PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2010, 05:51 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible, HTC Imagio, HTC Touch pro, XV6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Mike304 is keeping up the good workMike304 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 6.5.5 Drellisdee Whitestone RC1.3 23563 4/20/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by drellisdee View Post
Donators check your testing folder. Uploaded an experimental RC1.3 that spb benchmarks about 150% overall higher than RC1.3 which is already rather fast. Notice the speed of manila and please PM about any issues and stability. If all goes well I'll release to public. Note the cold boot (Initial boot after flash) will take a bit longer but you shouldn't see any difference in load up times after its initial boot. Also, dont use cookies nor any manila mods other than reg as they likely won't work and break things on experimental build.
Drellisdee will you release build 23563 with HTC messaging disabled?
Old 04-22-2010, 07:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

fluidj is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike304 View Post
2nd that. HTC Messaging BLOWS! Everything in this build runs smooth and fast until I get to texting. Then it slows to a crawl, becomes unresponsive, locks up or just freezes for a while and then i'm FINALLY able to type my message out....But only in portrait mode, when I turn sideways to go into landscape, all hell breaks loose and the messaging defaults back to a list of my texts to that particular contact and I can't scroll down to even complete the text message I was working on. I'm running RC 1.3 stock..no Swype or any other add ons.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

PthPndr is just getting started

There's a new Google Maps (with voice) available now. Pretty slick.
Attached Files
File Type: cab GoogleMaps.CAB (1.28 MB, 18 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-22-2010, 09:20 AM
BlackBerry Hater
Pocket PC: All Cdma HTC's
Carrier: $0 VZW Emp Demo
Threadstarter

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike304 View Post
This is how I disabled it in the 23559 build. Its not to hard. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ct#post1704784
It takes me about 45 min to upload to FTP from home so I'm trying to save time and space by not continuing to build and upload some versions. That version was a test to see how it worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PthPndr View Post
There's a new Google Maps (with voice) available now. Pretty slick.
Thanks will try to oem and include in future.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:06 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Threadstarter

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Does anyone know how to backup your logins for my contact card/account manager? I'd like to cook my settings in on my personal roms and remember seeing a post awhile ago but couldn't find the post.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Q9C
Carrier: VZW

johnbrain is just getting started

So the recommendation for the private beta is to run it "stock?"
Old 04-22-2010, 07:31 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbrain View Post
So the recommendation for the private beta is to run it "stock?"
Yeah , no Cookie 1.7 .
Radio
1.39.00.0627r
Old 04-22-2010, 09:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate

djp952 is becoming a great contributor

Just wanted to chime in that RC 1.3 (public) is amazing so far. Unprecedented speed for me. Google Maps and Opera (main apps I use besides Manila itself) are loading so much faster than they ever did before. I have a buddy at work with a Nexus One running the HTC Desire ROM, and we compared a bit today. The Nexus One still beats the Imagio, but not nearly by as much as you would expect given it's 1GHz Snapdragon CPU and Android.

If it matters, the comment I got was "wow, if I knew Windows Mobile could run like that I wouldn't have gone 'driod so soon". I think that's a pretty good compliment

While I regret I can't play with the non-public 1.3 beta due to a need to have a 100% working phone right now, I'm really looking forward to your next bag of tricks. "You da man" doesn't seem accurate enough anymore, what you've done is truly astonishing. If you have ANY contact with the HTC/VZW upgrade folks, I would very seriously consider submitting your work to them. Maybe they could even help work out the final kinks with you and make this something official that all Imagio users could benefit from. Really, I think it's that good.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Q9C
Carrier: VZW

johnbrain is just getting started
Wirelessly posted (XV6975 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

1.7 is more than I need. I may try 1.6 since I really need a forward looking calendar on my home page.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:51 AM
BlackBerry Hater
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp952 View Post
Just wanted to chime in that RC 1.3 (public) is amazing so far. Unprecedented speed for me. Google Maps and Opera (main apps I use besides Manila itself) are loading so much faster than they ever did before. I have a buddy at work with a Nexus One running the HTC Desire ROM, and we compared a bit today. The Nexus One still beats the Imagio, but not nearly by as much as you would expect given it's 1GHz Snapdragon CPU and Android.

If it matters, the comment I got was "wow, if I knew Windows Mobile could run like that I wouldn't have gone 'driod so soon". I think that's a pretty good compliment

While I regret I can't play with the non-public 1.3 beta due to a need to have a 100% working phone right now, I'm really looking forward to your next bag of tricks. "You da man" doesn't seem accurate enough anymore, what you've done is truly astonishing. If you have ANY contact with the HTC/VZW upgrade folks, I would very seriously consider submitting your work to them. Maybe they could even help work out the final kinks with you and make this something official that all Imagio users could benefit from. Really, I think it's that good.
Thanks. In regards to the "contact with the HTC/VZW upgrade folks" sales reps don't really interact with them much (hush!)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development