PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2010, 01:02 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] MyCleanImagio-21874/235XX - May/3rd/10th [Build 1.9]

Quote:
Originally Posted by adortab View Post
Important "good to know" info....

Another "good to know" info... on 1.9 Tmail will stay "pre-loaded" on memory to attend the calls from manila/windows faster without delays... if you are using any memory "screw-up" cleaner, lol, or a different task manager other than HTC, you WILL/MAY experience a slow messaging unless you setup your preferred software correctly...(same as MyCleanImagio 1. , again just as a sugestion, same on a few posts ago... you may not need to use any memory cleaner...etc...even a temp files cleaner may screw up WM... my work phone has been working for several days now, never had to reset or anything...as of now memory is at 68%, storage memory free at 40mb (yes I do load it with a lot of programs/files)....makes sense?
The HTC task manager is setup to allow that...
I just wanted to clarify - I am using Arkswitch as my taskmanager - are you saying that I should not "kill" the tmail.exe? That killing it might actually slow down my performance instead of speeding up performance?

I don't doubt you -I am just wondering if i am understanding you correctly?
Old 05-12-2010, 01:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC HD2 / HTC Imagio
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

adortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonpulaski View Post
I just wanted to clarify - I am using Arkswitch as my taskmanager - are you saying that I should not "kill" the tmail.exe? That killing it might actually slow down my performance instead of speeding up performance?

I don't doubt you -I am just wondering if i am understanding you correctly?
In this case, Tmail, on 1.9...Yes ... there are several modules "preloaded" during startup, besides the memory "cost" they should improve loading/execution speed (the change loading email/sms is huge compared to 1.8 even after 200 sms, and other 200 emails..)... but you don't need to believe me... that's just another of my findings... try it... if you have an option to add tmail.exe to the exclusion list (not "kill" tmail), add it... soft reset... wait a few minutes and see what happens... if you don't have that option, then try to uninstall/disable arkswitch...I never used it so I don't know how it works... as I stated I'm pretty happy with the one built-in... memory varies a lot, from 63% up to 82% depending on what it's loaded and it seems it balances itself around 70%, I don't feel any difference when at 82%... (there are other things like file memory/ram cache, video cache, etc) ... for me... worked out great..., if you decide to try it... please post your findings... would be nice if you could post your experience with Arkswitch on 1.9...

ps.: Sorry for my english...it's not my 1st language...lol... trying really hard!

Donations

Last edited by adortab; 05-12-2010 at 02:22 AM.
Old 05-12-2010, 02:21 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by adortab View Post
In this case, Tmail, on 1.9...Yes ... there are several modules "preloaded" during startup, besides the memory "cost" they should improve loading/execution speed (the change on messaging is huge compared to 1.8 even after 200 sms, and other 200 emails..)... but you don't need to believe me... that's just another of my findings... try it... if you have an option to add tmail.exe to the exclusion list (not "kill" tmail), add it... soft reset... wait a few minutes and see what happens... if you don't have that option, then try to uninstall/disable arkswitch...I never used it so I don't know how it works... as I stated I'm pretty happy with the one built-in... memory varies a lot, from 63% up to 82% depending on what it's loaded and it seems it balances itself always around 70%, (there are other things like memory/ram cache, video cache, etc) ... for me... worked out great..., if you decide to try it... please post your findings... would be nice if you could post your experience with Arkswitch on 1.9...

ps.: Sorry for my english...it's not my 1st language...lol... trying really hard!

First of all -your English is as good as mine and it is my first language I love Arkswitch and have been using it for several months. I have been using it on this rom since I installed it last week. Seems pretty stable (not 100% -but 98%). It hasn't caused me any issues. No freeze ups (that I know of). And here is why I really like it - just for the convenience factor. Arkswitch is a simple task manager. It doesn't do a whole bunch of extra stuff. The reason it is convenient is because of the "activation field". You can open Arkswitch from an invisible button on your taskbar. The button is configurable. For me - I have placed the button between the start menu button and the text message icon on the taskbar. That means if I am in an app and want to switch to another - I don't have to tap the right hand corner and exit the running app, then tap the corner again and wait for the HTC TM (which is slow to open, & I always double tap so it opens and closes so I have to open it again) and then tap the app I want. I just tap the activation field, Arkswitch opens, and I change to the running app I want.

There are options for exclusions. There are options to run at start. To run in 6.5 compatibility mode (not necessary and defeats the point) which keep Arkswitch from invading the taskbar and only allow it to be run "manually".

