink, Purple, Red, Yellow, Vista Green, and Vista Blue. Enjoy.
FYI: I used S2U2 for volume control (see pic). You can change the colors in that easily by modifying the vcbar.png in the PF\S2U2\gfx folder.

The CDMA black dialer you linked to is working awesome! Which leads me to some questions:

1) Is there a way to change the background image in the black dialer to be the same as my TF3D desktop?

2) Same question about background in Comm Manager and Sounds (not the tabs, ...if you launch them from the settings tab)

3) Has anyone been able to get the multiple-appointments on home screen working with background-on-all-tabs yet? Also, how do make it show the next appointment even if it is more than week away (like change that to a month instead of a week?

4) Is there a way to remove the Call History link from the home-tab? I use the call-history-tab and never use that link. I would rather the links on my home-tab were as follows:
New Voice-Mail (if new voicemail)
Calendar (if no appointments)
Appointment 1 (if exists within 1 month)
Appointment 2 (if exists within 1 month)
Appointment 3 (if exists within 1 month)
Appointment 4 (if exists within 1 month)
Appointment 5 (if exists within 1 month)

5) Lastly, I just through of this... could we add Tasks to this list as well as appointments?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg dial.jpg (43.8 KB, 49 views) Click for barcode!
Telus v1.04.05V Radio

Last edited by rpmccormick; 01-31-2009 at 11:29 AM.
Old 01-31-2009, 11:38 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmccormick View Post
1) Is there a way to change the background image in the black dialer to be the same as my TF3D desktop?

2) Same question about background in Comm Manager and Sounds (not the tabs, ...if you launch them from the settings tab)

3) Has anyone been able to get the multiple-appointments on home screen working with background-on-all-tabs yet? Also, how do make it show the next appointment even if it is more than week away (like change that to a month instead of a week?

4) Is there a way to remove the Call History link from the home-tab? I use the call-history-tab and never use that link. I would rather the links on my home-tab were as follows:
New Voice-Mail (if new voicemail)
Calendar (if no appointments)
Appointment 1 (if exists within 1 month)
Appointment 2 (if exists within 1 month)
Appointment 3 (if exists within 1 month)
Appointment 4 (if exists within 1 month)
Appointment 5 (if exists within 1 month)

5) Lastly, I just through of this... could we add Tasks to this list as well as appointments?
1. That should be asked in the dialer thread not here, and I don't know.
2. Yes by editing or swaping manila files that are compatible, you'll have to search its not in this thread.
3. No you can't yet that is what XBOXmod is doing this weekend and will soon be released, he is actually done with this aspect and is testing. Unlikely that we will get a week out but lets wait a see the upgrade.
4 I've seen a way to make it invisible but not go away, check the "Post your Screen" in the touch pro forums to find you answer more.
5. no I don't believe so, or at least till some one figures out how.

Last edited by fat boy; 01-31-2009 at 11:41 AM.
Old 01-31-2009, 11:40 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Well, I've been running this for a day or so, and just wanted to report in - dunno if I had borked something with the shipped/rom TF3d when I installed some custom icons, but that thing used to crash and restart all the time. THIS version has not crashed/restarted even once. Love it!
Old 01-31-2009, 11:44 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
Well, I've been running this for a day or so, and just wanted to report in - dunno if I had borked something with the shipped/rom TF3d when I installed some custom icons, but that thing used to crash and restart all the time. THIS version has not crashed/restarted even once. Love it!
Thats great news, thanks
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Manila / TF3D Tweaks