PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2010, 08:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC HD2 / HTC Imagio
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

adortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] MyCleanImagio-21874/235XX - May/3rd/10th [Build 1.9]

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbrain View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

had the same issue this morning with 235xx that I had with a couple drellisdee roms. Screen wouldn't wake up even though the buttons seemed to be responding.
I pulled the battery to reset. after reset my hotmail froze the phone. going back to 21xxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbh00jh View Post
She wanted to try the 235XX , I told her it was a beta but she wouldn't take no for an answer. She had some email problems and the dreaded freeze. We agreed it wasn't ready for prime time yet. Went back to 1.9 plain vzw and she is happy again with the best.
Yes, I had the same happening on my 2nd phone which is running 23563.. thank you for posting...

28XXX (6.5.3) is up on some official releases (stock roms), I'll probably spend some time with a couple options there... 23563 is a "just for fun" build... we all know it would not be "comparable" to 21874...thank you very much...

Donations

Last edited by adortab; 05-11-2010 at 11:57 PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Q9C
Carrier: VZW

johnbrain is just getting started

Yeah. It seems 23 has some issues regardless of who's ROM it is. We'll see what 28xxx holds.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

adortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandroland View Post
Came in for another look and I love 1.9 however after getting used to the oversized menu on the bottom from 235xx I can't go back. I'll check back again once you make the jump.

In the mean time here are some bugs I ran across in 1.9a Verizon Light:
-Can't send picture from album, doesn't attach the image
-When trying to send pic from creating a new pic message the browsing is incredibly slow and freezes up the phone. Practically speaking it just doesn't work.
About 1.9a Verizon Light:
1-) the Album is opening Tmail (email client), but is missing the parameter to create a new MMS message with the picture attached... (should not be too hard to fix... thank you very much for pointing that out, now its on my "tests" checklist!)

[Edit] Open Tmail, Menu, Options, unmark Display account picker when open Messaging....close options, soft-reset.
Now test... go to Album, select the picture....while on fullscreen mode,tap, select the 2nd icon right to left... select Message for example... then Tmail will open up... select Picture Message... two seconds to copy/resize the picture...voyla!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So if I understood correctly, not a bug anymore! Just a setting!
[Edit]

2)- I'm not sure if I'm doing the same procedure as you do trying to replicate the freeze...but I dont see any slowdown to browse pictures...in fact did not took me 5 seconds to send a picture... tried a couple options creating a picture message, through manila tab, manually opening tmail (which will open arcsoft after...), no lag or freeze at all working as expected... (please refer to the post #737)(Is the pictures and videos software pointing to \Windows when you load it?)(how many files you have inside the folder you were trying to load the picture?)

So for the first one... noted, and thank you very much...will work on that... the second one.. if you can please post a step by step that would be great..., that would be the first "freeze" reported yay!!! lol, I do believe it's something on your setup, I can help to track it down....(are you sure its the build 21874?)

Thank you very much for taking the time! About the 235xx, I "kinda" like the graphics, start menu at the bottom, etc... but I'm not planning at this point to spend too much time on it... it's buggy, on every release of the beta build's something gets fixed and something gets broken, you work really hard to get it working, just to do it all over again on a different build...plus a task manager that is not as good as the 218xx, a few options out there, some users report they work fine, but they are the cause of most problems....anyway... it's beta... I chose 21874 cause it's "freaking" stable , so it would be just a matter of working out the software we added to the rom. (I hate to flash and flash my working phone, that's why I have two imagios, my work/day by day phone is running 1.9 21874 cht161 since march 2nd... it's fast, does everything I like plus a lot that I don't even need, so far no freeze at all, for my taste its the Imagio as it supposed to be specially now with opera 9.7... you just reported the first bug!)

Last edited by adortab; 05-11-2010 at 11:33 PM. Reason: reference to the post #737, correct settings
Old 05-11-2010, 09:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_s_ifland View Post
I'm using 1.9 Verizon Light. Is there a way to change the color of the phone keypad back to white, it's hard for me to see the letters on the black keypad.
Yes.... In fact, I got "busy" trying to make a few options of color taskbars, another option of phone dialer, themes, etc... and forgot to create one with the stock option... will work on that this week, and create another dialer "color" with black on white...
Should be ready by the end of week... (always check the cab repository, there were a lot of things uploaded, that I just forgot to mention at the forum...)
Thank you...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Carrier: Verizon

cpc28655 is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to cpc28655

I've been using the 235xx version for about 24 hours now, haven't had a single problem. Works perfectly for me, thank you. By the way, I really like the black dialer skin.

Last edited by cpc28655; 05-12-2010 at 02:34 PM. Reason: i need to learn how to spell
Old 05-11-2010, 09:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanablikhm View Post
I have the same 2 problems. Always have to go to pictures and videos to send mms.
Yes, the Album would open the email program but not direct to a "new" e-mail/message with the picture attached...nice find!
But one question, is it slow at all for you to browse pictures?

