PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2010, 08:33 AM
BlackBerry Hater
Pocket PC: All Cdma HTC's
Carrier: $0 VZW Emp Demo
Threadstarter

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 6.5.5 Drellisdee Whitestone RC1.2b 23559 & 21896 4/17/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp952 View Post
Without HTC messaging, is there a functional way to send a photo over MMS with this ROM? I think the standard Pictures&Videos locks up, and I don't know of any other means for MMS myself.

As long as MMS photos work somehow, I'm personally OK with going back to the Arcsoft messaging (as if that matters - lol). I'd prefer HTC fix the messaging client to work right, though, since even people with a true 1GHz HD2 complain about it. I had a hell of a time sending my wife photos over in Germany before the Drellisdee ROM, now I pretty much innundate her with photos of how life "back home" is.

Are there any (free) third party SMS/MMS clients that can integrate into SenseUI that would make everyone happy?
Just uploaded 23559_RC1.2b. There are 2 versions one with HTC MSG and one with it disabled and using arcsoft. You still lock/freeze sending MMS from album or camera on it to so same workaround rules apply. I think its a keyboard sip issue for the freeze so I'll see what insights other chefs can give me on fixing that. The htc messaging disabled version should be considered beta as I didn't test it much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpoete View Post
I thought the work-around was to attach the picture to the text message, does this method not work?
Yes this works on all my recent roms.

Last edited by Getitnowmarketing; 04-18-2010 at 08:44 AM.
Old 04-18-2010, 08:58 AM
BlackBerry Hater
Pocket PC: All Cdma HTC's
Carrier: $0 VZW Emp Demo
Threadstarter

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quick addition to get the city + state to show on incoming call on RC1.2b change this:
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\PHONE]
"CustomizationSetting"=dword:00000041
It was overwritten I'll try to provxml it next time.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

coolingoutofhabit is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
The htc messaging disabled version should be considered beta as I didn't test it much.
Just curious. How does Sense get modified when HTC messaging is disabled? I mean, do all of the SMS shortcuts in the UI then lead you to Windows messaging screen?
Old 04-18-2010, 11:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate

djp952 is becoming a great contributor

Gave the non-HTC Messaging 1.2b version a try. Is that the messaging from Sense 2.0 or 2.1 ? It looks like a hybrid of the original and the HTC It worked fine both for sending and receiving SMS/MMS for me. Previous poster was correct, you can start a new message and then insert a photo to make it an MMS. Didn't know that! My only knocks against it are that I couldn't find a way to reply to a received message with an MMS, and that in the reply function the window you get to type in is kinda small, especially in landscape mode. Not sure if it expands out as you type or not. But, it definitely worked!

I'm switching back to the HTC Messaging version for now, but I could certainly live with either version Advantages and disadvantages to each. C'est la vie.

23559 feels comparable to 23557 performance-wise thus far. 23557 was very fast for me, the fatest yet!

Thanks for including a soft-reset application as well as applying the HTC camera fixes out of the box, Drellisdee! Saving me more and more steps each time I flash! I think I'm down to about 15 minutes from start-finish now. I think of anything else I do that would be of enough general purpose benefit to even suggest! Your work is absolutely appreciated.

edit: Oh yeah, nary a lock-up or unplanned soft-reset in a while, this build is no exception thus far. I think it must have been the older SYSes that were causing me grief, huh?

Last edited by djp952; 04-18-2010 at 11:55 AM.
Old 04-18-2010, 01:15 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Installed 1.2b early this morning , has run well with no problems for the last six hours. Nothing to complain about so far.
Radio
1.39.00.0627r
Old 04-18-2010, 07:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio

fluidj is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp952 View Post
Gave the non-HTC Messaging 1.2b version a try. Is that the messaging from Sense 2.0 or 2.1 ? It looks like a hybrid of the original and the HTC It worked fine both for sending and receiving SMS/MMS for me. Previous poster was correct, you can start a new message and then insert a photo to make it an MMS. Didn't know that! My only knocks against it are that I couldn't find a way to reply to a received message with an MMS, and that in the reply function the window you get to type in is kinda small, especially in landscape mode. Not sure if it expands out as you type or not. But, it definitely worked!

I'm switching back to the HTC Messaging version for now, but I could certainly live with either version Advantages and disadvantages to each. C'est la vie.

23559 feels comparable to 23557 performance-wise thus far. 23557 was very fast for me, the fatest yet!

Thanks for including a soft-reset application as well as applying the HTC camera fixes out of the box, Drellisdee! Saving me more and more steps each time I flash! I think I'm down to about 15 minutes from start-finish now. I think of anything else I do that would be of enough general purpose benefit to even suggest! Your work is absolutely appreciated.

edit: Oh yeah, nary a lock-up or unplanned soft-reset in a while, this build is no exception thus far. I think it must have been the older SYSes that were causing me grief, huh?
Curios, cause i'll admit I may be missing something and not realize it...but exactly why is the HTC Messaging preferred by so many? I just can't see what advantages it holds over the windows standard one. Perhaps if I knew what was supposed to be so great about it i'd be more willing to deal with the sluggishness of it.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

cslawren is keeping up the good workcslawren is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluidj View Post
Curios, cause i'll admit I may be missing something and not realize it...but exactly why is the HTC Messaging preferred by so many? I just can't see what advantages it holds over the windows standard one. Perhaps if I knew what was supposed to be so great about it i'd be more willing to deal with the sluggishness of it.
Personally, and this is just me, I think that the standard SMS application is fugly. It has too much of the old Windows Mobile look to it and seems very outdated against the rest of the Sense UI. HTC messaging may be more sluggish, but the UI is my ideal version for an SMS application. To each, his/her own I guess.
SYS: Windows Mobile 6.5.5 23568
Old 04-18-2010, 10:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Q9C
Carrier: VZW

johnbrain is just getting started

I'm using 1.2b with disabled HT messaging version and have had a lot of problems. Freezing requiring battery pull. A phone call I received I was able to slide the slider to answer but the phone kept ringing even though it froze up. Not sure some of the other freezes except to say it tried to load Sense and got stuck there.

On several soft resets, ActiveSync opened when the phone restarted. Not sure why that would happen.

I used rom version of MyPhone. Had marketplace install windows live. Added xdashutdown and swype. Maybe swype (original version) but I don't think so.

AND I added CHT 1.7.1. Perhaps the cuplrit. I like CHT for the express reason I can show multiple calendar items on my home screen. Other than that I don't take much advantage of the many quick links etc.

I am doing a hard reset and will run this ROM without CHT to see if that is the issue.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

makryger is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbrain View Post
I am doing a hard reset and will run this ROM without CHT to see if that is the issue.
Please do report back, as I think I started having freezing issues after installing CHT 1.7 as well...
Old 04-19-2010, 12:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Q9C
Carrier: VZW

johnbrain is just getting started
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

so far no freezing issues at all. even though it's only been a short while I had done a lot of resets at this point with cht 1.7.1

but. any idea where weather animation on/off switch is? before there was the option to add it as a quick link but I don't see the option now

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development