PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2010, 05:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Q9M > HTC Vouge > HTC Imagio > Droid X2
Carrier: Verizon

coolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |IMAGIO|¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-* Energy *|Jun 6| 21905|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯ MaxSense

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0adman View Post
Okay, I continue to download and use the NRG roms because they are by far the most feature rich and sexy. However, for the past couple months my text messaging and contacts interaction have been excruciatingly slow. I'm also leaking memory like the giant oil reserve under the gulf. When I move to the messaging tab it's not uncommon for it to take 10 seconds or more to display the text. When I tap to enter the messaging interface, another 10 or more seconds, when I hit reply add another 10 to 20 seconds, when I type my message and hit Send the phone essentially freezes for 15-30 seconds, sometimes longer! I can't back out and not single soft or hard button works except holding the power button, which takes me to the power down screen. The same applies to searching my contacts folder. The only other complaint is the nagging Not enough memory error when opening Opera. I get it about 50% of the time and I'm rebooting about 4 times a day.

If I'm the only one suffering from this crap then I think it's time for me to reload the stock ROM, test performance and maybe look at returning it. I have no idea what's wrong but this kind of lag and freezing up is, as I would imagine you would agree, totally unbearable.
I'm getting some of what you are saying as well. I don't have problems with messaging but have seen the out of memory problem once or twice when trying to take a picture and will see some occasional lag. Usually a reboot fixes that. You may want to either try a ROM that doesn't have CHT in it or wait till he cooks the Reference Roms that he mentioned a few posts up. I posted as well a few pages back that the basic 23569 without CHT is a whole lot more responsive.
- Stedysoft FullDeck R14 -> Notes/bugs/tips HERE
Old 06-14-2010, 06:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc Trophy WP7, formerly Droid X, htc Imagio

t0adman is keeping up the good workt0adman is keeping up the good work
Re: |IMAGIO|¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-* Energy *|Jun 6| 21905|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯ MaxSense

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpoete View Post
I'm getting some of what you are saying as well. I don't have problems with messaging but have seen the out of memory problem once or twice when trying to take a picture and will see some occasional lag. Usually a reboot fixes that. You may want to either try a ROM that doesn't have CHT in it or wait till he cooks the Reference Roms that he mentioned a few posts up. I posted as well a few pages back that the basic 23569 without CHT is a whole lot more responsive.
Thanks. I'll give a non-CHT a shot. I love the CHT interface but it's just not worth the insane lag it produces. Time to try out a lighter version.

By the way, what is a reference ROM and why is it special? TIA.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Titan
Carrier: VZW

mindtrip1016 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0adman View Post
Thanks. I'll give a non-CHT a shot. I love the CHT interface but it's just not worth the insane lag it produces. Time to try out a lighter version.

By the way, what is a reference ROM and why is it special? TIA.
Reference ROM is a bare bones, no frills, basic ROM. No CHT. No Maxmanila. No MaxSense. Just basic operating system with some nice speed tweaks.
I have yet to load one, but I plan on doing so with my fiances Imagio. She can manage to lock up the best of ROMs, so I think a base system would be more up her alley.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Q9M > HTC Vouge > HTC Imagio > Droid X2

coolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

More info on the Reference ROM can be read HERE
Old 06-14-2010, 07:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindtrip1016 View Post
Reference ROM is a bare bones, no frills, basic ROM. No CHT. No Maxmanila. No MaxSense. Just basic operating system with some nice speed tweaks.
I have yet to load one, but I plan on doing so with my fiances Imagio. She can manage to lock up the best of ROMs, so I think a base system would be more up her alley.
That would be ideal provided we had access to a repository of the cabs used to load all the apps. I like a lot of them but need to start out with bare bones and add only ones I use. Speed is key and right now I feel like I'm hamstrung!
Old 06-15-2010, 12:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio

PHaim is a n00b

I noticed a ton of lag comparing the June 13 Dinik to the June 11 Cookie basic 23xxx ROMs. Sense is lagging up like crazy with the Dinik one and it's pretty much unusable for me even after a reset. I didn't have such problems (i'm reloading up basic Cookie now to confirm) when I was running the Cookie basic ROM. I really like Dinik so I'm very interested in seeing it work well on my Imagio but for now I'll have to stick with straight Cookie, maybe until the next release.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:21 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC IMAGIO
Carrier: AIRCEL-INDIA

mally2 is just getting started

hello all,

NRG the roms since may releases are getting a lot of memory hog, not sure why, for the time being i have reverted to a more stable April version... pls do something , the lag and memory hog makes it unbearable, especially when sense freezes and we have to restart
Old 06-15-2010, 10:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Well I went to the latest cookie-free ROM and it's definitely running faster except in Messaging. It seems the phone is simply locking up when a text is being received or sent out. When I click the Send button the phone becomes totally unresponsive until it's sent..maybe? Sometimes that's 10 seconds, sometimes 30 and I can't lock it during that delay so if I throw it in my pocket there's random button pushes. Is the only solution to continue regressing back to previous ROMs? I have some of the first releases when the HSPL came out and those seemed to run substantially better and basically had all the same functionality (minus the debilitating messaging lag).
Old 06-15-2010, 10:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio

jasturbo is a n00b

I'm running the June 7th 21905 Cookie (since I had a lot of issues with the June 6th) and it has been very stable for me. So far this has ran the best on my phone and I very satisfied with it. I think it's much better than the stock rom for the way I use my phone. I actually remember having more lockups and out of memory errors on the stock rom. Very nice work NRG! I appreciate the effort and as I developer I can surely appreciate the time invested in this work.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: VZW

mdefran65 is just getting started

Slow ROM responce seems to be Sense Facebook updates, turn it off and speed is normal again

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development