View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 11:53 AM
djp952
PPCGeeks Regular

djp952 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 6.5.5 Drellisdee Whitestone RC1.2b 23559 & 21896 4/17/10

Gave the non-HTC Messaging 1.2b version a try. Is that the messaging from Sense 2.0 or 2.1 ? It looks like a hybrid of the original and the HTC It worked fine both for sending and receiving SMS/MMS for me. Previous poster was correct, you can start a new message and then insert a photo to make it an MMS. Didn't know that! My only knocks against it are that I couldn't find a way to reply to a received message with an MMS, and that in the reply function the window you get to type in is kinda small, especially in landscape mode. Not sure if it expands out as you type or not. But, it definitely worked!

I'm switching back to the HTC Messaging version for now, but I could certainly live with either version Advantages and disadvantages to each. C'est la vie.

23559 feels comparable to 23557 performance-wise thus far. 23557 was very fast for me, the fatest yet!

Thanks for including a soft-reset application as well as applying the HTC camera fixes out of the box, Drellisdee! Saving me more and more steps each time I flash! I think I'm down to about 15 minutes from start-finish now. I think of anything else I do that would be of enough general purpose benefit to even suggest! Your work is absolutely appreciated.

edit: Oh yeah, nary a lock-up or unplanned soft-reset in a while, this build is no exception thus far. I think it must have been the older SYSes that were causing me grief, huh?

Last edited by djp952; 04-18-2010 at 11:55 AM.