Anyways -just give it a try. It is free. It installs and uninstalls easily.

Should link to the devs thread...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ight=Arkswitch
Attached Files
File Type: cab ArkSwitch_v1_1_4.CAB (90.0 KB, 12 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Q9C
Carrier: VZW

johnbrain is just getting started

I gave Arkswitch a try. It started up at first but then it wouldn't open once home page and other tabs had been accessed. It just opened the regular start menu or battery etc.

Am I missing some setting to make it permanent? It looked like it's worth trying.

Also, if this is the task manager will a simple "X" close an app or a long press of "X"?
Old 05-12-2010, 01:54 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Adortab -
1.9 Plain vzw running great , don't know how you can make it any better .

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk
Radio
1.39.00.0627r
Old 05-12-2010, 01:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

dedi2034 is becoming a great contributor

I have a question. Is there anyway to make that little bar that has missed calls, new text messages, and e mails go away? I just want it to where if there is missed calls, and voice mails to pop up when i get one. Im using 1.9 plain build. Thanks
Old 05-12-2010, 03:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbrain View Post
I gave Arkswitch a try. It started up at first but then it wouldn't open once home page and other tabs had been accessed. It just opened the regular start menu or battery etc.

Am I missing some setting to make it permanent? It looked like it's worth trying.

Also, if this is the task manager will a simple "X" close an app or a long press of "X"?
Go to your start menu. Go to Tools. Open Arkswitch. Hit "Menu" (bottom right). Choose options. Make sure "Run at boot time" is checked. Make sure "WM6.5 compatibility" is unchecked.

Next, go back to "Menu". Choose "Activation Field..." You will see an Orange area highlighted in your taskbar. Use the ---><--- (arrows like this at the bottom) to shrink the "activation field". Then use the ---> (arrows in the middle ) to move the "activation field" over so that it is not interfering with that Start Menu button or your other taskbar buttons.

When you open Arkswitch -tapping the grey "X" will close the app. Tapping the center of the screen will take you to the running app, and tapping the far left (on the icon) will give you information about the running app. You can also force a kill from this screen or choose to "exclude" this app from this screen. Also -from Arkswitch if you swipe your finger left/right or right/left one screen will show you running programs, the other running processes.

Hope that helps.

OH yeah - if you place your activation field in an area like mine, Arkswitch will not interfere with HTC Task Manager. Arkswitch does not "take over" the little "x" in the right hand corner as far as closing an app or minimizing an app. The HTC Task Manager will maintain that function.

Last edited by thepolishguy; 05-12-2010 at 03:31 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio

bleubrd is a n00b

Just got my Imagio a few hours ago and am running your Verizon Lite 1.9. I have to say, this is an amazing experience. Thanks for your hard work!
Old 05-12-2010, 07:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

adortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedi2034 View Post
I have a question. Is there anyway to make that little bar that has missed calls, new text messages, and e mails go away? I just want it to where if there is missed calls, and voice mails to pop up when i get one. Im using 1.9 plain build. Thanks
I guess you mean the CHT 1.7.1 notification bar right? I'm sure there is an option to hide it built in, at the same screen to customize the home tab. Not sure if you can enable auto-hide for the notification bar at the CHTEditor... better source of info would be the CHT thread at XDA...
Old 05-12-2010, 07:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonpulaski View Post
Go to your start menu. Go to Tools. Open Arkswitch. Hit "Menu" (bottom right). Choose options. Make sure "Run at boot time" is checked. Make sure "WM6.5 compatibility" is unchecked.

Next, go back to "Menu". Choose "Activation Field..." You will see an Orange area highlighted in your taskbar. Use the ---><--- (arrows like this at the bottom) to shrink the "activation field". Then use the ---> (arrows in the middle ) to move the "activation field" over so that it is not interfering with that Start Menu button or your other taskbar buttons.

When you open Arkswitch -tapping the grey "X" will close the app. Tapping the center of the screen will take you to the running app, and tapping the far left (on the icon) will give you information about the running app. You can also force a kill from this screen or choose to "exclude" this app from this screen. Also -from Arkswitch if you swipe your finger left/right or right/left one screen will show you running programs, the other running processes.

Hope that helps.

OH yeah - if you place your activation field in an area like mine, Arkswitch will not interfere with HTC Task Manager. Arkswitch does not "take over" the little "x" in the right hand corner as far as closing an app or minimizing an app. The HTC Task Manager will maintain that function.
Thank you!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development