PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2010, 11:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

Nicaragüense is keeping up the good workNicaragüense is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New ROM VZW 3.04 Shipped

Custom ROMs allow for much more in depth tweaking than just overlaying manila files to achieve a new look.. It will let people "cook" a new ROM and rid it of the verizon bloatware and tailor it to their liking. Many will have visual things like Manila 2.5 added and performance tweaks/enhancements. Better yet though, it would allow the cooks to make WM6.5.3 roms. The newer build of WM is more finger friendly and should hopefully help with some of our memory issues.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio

satsun is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedi2034 View Post
Just do a lot of reading. That's what i did, then i got brave enough to flash a custom rom. And remember. Someone is always there to help.
Cool, yea i been reading and i'm on the 2.5 manila thread alot.. but can you point me to a custom rom? i have a phone that i'm probalby sending back within a day or 2 and would love to try out a custom rom and see what it does, incase i burn out the phoen it doesnt matter lol it's goin back....

thanks for your help
Old 02-26-2010, 01:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: None

jonharm is a n00b

The exact area within TD2 Tools that causes this is in the Data Conn. Tab. By setting the Verizon data connection to "Always On", you're going to get the lockup you describe. It seems to not allow the data connection to shut down to allow the voice connection to go through. Sometimes, it can also cause the phone to experience a signifigant delay unlocking the phone (around 30 seconds). If you disable the "Always On", it will restore your ability to answer calls, rendering a hard reset unnecessary and allowing you to apply the other tweaks availible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilbenl View Post
This may be a "Duh" moment, but just an FYI to folks:

Although HD Tweak worked just fine with the previous ROM, HD Tweak caused me to be unable to answer incoming calls. When attempting to answer, sliding the slider to accept caused it to remain on the incoming call screen, unable to hear the other party on either end, and the only way to get it to go away is to end the call. I used the same settings in HD Tweak that I had used previously w.o issue. In order to fix this, I attempted to simply uninstall HD Tweak to no avail. I ultimately did a hard-reset, re-loaded the rom, and now everything works fine.

Now, this may or may not be related to specific settings I used, or a compatibility issue with the program in general. In any case, IMHO, I would avoid HD Tweak unless you're willing to do a hard reset. In my particular case, this is unfortunate because I liked being able to adjust TF3D's sensitivity.

PS: I know HD Tweak is incompatible with Sense 2.1/2.5. I use good ol fashioned 2.0 until the release of some ROMS with 2.1/2.5 cooked-in.
Old 02-26-2010, 03:51 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by satsun View Post
Cool, yea i been reading and i'm on the 2.5 manila thread alot.. but can you point me to a custom rom? i have a phone that i'm probalby sending back within a day or 2 and would love to try out a custom rom and see what it does, incase i burn out the phoen it doesnt matter lol it's goin back....

thanks for your help
I could be completely mistaken here so someone feel free to correct me. I do not think that there is a custom ROM for the Imagio. That is what we are all waiting for. The ROM in this thread is not a custom ROM. It is a ROM update that has now officially been released by Verizon. There will be no custom ROM's until the HSPL is done.

Also- (again I could be wrong) I do not think you want to return a device to Verizon with a custom ROM on it. I am under the impression that that would void your warranty.

Please- someone that knows can confirm this.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-26-2010, 04:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: None

jonharm is a n00b

I assure you, Verizon does not much approve of that. I'd suggest re-flashing to the ROM in this thread before returning, at the very least.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

satsun is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonpulaski View Post
I could be completely mistaken here so someone feel free to correct me. I do not think that there is a custom ROM for the Imagio. That is what we are all waiting for. The ROM in this thread is not a custom ROM. It is a ROM update that has now officially been released by Verizon. There will be no custom ROM's until the HSPL is done.

Also- (again I could be wrong) I do not think you want to return a device to Verizon with a custom ROM on it. I am under the impression that that would void your warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonharm View Post
I assure you, Verizon does not much approve of that. I'd suggest re-flashing to the ROM in this thread before returning, at the very least.
Thanks for the update guys i will keep this in mind when returning the fone....
Old 02-26-2010, 09:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

dedi2034 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonpulaski View Post

You are correct. If you flash a custom rom to your phone and something happens to it. You HAVE to put the original Verizon rom back on it and RELOCK the phone before sending it in. Otherwise you will void your warrenty and they will not fix it.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: VZW

MegaZapFan is just getting started

Well I'm a couple days into running 3.0.4 now and my battery life really took a hit with this update.

I've disabled GPS, added the poll hack (even to 30000), turned off direct push, and set my backlight to go off rather quickly (30 sec), but my battery life is still much worse than before the flash.

Also, I'm too having the "click to preview" issue with IMAP accounts -- odd that it did indeed fix itself after a day but broke again just as quickly and now remains "click to preview". Anyone have any luck getting that one fixed?
Old 02-26-2010, 01:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

fluidj is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaZapFan View Post
Well I'm a couple days into running 3.0.4 now and my battery life really took a hit with this update.

I've disabled GPS, added the poll hack (even to 30000), turned off direct push, and set my backlight to go off rather quickly (30 sec), but my battery life is still much worse than before the flash.

Also, I'm too having the "click to preview" issue with IMAP accounts -- odd that it did indeed fix itself after a day but broke again just as quickly and now remains "click to preview". Anyone have any luck getting that one fixed?
I'm going to monitor it for a month total. IIRC, that's about how long it took for my battery issues to subside when I 1st purchased the Imagio when it was released.
I will admit that my battery life has been horrible since installing 3.0.4. That tells me that the battery issues are definitely software related and NOT a case of a faulty batch of batteries as previously discussed in other threads.
What could a fresh ROM be doing to cause such poor battery performance during the first month?
Old 02-26-2010, 01:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Ozone,Diam,Imagio,TPro2,Opt-S,EVO,3VO,E4GT
Carrier: Boost (CDMA)

m4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

All these horror stories are holding me back to flashing the new 3.04...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development