PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2010, 07:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

PthPndr is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 6.5.5 Drellisdee Whitestone RC1.3 23563 4/20/10

I'm not sure I'm feeling it for the 1.3 experimental, I'm not seeing any big speed differences however I'm a cookie user so it may be a moot point. I did have a few random lock-ups, a couple of them were just bouncing around in the mail settings pages.

Also, Google Maps doesn't work. I get a "c:\workspace" error, and installing the newer version over the top doesn't help.

I'll run it a while longer and see if it smooths out at all.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

cslawren is keeping up the good workcslawren is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by PthPndr View Post
I'm not sure I'm feeling it for the 1.3 experimental, I'm not seeing any big speed differences however I'm a cookie user so it may be a moot point. I did have a few random lock-ups, a couple of them were just bouncing around in the mail settings pages.

Also, Google Maps doesn't work. I get a "c:\workspace" error, and installing the newer version over the top doesn't help.

Try a hard reset. Sounds like something didn't work quite right.
SYS: Windows Mobile 6.5.5 23568
Old 04-23-2010, 09:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

PthPndr is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by cslawren View Post
Try a hard reset. Sounds like something didn't work quite right.
Good point. I went ahead and tried it, but no luck. Guess it's back to 1.3 public for now.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:54 AM
BlackBerry Hater
Pocket PC: All Cdma HTC's
Carrier: $0 VZW Emp Demo
Threadstarter

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by PthPndr View Post

The experimental RC1.3 uses extendir filesystem and I have all the manila files out of the windows dir. Look in the extendir/windir/ directory. The are symlinked/ aliased in and appear in /windows but aren't really there. The xip and such is highly modified too. It seems googlemaps doesn't work with extendir. The idea behind it is to remove files from the /windows dir as that slows the phone down and group the 1000+ manila files in folders of 30-60 in the extendir directory (you can use it for other apps too). The reason for the longer boot is I have all the manila files zipped in rom and it unzips them on 1st boot to the extendir directory. This is the reason that manila mods don't work as the manila files aren't really in windows folder. I'm going to move it to public release for testing. Please clearly post that you are using experimental in feedback posts. On RC1.3 it spb benchmarked 897 for overall device. On RC1.3 Experimental it benchmarked 1283 for overall with the filesystem subtests doubled in score.

Last edited by Getitnowmarketing; 04-23-2010 at 12:03 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:23 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

On the 1.3 experimental , how do you turn off the weather animation ?
Radio
1.39.00.0627r
Old 04-23-2010, 02:31 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Pocket PC: All Cdma HTC's
Carrier: $0 VZW Emp Demo
Threadstarter

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbh00jh View Post
On the 1.3 experimental , how do you turn off the weather animation ?
cab in my document/drellisdee folder or reg listed several pages mack in response to knightscribe request.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:48 PM
Almost a VIP

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by drellisdee View Post
cab in my document/drellisdee folder or reg listed several pages mack in response to knightscribe request.
Yeah, I remembered once I started thinking about it . Thanks .

Also , Hotmail froze downloading an email ( first use ) no problems after first use.
1.3 EXPERIMENTAL.

Last edited by jbh00jh; 04-23-2010 at 03:07 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

cslawren is keeping up the good workcslawren is keeping up the good work

This ROM is blazing fast (exp. 1.3 release). Good work Drell!=D>
Old 04-23-2010, 06:11 PM
Almost a VIP

Ran the 1.3 Experimental all day and only had one freeze w/hotmail . after that it was fast,fast and very stable. A good ROM.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2

dcesq06 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbh00jh View Post
Ran the 1.3 Experimental all day and only had one freeze w/hotmail . after that it was fast,fast and very stable. A good ROM.
Thanks to everyone providing the updates.

Did you notice a big difference from the other 1.3 (non-experimental) that was posted a couple of days ago? I am very intrigued, but I just updated to the original 1.3 last night and don't want to go through the flash/reload process for marginal gain.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development