Another "good to know" info... on 1.9 Tmail will stay "pre-loaded" on memory to attend the calls from manila/windows faster without delays... if you are using any memory "screw-up" cleaner, lol, or a different task manager other than HTC, you WILL/MAY experience a slow messaging... , again just as a sugestion, same on a few posts ago... you may not need to use any memory cleaner...etc...even a temp files cleaner may screw up WM and other software installed that makes reference for settings/preload files causing an overall slowdown... my work phone has been working for several days now, never had to reset or anything...as we speak memory is at 68%, storage memory free at 40mb (yes I do load it with a lot of programs/files)....makes sense?

Last edited by adortab; 05-11-2010 at 10:31 PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Important "good to know" info....

Another "good to know" info... on 1.9 Tmail will stay "pre-loaded" on memory to attend the calls from manila/windows faster without delays... if you are using any memory "screw-up" cleaner, lol, or a different task manager other than HTC, you WILL/MAY experience a slow "messaging" unless you setup your preferred software correctly...(same "messaging" slowdown on MyCleanImagio 1.8 , again just as a sugestion, same on a few posts ago... you may not need to use any memory cleaner...etc...even a temp files cleaner may screw up WM... my work phone has been working for several days now, never had to reset or anything...as of now memory is at 68%, storage memory free at 40mb (yes I do load it with a lot of programs/files)....makes sense?
The HTC task manager is setup to allow that...

Last edited by adortab; 05-12-2010 at 02:01 AM. Reason: Just a copy of the reply to wanablikhm...
Old 05-11-2010, 09:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpc28655 View Post
I've been using the 235xx version for about 24 hours now, haven't had a single problem. Works perfectly for me, thank you. By the say, I really like the black dialer skin.
Great to hear that.. read the thread, a few users reported a few things, just good to know... thank you... a few buddies at work liked the look of the 235xx version too...

Last edited by adortab; 05-11-2010 at 10:08 PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanablikhm View Post
Pardon my ignorance, but can I use a 235xx rom on my 21874 phone?? Are those builds just having to do with the Windows mobile version? Can someone point me to a site with info on that? I tried to search but didn't get much. Thanx
Hi, nothing related to the quote lol, but you post a while ago on how to create a shortcut to the today settings inside the control panel... take a look at this:

http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...sAndParameters

Last edited by adortab; 05-11-2010 at 10:23 PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by adortab View Post
About 1.9a Verizon Light:
1-) the Album is opening Tmail (email client), but is missing the parameter to create a new MMS message with the picture attached... (should not be too hard to fix... thank you very much for pointing that out, now its on my "tests" checklist!)

[Edit] Open Tmail, Menu, Options, unmark Display account picker when open Messaging....close options, soft-reset.
Now test... go to Album, select the picture....while on fullscreen mode,tap, select the 2nd icon right to left... select Message for example... then Tmail will open up... select Picture Message..two seconds to copy/resize the picture...voyla!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Edit]

2)- I'm not sure if I'm doing the same procedure as you do trying to replicate the freeze...but I dont see any slowdown to browse pictures...in fact did not took me 5 seconds to send a picture... tried a couple options creating a picture message, through manila tab, manually opening tmail (which will open arcsoft after...), no lag or freeze at all working as expected... (please refer to the post #737)(Is the pictures and videos software pointing to \Windows when you load it?)(how many files you have inside the folder you were trying to load the picture?)

So for the first one... noted, and thank you very much...will work on that... the second one.. if you can please post a step by step that would be great..., that would be the first "freeze" reported yay!!! lol, I do believe it's something on your setup, I can help to track it down....(are you sure its the build 21874?)

Thank you very much for taking the time! About the 235xx, I "kinda" like the graphics, start menu at the bottom, etc... but I'm not planning at this point to spend too much time on it... it's buggy, on every release of the beta build's something gets fixed and something gets broken, you work really hard to get it working, just to do it all over again on a different build...plus a task manager that is not as good as the 218xx, a few options out there, some users report they work fine, but they are the cause of most problems....anyway... it's beta... I chose 21874 cause it's "freaking" stable , so it would be just a matter of working out the software we added to the rom. (I hate to flash and flash my working phone, that's why I have two imagios, my work/day by day phone is running 1.9 21874 cht161 since march 2nd... it's fast, does everything I like plus a lot that I don't even need, so far no freeze at all, for my taste its the Imagio as it supposed to be specially now with opera 9.7... you just reported the first bug!)
Open Tmail, Menu, Options, unmark Display account picker when open Messaging....close options, soft-reset.
Now test... go to Album, select the picture....while on fullscreen mode,tap, select the 2nd icon right to left... select Message for example... then Tmail will open up... select Picture Message...voyla!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please report if it does "fix" the issue...

Last edited by adortab; 05-11-2010 at 11:35 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development