PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which messaging client do you prefer?
HTC Messaging 9 47.37%
Stock WM Messaging 10 52.63%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2011, 03:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio. Project Teya 1.8/HTC thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

gokudre is keeping up the good workgokudre is keeping up the good workgokudre is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] Project: Teya 1.6.0 [11-Mar-2011]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart518 View Post
Thanks buddy!

@gokudre: What do you think?

Looks good. i like the weather forcast for future days at the bottom.. perfect.. =)
Old 03-18-2011, 07:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon Imagio

jlh11364 is becoming a great contributor

Hate to be a stickler. However, on the stanard weather page, if you double tap the weather symbol, you get the five day forecast. I would recommend that this is an option. if it is on the screen all the time, it eats into memory usage correct?
Old 03-18-2011, 09:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio

nordicpc is a n00b

I'm really happy with 1.6 so far, after a few reboots. I couldn't get Windows Marketplace apps to install at first, but that worked itself out. Everything else seems good, including battery life and performance.

One interesting note: my text messages are backed up to my inbox if I use the MS messaging client, but not if I use the HTC one. I'm sure that's just the nature of the beast, but an observation nonetheless.

I do look forward to the new 1.7 coming soon!
Old 03-19-2011, 10:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon Imagio

jlh11364 is becoming a great contributor

One other issue I have found is with Windows office contacts. I used the cab from previous versions. The contacts are listed, but once you open a contact, there is no info. Is there a difference between the cab from 1.4 to what would work on this version?
Old 03-20-2011, 12:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio. Project Teya 1.8/HTC thunderbolt

gokudre is keeping up the good workgokudre is keeping up the good workgokudre is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlh11364 View Post
Hate to be a stickler. However, on the stanard weather page, if you double tap the weather symbol, you get the five day forecast. I would recommend that this is an option. if it is on the screen all the time, it eats into memory usage correct?
Does anyone have a screen shot of the weather in 1.5? there was something more than just the forcast at the bottom that i liked.. i cant remember though..
Old 03-21-2011, 11:51 AM
Cookin' Project: Teya
Pocket PC: Omnia i910, HTC Imagio, Now Gnex
Carrier: Big Red
Threadstarter

jmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Yes it does slow down the home page a little, but not a very much because it is using Sense resources. I personally don't use it, but there are some that do. It will be included, but not displayed by default.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicpc View Post
I'm really happy with 1.6 so far, after a few reboots. I couldn't get Windows Marketplace apps to install at first, but that worked itself out. Everything else seems good, including battery life and performance.

One interesting note: my text messages are backed up to my inbox if I use the MS messaging client, but not if I use the HTC one. I'm sure that's just the nature of the beast, but an observation nonetheless.

I do look forward to the new 1.7 coming soon!
Unfortunately, PIMBackup is an old program and probably won't be updated. HTC Messaging is fairly new.

Quote:
One other issue I have found is with Windows office contacts. I used the cab from previous versions. The contacts are listed, but once you open a contact, there is no info. Is there a difference between the cab from 1.4 to what would work on this version?
Which cab are you referring to? Is it the one I created to add "Contacts" to start menu? If so, I think I know what you are talking about and I am working on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gokudre View Post
Does anyone have a screen shot of the weather in 1.5? there was something more than just the forcast at the bottom that i liked.. i cant remember though..
The weather widget that was included in 1.5.0 was a completely separate animal and that is why the battery drained faster and memory usage was higher. If you would like to use it, you can find it: HERE

Other: Sense 2.5.2019 in a Cab

Last edited by jmart518; 03-21-2011 at 12:00 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

pm_mazur is just getting started

Hey can anyone check out Yahoo Mail for 1.6? It' having trouble connecting to the server. Hotmail seems to work. If someone figures it out let me know what did I miss on changing. My guess is when insterted yahoo POP, the server will require you to use its Yahoo Mail Plus which is another rip off for all the outlook users out there.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio/Project Teya

gpinc is a n00b

hi pm_mazur,

got the same problem. my case yahoo as well as hotmail both not working. And another interesting thing is i am unable to delete existing email accounts because i tried to delete hotmail account to recreate. Everything is fine with teya1.4 and not tried with teya1.5. Guess everything will be fine with in teya1.7
Old 03-22-2011, 03:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

pm_mazur is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpinc View Post
hi pm_mazur,

got the same problem. my case yahoo as well as hotmail both not working. And another interesting thing is i am unable to delete existing email accounts because i tried to delete hotmail account to recreate. Everything is fine with teya1.4 and not tried with teya1.5. Guess everything will be fine with in teya1.7
well lets hope it will work... Teya email settings were changed in the 1.6 that's why any email will not work except any windows live mail due to the windows live client. Teya 1.5 had no problems with either email accounts. With hotmail create an account using the "OTHER" option (NOT the Hotmail option) and add the Hotmail email through that "other" option. Once done wait till windows live client launches and you will be able to receive mail.

To delete the accounts there are a few ways you can try, but here's the way that actually worked for me.
touch "Inbox" then "menu" scroll to "tools" then "options"
there you can tap to change settings or hold to remove.

PS if the "Options" menu isn't highlighted, wait till your account tries to connect. Once it's done failing to connect "Options" will be available
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:43 PM
Cookin' Project: Teya
Pocket PC: Omnia i910, HTC Imagio, Now Gnex
Carrier: Big Red
Threadstarter

jmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I didn't have a yahoo! account, so I setup a dummy to test with and I now have it working. Not sure why it would have changed from Teya 1.4.0 to now. Please give the following instructions a shot and post back:

For those having issues setting up Yahoo! mail, there are two different ways to get it setup:

Code:
One Setup Solution for Yahoo! mail:
Start Menu
----Setup E-mail
------Yahoo!
--------Enter your information. "Next"
----------Make sure "Try to get e-mail settings automatically..." is selected, "Next"
------------It should find settings for "yahoo.com", select "Next"
--------------Enter your info again and finish the next couple steps (they are pretty self explanatory)

Alternate Setup Solution for Yahoo! mail:
From the Sense 2.5 Mail tab
--"Create Account"
----Select "Yahoo"
------enter your info, "Next"
--------enter your display info, "Next"
----------Incoming mail server:
	winmo.imap.mail.yahoo.com:993
----------Acount Type:
	IMAP4
------------"Next"
------------------------Incoming mail server:
	winmo.smtp.mail.yahoo.com:465
------------------------Make sure both check boxes are selected, "Next"

Hopefully this made sense and if entered correctly, you should now be good to go. As a note, anytime you are having trouble setting up, changing or deleting an account through the HTC mail account interface, try to use WM E-mail. You will usually get better results, especially if you are trying to add multiple hotmail accounts, etc.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development