PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2010, 11:40 AM
BlackBerry Hater
Pocket PC: All Cdma HTC's
Carrier: $0 VZW Emp Demo
Threadstarter

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 6.5.5 Drellisdee Whitestone RC1.4 23568 05/08/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjm2576 View Post
Oh. I meant to mention this sooner. I'm running RC 1.4 (not 1.4a, waiting for the fix). And the Slacker Radio app is out of date. Current ver is 1.0.148.

No big, just thought I'd let you know.
RC1.4b was uploaded this morning. Use that instead of 1.4a. It has fixed email reply and HTC Footprints sense tab.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

fluidj is becoming a great contributor

RC1.4b Issues:
-Sluggish when opening programs. For instance, scrolling across the icons is really swift and smooth, but when selecting a program to open, the device pauses briefly before proceeding to open. Only noticed this because 1.3 was so snappy with regards to this.

-Backlight doesn't automatically shut off. My settings are turn off after 1 min. It's been sitting on my desk lit up (dimmed actually) for 10 minutes now.

-HTC messaging is just as sluggish as ever I really really really really hate this app. Why do you all love it so much?

-2 lockups so far. Seems to happen whenever I go into the phone program after the backlight has dimmed. I'll try to explain better too...like I mentioned above, the backlight doesn't seem to be going off at all. So when I pick the phone up to use it, I don't get the unlock slider, the backlight just britens up again...BUT..it immediately goes to the programs screen as if I just unlocked it. very strange.

-I've noticed with both 1.4 & 1.4b..that when I restore everything(contacts, docs, etc) using Microsoft MyPhone that my Favorite Contacts no longer automatically populate on the contacts tab. In your previous builds, they always repopulated to their original positions from the previous build after I ran MyPhone.

Thanks for ALL the hard work...these ROMS are generally great...just trying to provide helpful feed back.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:44 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Threadstarter

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluidj View Post
RC1.4b Issues:
-Sluggish when opening programs. For instance, scrolling across the icons is really swift and smooth, but when selecting a program to open, the device pauses briefly before proceeding to open. Only noticed this because 1.3 was so snappy with regards to this.

-Backlight doesn't automatically shut off. My settings are turn off after 1 min. It's been sitting on my desk lit up (dimmed actually) for 10 minutes now.

-HTC messaging is just as sluggish as ever I really really really really hate this app. Why do you all love it so much?

-2 lockups so far. Seems to happen whenever I go into the phone program after the backlight has dimmed. I'll try to explain better too...like I mentioned above, the backlight doesn't seem to be going off at all. So when I pick the phone up to use it, I don't get the unlock slider, the backlight just britens up again...BUT..it immediately goes to the programs screen as if I just unlocked it. very strange.

-I've noticed with both 1.4 & 1.4b..that when I restore everything(contacts, docs, etc) using Microsoft MyPhone that my Favorite Contacts no longer automatically populate on the contacts tab. In your previous builds, they always repopulated to their original positions from the previous build after I ran MyPhone.

Thanks for ALL the hard work...these ROMS are generally great...just trying to provide helpful feed back.
I restore with activesync exchange and have no issues. None with backlight either nor any sluggishness. Have you tried not restoring messages with myphone?
I would say try a hard reset and reflash and don't restore messages as it clogs htc messaging.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

cslawren is keeping up the good workcslawren is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by drellisdee View Post
I restore with activesync exchange and have no issues. None with backlight either nor any sluggishness. Have you tried not restoring messages with myphone?
I would say try a hard reset and reflash and don't restore messages as it clogs htc messaging.
Ditto, and not having any issues with the new HTC messaging build. It is much faster than 2012 was, and the keyboard is more responsive when typing SMS. Great work drell, as usual.
SYS: Windows Mobile 6.5.5 23568
Old 05-10-2010, 01:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

PthPndr is just getting started

I'm running 1.4b as well and don't have any issues with sluggishness or backlight. I did notice the people tab favorites didn't come back like in the last two RC's but that was it.

Drellisdee, do you have anything integrated for "user customization"? I thought I read on one message that you used UC but I can't seem to find that message. Any plans on moving to/trying XDA_UC?
Old 05-10-2010, 02:10 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PthPndr View Post
I'm running 1.4b as well and don't have any issues with sluggishness or backlight. I did notice the people tab favorites didn't come back like in the last two RC's but that was it.

Drellisdee, do you have anything integrated for "user customization"? I thought I read on one message that you used UC but I can't seem to find that message. Any plans on moving to/trying XDA_UC?
Using exchange my restore works for favorites. Try another my phonebackup after you reconfig them and let us know next time you flash.

Read the change log on beta 3 for reference on UC as its been included from beta3 and up.

My SDConfig.txt in the root of my sd card for example reads:

Code:
XML: \Storage Card\cabs\myemail.provxml
XML: \Storage Card\cabs\My_exchange.xml
XML: \Storage Card\cabs\MyOwnerInfo.provxml
CAB: \Storage Card\cabs\mycab.cab

Last edited by Getitnowmarketing; 05-10-2010 at 02:14 PM.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

PthPndr is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by drellisdee View Post
Read the change log on beta 3 for reference.

My SDConfig.txt in the root of my sd card for example reads:

Code:
XML: \Storage Card\cabs\myemail.provxml
XML: \Storage Card\cabs\My_exchange.xml
XML: \Storage Card\cabs\MyOwnerInfo.provxml
CAB: \Storage Card\cabs\mycab.cab

Thanks, I knew I read it somewhere.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

willywonkaisrsh is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluidj View Post
RC1.4b Issues:

Dude. Sorry, but I have not noticed any of this.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate

djp952 is becoming a great contributor

1.4b looks great as always! Can't wait to play with Footprints, I kinda wish I installed something like that during my wanderings around Europe. Not sure how to work it yet, but I'm looking forward to heading down to D.C. this weekend and wandering around the mall making "footprints"

If you ever see any updates for the HTC Music tab, I'd love to try them out. I posted a while back that Showcase had problems if I've played music without soft-resetting, but I've come to learn a lot of apps do. The music tab is putting a lock on something that it only releases when playing. Messes with Showcase, Wordly, and some other game (don't remember which). Not a complaint, just throwing my name in the ring for guinea-pigging anything you may find and want to test.

Also, I just wanted to tell ya that I was showing off my Drellisdee Imagio again at work today, and my friends with a Diamond and TouchPro 2 are extremely jealous. The Diamond guy keeps trying ROMs and they're all too bloated for him, if they work right at all. The TouchPro2 guy hates that I have an awesome wireless router (among all the other cool things) built-in and how much rediculously faster my Imagio than his TP2 on essentially the same hardware. If you ever feel like branching out beyond the Imagio, I think you'd have quite a fan club. There's a lot to be said for a ROM like yours. The awe and wonder of the highly modded ROMs seems to wear off quickly!

edit: Have not seen any of the problems fluidj is suffering from yet either. MyPhone is putting all my favorites back, no lock-ups, etc. [Sorry dude, not saying your problems aren't real, just that I haven't personally seen them to date -- have you tried the "yank the battery and hard-reset" trick that some people have to do for a stable device?]

Last edited by djp952; 05-10-2010 at 06:57 PM.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:23 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Threadstarter

Thanks. I've been building and releasing roms here in ppcgeeks for several years. 6700, 6800, 6900, 6850 and 6975. I mainly build for devices I personally own though so I can test the build. I've been working on a work related android app for the last few weeks and created a fully working concept app on an emulator and it took them 2weeks to provide me a suitable android device to debug on. It's not very fun throwing apps/roms together hoping you got it right but not being able to properly test it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development